Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 165

Thread: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

  1. #11
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-07-16 @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,921

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I expect better from Fox News.
    You didnt expect a major news outlet to cover a celebrity's home being raided for child porn? Why not? Furthermore did you read the article? It was pretty clear that they did not know exactly why it was being raided, only that it was. They reported what happened.

    Do you also expect better of every other media outlet reporting this or do you just hate on fox news and make excuses for the rest?

    Cops Search Home of Subway Spokesman Jared Fogle - NBC News

    Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of Subway's Jared Fogle - CBS News

    Subway Spokesman Jared Fogle's Home Searched by FBI - ABC News

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.2283728

    I could keep going but I think you get the point.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,999

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    A certain kind of person takes a hateful glee when a person of "good public persona" falls from grace.


    Personally I find it not gleeful but saddening.


    And we don't yet know what the raid was about, TMK.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    A certain kind of person takes a hateful glee when a person of "good public persona" falls from grace.


    Personally I find it not gleeful but saddening.


    And we don't yet know what the raid was about, TMK.
    Glee? No not really. But its hard to get a raid without some more than just "some guy we knew" was involved in kiddie porn.

  4. #14
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,943

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Feds, police search home of Subway pitchman Jared Fogle | Fox News

    DEVELOPING: State and federal authorities descended Tuesday on the Indiana home of Subway spokesman Jared Fogle, just over two months after the former director of his charitable foundation was arrested on child pornography charges.

    Fogle, 37, who became the sandwich chain’s spokesman in 2000 after losing weight as a freshman at Indiana University by eating an all-Subway diet, lives in the Indianapolis suburb of Zionsville. Authorities did not say if Tuesday’s search warrants were connected to the arrest of his former associate.
    So, he is out as Trump's running mate?
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  5. #15
    Winged Eel Fingerling
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,943
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen sehen.

  6. #16
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,005

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    "Eat fresh" huh?
    Is what you're living for today, worth dying for tomorrow?
    _____________________________________________

  7. #17
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,186

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Glee? No not really. But its hard to get a raid without some more than just "some guy we knew" was involved in kiddie porn.
    Well, here's an alternate scenario, equally with no evidence.

    Since the guy who was arrested a couple of months ago on child porn charges was a former director of Jared Fogle's charitable foundation, couldn't it be possible that the police/feds wanted to search the charitable foundation's files/computers to see if this former director's child porn activities were at all related to the charitable foundation or if he had contacts within the charity or used its facilities/services to further his child porn activities?
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Well, here's an alternate scenario, equally with no evidence.

    Since the guy who was arrested a couple of months ago on child porn charges was a former director of Jared Fogle's charitable foundation, couldn't it be possible that the police/feds wanted to search the charitable foundation's files/computers to see if this former director's child porn activities were at all related to the charitable foundation or if he had contacts within the charity or used its facilities/services to further his child porn activities?
    Yea, sure. They usually send in some techs. Break down your files on your computer, drop it on a flash and split. Not park a big van on your drive at 7 am.

  9. #19
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,186

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yea, sure. They usually send in some techs. Break down your files on your computer, drop it on a flash and split. Not park a big van on your drive at 7 am.
    Could be - depends on whether the charity's lawyers were cooperating or required the feds to get a warrant for access.

    I'm not suggesting there isn't some illegal activity that Fogle is/was involved in, only that it's a little early for the "child porn" smear to be floated - as you said, he's screwed now regardless of the outcome.
    A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.

  10. #20
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,116

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not suggesting there isn't some illegal activity that Fogle is/was involved in, only that it's a little early for the "child porn" smear to be floated - as you said, he's screwed now regardless of the outcome.
    Correct, he could be the Richard Jewell of fast food.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •