Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 228

Thread: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

  1. #71
    Tavern Bartender
    #prouddeplorable
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    70,152

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    You are the king of straw. Literally nobody has even suggested anything close to this nonsensical bull****.

    The guy yammering about gun registration (in a case where it never would have come into play) made a more valid, germane statement than that pile of feces.
    I think most everyone else understood it to be sarcasm, but you.....it went right over your head.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country spoke, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 10:40 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,339

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The chance of this being a BIG part of anything is nil.

    How did this gun get from a fed to a criminal?
    It was reported stolen from the fed's car in June of this year.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  3. #73
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    37,928

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I think most everyone else understood it to be sarcasm, but you.....it went right over your head.
    Well, it's pretty hard to tell with you, since you rarely present an argument that isn't a strawman.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #74
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    37,928

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    It was reported stolen from the fed's car in June of this year.
    I see. Was it a service handgun or personal?

    (Too lazy to click on link)
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #75
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,652

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Guns are not safe for anyone, that is generally the point of a gun, is to be unsafe and kill people, weather its for defense, or otherwise. A gun is an inanimate object, and does not care who's hands its in, or what its pointed at. As humans, it goes without saying that even the most professional and proficient people make mistakes. When you are around guns all the time, one can become complacent about the danger a gun brings into any situation. People who are the most proficient and professional are arguable the most at risk of making ignorant mistakes. This can be explained easily. Take a gun and hand it to someone who has never fired on, or been around one before, educate them on the dangers and how to use it, and the first time they are handed one to fire, they are so afraid that they follow all the rules to the T.

    Certainly, the person in the situation you describe sounds like the complacent professional I mentioned above, and should be punished for it. The problem with gun culture in America, is that we have become so desensitized to them that all of us are in danger of becoming that complacent professional that shoots himself, or someone else.


    Oy vey; take out the word gun and insert "running with scissors." That makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 10:40 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,339

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    San Francisco Chronicle has lots more on the affair.

    Here's one telling us why the perp was on the street.
    S.F. drug warrant helped accused killer stay in U.S.

    A 20-year-old warrant over an alleged $20 marijuana deal in San Francisco turned into a ticket to freedom for Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez, the man charged Monday with murder in the shooting of a stranger who was walking on a waterfront pier.
    Whether he should have gotten that ticket continued to fuel debate Monday in the aftermath of Wednesday’s slaying of Kathryn Steinle on Pier 14 along the Embarcadero.
    Lopez-Sanchez, whose age is listed as 45 by police and 52 in jail records, is a convicted felon with a long history of drug crimes who has spent about half his adult life serving time for illegally entering the country and has been deported five times to Mexico, according to records reviewed by The Chronicle.
    Why the man was released from detention when ICE had asked to take custody from San Francisco officials is THE question. Feinstein scalds S.F. for freeing man accused in pier killing

    After all, we all know that the Marxist Kenyan has totally destroyed the Border Patrol during his time in office, ensuring the border with Mexico is like a freeway of degenerate "rapists" flowing into the country - so this killing must be his and the "Democrap" Party's responsibility.

    Naturally, there are some who prefer to accuse their opponents of being the true cause behind the death of a woman for no other reason than politics. S.F. killing sparks national outrage, likely political fallout
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  7. #77
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 10:40 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    8,339

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I see. Was it a service handgun or personal?

    (Too lazy to click on link)
    Shame on you!! Lazy fingers

    Personal
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Guns are not safe for anyone, that is generally the point of a gun, is to be unsafe and kill people, weather its for defense, or otherwise. A gun is an inanimate object, and does not care who's hands its in, or what its pointed at. As humans, it goes without saying that even the most professional and proficient people make mistakes. When you are around guns all the time, one can become complacent about the danger a gun brings into any situation. People who are the most proficient and professional are arguable the most at risk of making ignorant mistakes. This can be explained easily. Take a gun and hand it to someone who has never fired on, or been around one before, educate them on the dangers and how to use it, and the first time they are handed one to fire, they are so afraid that they follow all the rules to the T.

    Certainly, the person in the situation you describe sounds like the complacent professional I mentioned above, and should be punished for it. The problem with gun culture in America, is that we have become so desensitized to them that all of us are in danger of becoming that complacent professional that shoots himself, or someone else.
    So do you think, coming from another country other than ours where guns are everywhere, he had to find instructions on how to operate it? It would be intuitive for an American since it rains guns here, but for a Mexican national? It had to be a very confusing time for this man having come from such a peaceful place.

  9. #79
    Tavern Bartender
    #prouddeplorable
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    70,152

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Well, it's pretty hard to tell with you, since you rarely present an argument that isn't a strawman.
    Well, it's pretty hard to tell with you, since you rarely present an argument.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country spoke, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #80
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,652

    Re: Gun used by illigal immigrant in killing belonged to federal agent

    n an interview Sunday with KGO, Lopez-Sanchez confessed to the shooting but said it was an accident. He said that he found the gun, wrapped in a T-shirt, under a bench and that it went off three times when he picked it up.

    He said he then kicked the gun into San Francisco Bay and walked off, not knowing he had shot someone until police arrested him an hour later on a nearby street corner. He reportedly first told police he had been shooting at sea lions.
    So which was it? Was he shooting at sea lions or did the weapon "accidentally" discharge three times? And BTW, how does that happen?

    I want to know how the federal agent's personal firearm was stolen out of a car and how it got into this guy's possession. I also want to know what agency he worked for.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...gned/29811735/
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •