Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 165

Thread: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

  1. #41
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,659

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Good, he should be.
    An arrest is not a conviction. A search warrant even less so.
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Trump, patientia nostra?

  2. #42
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,659

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Glee? No not really. But its hard to get a raid without some more than just "some guy we knew" was involved in kiddie porn.
    It's simply a matter of filling in the blanks in the search warrant application and getting a judge to sign it. Considering that many judges don't even bother to read the damn things it ain't all that hard.
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Trump, patientia nostra?

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    It's simply a matter of filling in the blanks in the search warrant application and getting a judge to sign it. Considering that many judges don't even bother to read the damn things it ain't all that hard.
    Pretty high profile guy like that? Yea, it was read and probably re read by a court officer and judge. All "I"s were dotted and "T"s crossed.
    Lose a child porn case because you didn't read it well enough, your judgeship is over.
    Your legal career is over. Heck you may even be charged with misconduct.
    Its not like they were picking up a guy that missed his court date for a DUI.
    Plus, what did the other guy that was actually arrested say to get them to have Subway boy involved. Either there is something to it, or his foundation guy is a spitballing anything he can to get the heat off of him.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,659

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Pretty high profile guy like that? Yea, it was read and probably re read by a court officer and judge. All "I"s were dotted and "T"s crossed.
    Lose a child porn case because you didn't read it well enough, your judgeship is over.
    Your legal career is over. Heck you may even be charged with misconduct.
    Its not like they were picking up a guy that missed his court date for a DUI.
    Plus, what did the other guy that was actually arrested say to get them to have Subway boy involved. Either there is something to it, or his foundation guy is a spitballing anything he can to get the heat off of him.
    I'm sure the judge made sure that the form was filled out correctly. Whether he looked at the grounds for the warrant is what I'd question. A survey of judges in Iowa - I think it was - was done a few years back and determined that judges spent something line 5-10 minutes reading each. When the chief judge was asked about it he basically said "we get so many of these that we don't have time to analyze them. We assume that the justification is solid."
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Trump, patientia nostra?

  5. #45
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,457

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    I have to say I am surprised by the levity of this thread. Investigations of child abuse are really not funny.

    It'd be funny if he was an anti-gay senator caught cruising in a public toilet. It'd be funny if he had pulled something like a Weiner, which is both ironic and a bit sad.

    But possibly suspected of being involved with child abuse? No, not funny.

  6. #46
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,806
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I have to say I am surprised by the levity of this thread. Investigations of child abuse are really not funny.

    It'd be funny if he was an anti-gay senator caught cruising in a public toilet. It'd be funny if he had pulled something like a Weiner, which is both ironic and a bit sad.

    But possibly suspected of being involved with child abuse? No, not funny.
    Possibly maybe suspected of perhaps there is a chance...

    Like I said. His life is ruined.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  7. #47
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    London
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,457

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Possibly maybe suspected of perhaps there is a chance...

    Like I said. His life is ruined.
    Yes, and I acknowledge that; that he is "possibly suspected" of being involved, not that he is.

    I'm just sort of grossed out that I'm seeing so many jokes based on the assumption that he is indeed a pedophile. I don't understand how that could be funny to anyone.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Yes, and I acknowledge that; that he is "possibly suspected" of being involved, not that he is.

    I'm just sort of grossed out that I'm seeing so many jokes based on the assumption that he is indeed a pedophile. I don't understand how that could be funny to anyone.
    haven't noticed any levity.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,334

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I have to say I am surprised by the levity of this thread. Investigations of child abuse are really not funny.

    It'd be funny if he was an anti-gay senator caught cruising in a public toilet. It'd be funny if he had pulled something like a Weiner, which is both ironic and a bit sad.

    But possibly suspected of being involved with child abuse? No, not funny.
    Nobody knows why the house was raided so it is a little early to say it was because of child abuse.

    So he knows a guy that got in trouble.

    This raid could have been for something totally different.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd fired.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •