Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 165

Thread: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,706

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Correct, but as someone already mentioned, he's screwed whether he's guilty or not.
    I hope you're wrong. It doesn't have to be that way.

  2. #32
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,298

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    A certain kind of person takes a hateful glee when a person of "good public persona" falls from grace.

    Personally I find it not gleeful but saddening.

    And we don't yet know what the raid was about, TMK.

    I don't know that it is glee, necessarily... there are just a lot of people who view these stories much the same way they view an episode of CSI. They are convinced they can solve the crime before the show is over.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #33
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,183

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I hope you're wrong. It doesn't have to be that way.
    Unfortunately, the initial rumour is always big letters, front page, and everyone sees it, and the correction/retraction is small print, back page and few see it.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  4. #34
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,113
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Stop it, John. This is a character assassination thread, and Fogle is guilty. Of what, we don't know...but so what? Gawker has dipped back into Fogle's past and discovered that he rented porn videos to other college kids out of his dorm room. This clearly proves that Fogle is into kiddie porn.

    Why wait for facts to come in, especially if a swipe can be made at Fox News, which is the only news outlet reporting?

    Schadenfreude: Taking pleasure from someone's misfortune
    And if the facts come in he isn't guilty of anything.. what then? Really jumping the gun aren't we.

  5. #35
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,706

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Some surely are. In fact, guilty or innocent, Jared Fogle has been pronounced "screwed."

  6. #36
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,811
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Your cop hate aside, thousands of raids or searches are conducted yearly without a hitch.
    When your baby gets incinerated in it's crib because the cops came to the wrong house based on bad information that was outdated by over 6 months would you be consoled with: "thousands of raids are conducted yearly without a hitch". On-topic, nothing I said was factually inaccurate and has nothing to do with hate.

    Agreed with everyone else. Whether Fogle is guilty or innocent; he's screwed and his life is never going to be the same. Speaking of raids...if thousands of raids go off without a hitch why was the reason for this raid leaked to the public? That's the type of information that should be kept confidential anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    When your baby gets incinerated in it's crib because the cops came to the wrong house based on bad information that was outdated by over 6 months would you be consoled with: "thousands of raids are conducted yearly without a hitch". On-topic, nothing I said was factually inaccurate and has nothing to do with hate.

    Agreed with everyone else. Whether Fogle is guilty or innocent; he's screwed and his life is never going to be the same. Speaking of raids...if thousands of raids go off without a hitch why was the reason for this raid leaked to the public? That's the type of information that should be kept confidential anyway.
    Yea, its hate bro. Just say it. Man up and say it.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    I always thought 5 dollar footlong was a bad marketing name.

    If this guy is found guilty, may he make a fine wife in prison. Still, the article does not say he was arrested.

  9. #39
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,352

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Good, he should be.
    If the child porn allegations are true, yes.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #40
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your left... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,571

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If the child porn allegations are true, yes.
    And if not... even if proven beyond doubt they're not... there will still a sizable number of people who will believe he was/is guilty and that he just got away with it.
    Huntsman / Kasich 2020

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •