Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 165

Thread: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

  1. #121
    Sage

    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,805

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Yeah. I don't get people who are so quick to declare someone guilty on basically nothing. I don't get that one. Maybe it is because I was falsely accused of something once upon a time, nothing legal mind you, but none the less it caused me grief. I had a sister-in-law one time accuse me of having an affair with my brother-in-law. Why? because she found a red half-slip in one of their family sleeping bags that belonged to me. When I was first hit with the allegations,, I was speechless. My mind couldn't even begin to sort through where in the world this was coming from and how did my slip end up in the sleeping bag in the first place? Well after sorting through it all, a couple of months prior, my niece came over for a sleepover my daughter was having. She and my daughter are close to the same age. The girls liked to play dress up. I gave them some slips, scarves, costume jewelry and high heels to play in. They slept in sleeping bags in the family room that night where they could stay up late watching movies, eating popcorn and root beer floats. They went to bed wearing the slips over their PJ's. It took my sister in law asking her daughter if she ever played dress up wearing that red half slip. The child thank God said yes. Though that was hard to go through, I guess it was a life lesson, to never ever be quick to accuse someone of something before you know all the facts.

    So far Jared has not been arrested. I'll wait to see if any charges come forth before commenting on his guilt or innocence. And for the record, there are a lot of us who enjoy Subway subs. I have my favorite. And for the record, someone who works at a cereal factory walks out smelling like cookies. Or one who has a job at a pizza place walks out smelling like pizza. So what? They went to work and earned their money.
    Greetings, Vesper.

    You gotta pity the guys whose job it is to muck out barn stalls that house cattle, even if they're ankle deep in straw! Ewww!

  2. #122
    Sage
    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,925

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, Vesper.

    You gotta pity the guys whose job it is to muck out barn stalls that house cattle, even if they're ankle deep in straw! Ewww!
    My comments about a person smelling like the place they work were targeted at a previous post that I did not care to quote. Someone who works for a living regardless of their trade/job may walk out smelling like it. So what. Nothing smells worse than self-righteousness.
    Last edited by vesper; 07-11-15 at 02:55 PM.

  3. #123
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your left... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:42 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    26,667

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    I love subway but you have to admit that he does look like a pervert. Would you want someone looking like that staring at your kids?
    Attachment 67187158

    This investigation could go either way but someone only gets searched by the police if they have a good reason to think that the searched party might be guilty.
    Please fill me in on what the "pervert" physical qualities are.
    Huntsman / Kasich 2020

  4. #124
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,077

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Come on people, we're literally not allowed to even discuss the allegations until a verdict is rendered!

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Please fill me in on what the "pervert" physical qualities are.

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,196

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I appreciate that, but in my view it's undeniable that in today's America the private lives and actions of employees or spokespeople are directly linked to their employers and if their employers don't banish them immediately they are tarred as supporters or condoning the actions/words of the employee. You see it time and time again. Donald Trump is the latest example.

    Many American corporations now have HR professionals who scan the social media accounts of their employees and will immediately fire anyone seen to be using speech that may badly reflect on the corporation. The need to vilify any speech that is not acceptable to the collective is out of control. In my view, it is no different from McCarthyism and the stain of that on America mid-20th century.
    A very thought provoking post. I believe you are right. America.. "the land of the free".... should be "the land of the free as long as you act like your employer wants you to"

    We supposedly fear for our freedoms.. but have no problem with corporations telling us what we can do in our private lives, in our vehicles, what we say.. who we associate with etc. Heck our compensation is now dependent on the religious beliefs of our employers and the government cannot even grant us equal protection under the law if the employer is of a preferred religion.

    Now.. that being said... I have HR professionals that scan social media accounts of employees and prospective employees. Word to the wise... don't post a picture of you on a boat drinking beer and title it "Called out Sick!"..

  7. #127
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,935
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    A very thought provoking post. I believe you are right. America.. "the land of the free".... should be "the land of the free as long as you act like your employer wants you to"

    We supposedly fear for our freedoms.. but have no problem with corporations telling us what we can do in our private lives, in our vehicles, what we say.. who we associate with etc. Heck our compensation is now dependent on the religious beliefs of our employers and the government cannot even grant us equal protection under the law if the employer is of a preferred religion.

    Now.. that being said... I have HR professionals that scan social media accounts of employees and prospective employees. Word to the wise... don't post a picture of you on a boat drinking beer and title it "Called out Sick!"..
    That is the conservative dilemma isn't it? Whining about how what we do in our lives is being eroded yet being champions for "right to work" AND hating unions with a passion. How do conservatives constantly hold two completely opposite ideas in their heads with such comfort?

    And back on topic; Poor Jared Fogle. Judge not lest ye be judged and yet he loses his job as a spokesman because of guilt by association. I too would like to know how it's possible it got leaked to the media on what the investigation was about. The leak was 100% malicious as far as I can tell. Let's say Jared did have kiddie porn on his computers. If it's being announced all over the media then doesn't that give him time to flee the country?
    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Blacks aren't committing more crime. That's the point. They use drugs at similar rates yet they get harsher sentences and more convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I disagree. Just because their drug usage may be no different does not mean their propensity to commit crime is the same or equal.

  8. #128
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,077

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    That is the conservative dilemma isn't it? Whining about how what we do in our lives is being eroded yet being champions for "right to work" AND hating unions with a passion. How do conservatives constantly hold two completely opposite ideas in their heads with such comfort?

    And back on topic; Poor Jared Fogle. Judge not lest ye be judged and yet he loses his job as a spokesman because of guilt by association. I too would like to know how it's possible it got leaked to the media on what the investigation was about. The leak was 100% malicious as far as I can tell. Let's say Jared did have kiddie porn on his computers. If it's being announced all over the media then doesn't that give him time to flee the country?
    Uhh, when the police are raiding a house it's pretty normal for the media to know why.

  9. #129
    Global Moderator
    Engagement!
    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    I don't think anything really "leaked" anyways.

    It was known in the media that the person involved with his foundation was being investigated (and I think arrested) on child pornography charges.

    Shortly after that Jared's house is raided.

    It doesn't take a genius to come up with speculation on why that may be, especially if you're not one to believe in coincidences.

    I have no issue with people trying to speculate and talk about hypotheticals. I do have issues with people acting as if it's a definitive thing and already condemning him as if he DID do something as opposed to that he MIGHT have done something.

  10. #130
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,820

    Re: Subway's Jared Fogle the target of a police raid...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I don't think anything really "leaked" anyways.

    It was known in the media that the person involved with his foundation was being investigated (and I think arrested) on child pornography charges.

    Shortly after that Jared's house is raided.

    It doesn't take a genius to come up with speculation on why that may be, especially if you're not one to believe in coincidences.

    I have no issue with people trying to speculate and talk about hypotheticals. I do have issues with people acting as if it's a definitive thing and already condemning him as if he DID do something as opposed to that he MIGHT have done something.
    I don't even know what allegations have been made, only that the feds seized the home computer and other electronics. And I'd still like to know how the camera people knew to be on that street in advance of the early-morning raid.

    What I find so disturbing is the leaping to conclusions and judging this man guilty before any charges against him have been made and then pronouncing him ruined regardless.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •