Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 378

Thread: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

  1. #321
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I'm not sure why a conservative would want to continue to defend a liberal president like GWB.
    Oh, by the way on the two most important issues, National Security and the Economy, Bush wasn't a liberal as tax cuts aren't liberal programs

  2. #322
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    How many more lost US lives do you think the public would have supported had that huge garrison remained ? That too would have represented electoral suicide for any president of whatever political hue given the ghost of Vietnam
    That doesn't answer the question, why don't you ask ISIS what they want to stop killing people and trying for world domination?

  3. #323
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    The Neocons/PNAC wanted to transform the Middle East by toppling/destabilizing regimes. The Obama Admin is aggressive with terrorist targets. You could argue that the policies overlap in certain areas, but there is a massive difference in their end goals.
    Supporting the MB in deference to Mubarak, abusing UN1973 in Libya to conduct regime change in Libya which has been HUGELY destabilizing, smuggling arms confiscated from Gaddafi's army out of the Benghazi annex to the AQ, MB, al Nusra infested opposition fighters in Syria (via Turkey) fighting to overthrow president Assad! Obama's policies have been hugely beneficial to the opportunistic Islamic extremists that formed in Iraq as the Islamic State in Iraq in 2006 and spread throughout the region due to Obama's policies. Wesley Clark presented a list of countries the Pentagon had plans for regime change in and there's been little difference in US Middle East policy in the past 15 years.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #324
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    37,183

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is nothing to defend, he has been out of office 7 years and reliving the reasons to go to war in Iraq are irrelevant today. The question is what to do about ISIS but far too many with BDS want to divert to Bush. Does it really matter what Bush did or didn't do?

    As for supporting Bush, tell me Bush vs. Gore, Bush vs. Kerry, who does a Conservative support
    Well, it matters what he did, as we're now dealing with the results. Moreover, it's better to learn from the mistakes of the past so as not to repeat them.

    Now, we have a few thousand truly evil people in the Middle East committing acts of savagery under the banner of ISIS. They are radicals who are not afraid to die for their cause, and who believe that their god will see to it that they succeed in their goal of world domination.

    So, what do we do?

    It is our problem to a degree, since we set the stage for the uprising and since we still rely on the region for oil. It seems to me that it is also the problem of a lot of other nations as well, including, of course, Egypt, the last one to have been attacked.

    So, do we go in alone, guns blazing, to free the world from evil and set things right? Remember the learning from the past thing.
    Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?



  5. #325
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,939

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That doesn't answer the question, why don't you ask ISIS what they want to stop killing people and trying for world domination?
    ISIS extremists carry the seeds of their own destruction just like all other extremists groups have in the past. We wouldn't have these symptoms to deal with if Bush hadn't created the problem in the first place

  6. #326
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    37,183

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Oh, by the way on the two most important issues, National Security and the Economy, Bush wasn't a liberal as tax cuts aren't liberal programs
    Then Obama must not be a liberal either, right?
    Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?



  7. #327
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Well, it matters what he did, as we're now dealing with the results. Moreover, it's better to learn from the mistakes of the past so as not to repeat them.

    Now, we have a few thousand truly evil people in the Middle East committing acts of savagery under the banner of ISIS. They are radicals who are not afraid to die for their cause, and who believe that their god will see to it that they succeed in their goal of world domination.

    So, what do we do?

    It is our problem to a degree, since we set the stage for the uprising and since we still rely on the region for oil. It seems to me that it is also the problem of a lot of other nations as well, including, of course, Egypt, the last one to have been attacked.

    So, do we go in alone, guns blazing, to free the world from evil and set things right? Remember the learning from the past thing.
    So you think it is a few thousand that took over territory in Iraq and Syria?

    Muslim Statistics (Terrorism) - WikiIslam

  8. #328
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    ISIS extremists carry the seeds of their own destruction just like all other extremists groups have in the past. We wouldn't have these symptoms to deal with if Bush hadn't created the problem in the first place
    That is your opinion but ignores the terrorist attacks in the 90's and in addition ignores the reality of 9/11 and the warning the U.S. got in the 1998 PDB given to Clinton

  9. #329
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Oh come on now. This conflict had very little to do with oil but everything to do with power ..... in Washington DC
    Well, when you say "this conflict", if you refer only to Iraq, you miss the point. Did you visit the link and read all of the senators comments? Our interest in the Middle East for YEARS has been the uninterrupted, free flow of oil to the world, which interrupted would mean huge financial instability globally. Beginning with the CIA's sabotage of the Iranian government in 1953, to protect British oil interests which were threatened to be nationalized, making Iranians the beneficiaries instead, to the desired regime change in Syria, oil is a center piece.

    United States foreign policy in the Middle East has its roots as early as the Barbary Wars in the first years of the U.S.'s existence, but became much more expansive after World War II. American policy during the Cold War tried to prevent Soviet Union influence by supporting anti-communist regimes and backing Israel against Soviet-sponsored Arab countries. The U.S. also came to replace the United Kingdom as the main security patron of the Persian Gulf states in the 1960s and 1970s, working to ensure Western access to Gulf oil.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit...he_Middle_East
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #330
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Then Obama must not be a liberal either, right?
    Really? how much of a tax cut did you get from Obama and is Iraq in the same or better shape than when Bush left office?

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •