Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 323

Thread: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

  1. #191
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,634

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The Bible is pretty clear on Homosexuality regardless of which interpretation you use.
    Which is why the Episcopalians allow SSM
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #192
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,513

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The Bible is pretty clear on Homosexuality regardless of which interpretation you use.
    Is it? Some sects, or at least this one, doesn't seem to agree. Are they not Christian then? Which Christian is the most Christian of all the Christians? Which one speaks the truth about the Bible?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #193
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,820

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    The one who sticks to what the Bible actually says?

    Just a guess.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Is it? Some sects, or at least this one, doesn't seem to agree. Are they not Christian then? Which Christian is the most Christian of all the Christians? Which one speaks the truth about the Bible?
    If a sect of Christians decided that the commandment "thou shall not kill" wasnt really a commandment and strated murdering people would you argue that they are still Christians who just have a different view on the Bible?

  5. #195
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,513

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    If a sect of Christians decided that the commandment "thou shall not kill" wasnt really a commandment and strated murdering people would you argue that they are still Christians who just have a different view on the Bible?
    It would be up to them, and some Christians do take variations of that, as being Thou Shall not Murder. Meaning that killing in certain circumstances is OK.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #196
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,250

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Oh, so your interpretation of the Bible is the correct one, yeah? Which Christian sect is the right one?
    The ones that don't omit.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  7. #197
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,420

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It would be up to them, and some Christians do take variations of that, as being Thou Shall not Murder. Meaning that killing in certain circumstances is OK.
    Thou shall not kill has traditionally meant murder as there are plenty of passages supporting killing in self defense. What Im talking about is if a group of self proclaimed Christians went out and murdered people in cold blood specifically because they claimed no where in the Bible is murdering/killing condemned. Would your opinion be that they are still Christians who just have a different view of the Bible?

  8. #198
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,634

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    The one who sticks to what the Bible actually says?

    Just a guess.
    The Bible doesn't "actually say" anything about same sex marriages
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #199
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,016

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The Bible doesn't "actually say" anything about same sex marriages
    "marriages"?? No, it doesn't get that far....In the Bible to even consider "laying with another of the same sex" is an "abomination" according to the book in numerous places.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #200
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,634

    Re: Episcopalians Vote to Allow Gay Marriage in Churches

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    "marriages"?? No, it doesn't get that far....In the Bible to even consider "laying with another of the same sex" is an "abomination" according to the book in numerous places.
    marriage <> sex
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •