Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 323

Thread: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    How dare she be able to give communion right???

    Distributing the Sacrament is not the same as consecrating it. Just FYI.

  2. #52
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    The Church of England WAS the Episcopal Church before the name change and the revolutionary war. The reason they changed the name is because anything English was radioactive to the Americans and anything American was radioactive to the British, but otherwise it was the same bunch, the same clergy, same congregations.




    Not anymore. Heretics like John Spong saw to that.



    They've lost members because of their departure from scripture AND their own 39 Articles of Religion.



    The Episcopal Church stopped being a Church a long time ago, it's just a social club.
    This is entirely unfair. And you know it.

  3. #53
    Guru
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    This is entirely unfair. And you know it.
    I'm willing to be convinced. Do you think I like being this cynical about it?

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,779

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I'm willing to be convinced. Do you think I like being this cynical about it?
    However cynical you may be, you know that there are Episcopalians who remain earnest Christians and who don't regard their faith experience as a mere "social club." For some of all denominations and sects, church/synagogue/mosque attendance is the socially expected and done thing, but I just can't categorize in this way an entire denom.

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,746

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Christians in name only. If you don't adhere to scripture, you're a fake. The Bible wasn't meant to be redefined or rewritten...only reread.
    ...and then interpreted by you eh?
    My views are my views, then there is the Christian view:
    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Of course the third world dregs are breeding like rabbits.

  6. #56
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    14,436

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    please quote verse and scripture what it says that marriage is anything but a man and a women like you claimed.
    I am waiting.

    anyting else you posts is just distraction arguments because you can't backup what you said.

    No I want you to defend YOUR interpretation of the bible. so please quote the bible verse and scripture that agrees with you.
    I am still waiting for you to prove to me that the bible says that gay marriage is ok.
    You are right. Scripture does not endorse gay marriage. One can find support for child rape, child marriage, genocide and of course slavery in the Old Testament, but nothing supportive of gay marriage.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #57
    Guru
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,249

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    However cynical you may be, you know that there are Episcopalians who remain earnest Christians and who don't regard their faith experience as a mere "social club." For some of all denominations and sects, church/synagogue/mosque attendance is the socially expected and done thing, but I just can't categorize in this way an entire denom.
    Do I know that? Earnest Christians and clergy have been leaving TEC in droves for 15 years that I know about, I have to wonder if there are any left. But, I'll concede the point. God said that if there was one righteous man in Sodom He would spare the city, let's hope there is one righteous man in left in TEC.

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,369

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Keep waiting. I don't mean this to insult you, but I really don't care about (am indifferent to) your interpretation of the Bible, and who you think has it wrong, and I'm not going to defend or argue on behalf of those you disagree with. All I'm noting is I believe (my own opinion is) that men and women of good will and a legitimate desire to live according to God's will DO (billions of them) disagree with you and are as positive you are wrong as you are certain they are.

    The end.
    then you need to retract your statement you can't prove what you said is true and you know that for a fact that is why you refuse to post scripture and verse to support yourself.
    thank you for your concession.

    you won't even backup your interpretation with anything it has nothing to do with me that is a projection fallacy.
    you are the one that made the statement it is up to you to prove it.

    you refuse to prove it because you simply can't.

    you are right The End you Lose.

    They can disagree with me all they want to I will ask them the same question.

    provide scripture and verse that supports gay marriage.
    if they can't then they are not following God's word but man's word.

  9. #59
    Guru

    Winchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    How dare she be able to give communion right???

    There is a church in town that practices that. Not allowed to read the word of god on the pulpit.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,369

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You are right. Scripture does not endorse gay marriage. One can find support for child rape, child marriage, genocide and of course slavery in the Old Testament, but nothing supportive of gay marriage.
    distraction fallacies will always be distraction fallacies.

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •