Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 187

Thread: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

  1. #171
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,242

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Oh. So you shouldn't pontificate the question and if answering the question may actually benefit society? You know like: "have you seen this man." Or "have you seen this child." Or "did you hear anyone arguing at this time last night?"

    **** me! I swear people just don't understand that one size responses NEVER fit all.

    But what would I know? I've been asked questions by police and answered questions for them.
    While I agree, answering have you seen this man/woman/child may help society, it is not your requirement as a citizen to participate in the questioning unless you are being detained and even then, you have the right to a lawyer. So ya, this may have helped the guy. I don't know, all I saw was a guy who did not want to be detained get detained.

    Thank you for doing your civic duty and answering to the police. That was your choice, you can use or not use your freedom as you like.
    "We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the ******* irony in that." - Justin Halpern

  2. #172
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,395

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by WSUwarrior View Post
    While you call it fascist logic...I call it liberal logic. Its liberal policies that are getting people ****ed with, its liberal policies that made the arrest justified, duh. Unintended consequences are the mother****er, arent they lib?
    I'm likely more traditionally conservative than you could ever hope to be. But no, this is Republocrat fascism at its finest. Make laws that excuse excessive interference and monitoring, and then make excuses for the authority when they abuse power.

    So instead of smuggly sitting back pointing fingers, perhaps it would be better to address the base of the problem. But deflection and intellectual dishonesty make for an oh so much more convenient argument, huh?

    Statists
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #173
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,467

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    While I agree, answering have you seen this man/woman/child may help society, it is not your requirement as a citizen to participate in the questioning unless you are being detained and even then, you have the right to a lawyer. So ya, this may have helped the guy. I don't know, all I saw was a guy who did not want to be detained get detained.

    Thank you for doing your civic duty and answering to the police. That was your choice, you can use or not use your freedom as you like.
    I just want to point out that "cooperating" with the police isn't a bad thing. One of the worst problems for inner city police departments, especially in solving murders, is the anti snitch mentality. A mentality that makes an already horrible situation even worse because it pretty much lands the idea that it is impossible to solve murders or solve the problems.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    09-08-15 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Why follow the idiot? To have sufficient non-lethal force to subdue him without engaging in a fistfight on the street where you put lives in danger. What if the guy had grabbed the cop's gun, for example?
    Don't matter, they are both black. No harm no foul, just another day in the hood.

  5. #175
    Professor WSUwarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Seen
    03-21-16 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm likely more traditionally conservative than you could ever hope to be. But no, this is Republocrat fascism at its finest. Make laws that excuse excessive interference and monitoring, and then make excuses for the authority when they abuse power.

    So instead of smuggly sitting back pointing fingers, perhaps it would be better to address the base of the problem. But deflection and intellectual dishonesty make for an oh so much more convenient argument, huh?

    Statists
    There is no such thing as fascism in our CJ system. Everyone gets their day in court, hell...some people even get free legal counsel. Yea sooooooooooo fascist. Give me a break.
    "Opportunity does not come knocking. It is usually running down the street, you have to chase and tackle it." - Sheriff David Clarke, Milwaukee County.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Tough crap. If you are in a country, you abide by that country's rules... they are called laws. Don't like it, move to where there are no laws. Till then, your BS notion that killing cops enforcing laws as acceptable is just ridiculously childish tripe.
    I heard Mogadishu, the Canadian Tundra and Siberia nice this time of year. I think instead of donating to the forum, we should all pitch in and buy Henrin a one way ticket to one of those places. That way, he won't be bothered by pesky laws of any sort.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #177
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,061

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Oh. So you shouldn't pontificate the question and if answering the question may actually benefit society? You know like: "have you seen this man." Or "have you seen this child." Or "did you hear anyone arguing at this time last night?"
    You are under absolutely no obligation to answer any question from any police officer. You do know this, right?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #178
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,084

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyJoe View Post
    I agree with this. That's exactly how passive resistance is supposed to work: Publicly provoke and then accept the arrest.
    Yeah, I'm thinking a rally in Central Park, then a march. The issue would be would there be enough interest in something like this in New York to get a large enough turnout to make a difference. That's why I think the lawsuit approach would be better, as was used in the District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago cases regarding the Second Amendment.
    Нава́льный 2018

  9. #179
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,467

    Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You are under absolutely no obligation to answer any question from any police officer. You do know this, right?
    And? Just because someone isn't obligated does not mean they SHOULD refuse to answer. Life saving information? Something that leads to a break in the case?

    **** me! Just because you have a right, doesn't mean that invoking that right makes you automatically "in the right" (morally/ethically speaking). When did people decide that they would rather invoke a right than do the right thing (morally/ethically)and put away known criminals?

    Edit add:

    And yes. I am obligated. By my own principles. When I see a piece of **** do something like shooting an endangered animal (watched it), smoking weed while driving (seen it), drunk driving (seen it), or threatening to fight and stumbling drunk into traffic? I am morally obligated to report that and give information to the police. I ****ing hate criminals. I hate people that abuse the system designed to protect law abiding citizens. I hate people that take advantage of others out of some narcissistic or just plain stupidity or evilness.
    Last edited by blackjack50; 07-08-15 at 06:30 PM.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #180
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    12-03-16 @ 04:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,569

    Re: Video Shows Man Getting Punched by Cop After Resisting Arrest in Harlem

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    And? Just because someone isn't obligated does not mean they SHOULD refuse to answer. Life saving information? Something that leads to a break in the case?

    **** me! Just because you have a right, doesn't mean that invoking that right makes you automatically "in the right" (morally/ethically speaking). When did people decide that they would rather invoke a right than do the right thing (morally/ethically)and put away known criminals?
    When the government decided that anything I say and do will be used against me in a court of law.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •