Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 378

Thread: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

  1. #181
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    37,183

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sure does, thank him for his service.

    We fought the war because the world said Saddam Hussein had WMD and we know he has used them in the past. It really is too bad that people like you will never get it nor will you ever accept the fact that you could be wrong on any issue. You got your wish, we are out of Iraq and the world is safer, isn't it?? Not sure if you get the news in England but the reality is all of Iraq was under Iraqi control when Bush left office, Obama claimed we left a stable and independent Iraq, and ISIS was in control of nothing. Fast forward and the Middle East is exploding with ISIS. Thanks liberals and people like you for allowing this to happen and looking for a PC War. Your son was put into harm's way because of liberalism and the failure to fight the war to win. The cause was just and principled. Millions and millions of Muslims have been freed by Allied Troops but fighting a PC war lost the peace.
    Iraq was under Iraqi control when Bush was elected as well. It was under Iraqi control when the decision to invade was made.

    And Flogger is British, in case you hadn't noticed, and thinks that the argument between the US political parties is silly. He's right, of course.
    Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?



  2. #182
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,939

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We fought the war because the world said Saddam Hussein had WMD and we know he has used them in the past.
    And as Rice and Powell made quite clear in that video they knew he had not rebuilt his capabilities post GW1

    It really is too bad that people like you will never get it nor will you ever accept the fact that you could be wrong on any issue.
    If I were wrong they would have found those WMDs. They used them as a pretext for conflict despite knowing he did not have them

    You got your wish, we are out of Iraq and the world is safer, isn't it?? Not sure if you get the news in England but the reality is all of Iraq was under Iraqi control when Bush left office, Obama claimed we left a stable and independent Iraq, and ISIS was in control of nothing.
    This has nothing whatsoever to do with Obama. Bush was warned before the conflict that this was the likely aftermath in the power vacuum that would exist after Hussein but he still went in anyway

    Fast forward and the Middle East is exploding with ISIS. Thanks liberals and people like you for allowing this to happen and looking for a PC War.
    Heads up I'm no liberal of any kind so go smear someone else

    Your son was put into harm's way because of liberalism and the failure to fight the war to win. The cause was just and principled. Millions and millions of Muslims have been freed by Allied Troops but fighting a PC war lost the peace.
    No we were fighting a war that should never have been fought in the first place and now we'll be fighting it for decades thanks to Bush's stupidity

  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Iraq was under Iraqi control when Bush was elected as well. It was under Iraqi control when the decision to invade was made.

    And Flogger is British, in case you hadn't noticed, and thinks that the argument between the US political parties is silly. He's right, of course.
    Yes, the decision was made to invade and it was bipartisan, arguing about it now is a waste of time and diverts from the problems we face now. Yes, I know flogger is British but he has the same opinions as many Americans, the war was wrong. Ok, so that opinion is shared by many but that doesn't address the problems today.

  4. #184
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    And as Rice and Powell made quite clear in that video they knew he had not rebuilt his capabilities post GW1



    If I were wrong they would have found those WMDs. They used them as a pretext for conflict despite knowing he did not have them



    This has nothing whatsoever to do with Obama. Bush was warned before the conflict that this was the likely aftermath in the power vacuum that would exist after Hussein but he still went in anyway



    Heads up I'm no liberal of any kind so go smear someone else



    No we were fighting a war that should never have been fought in the first place and now we'll be fighting it for decades thanks to Bush's stupidity
    A lot of opinions but even the UN sanctioned the war in Resolution 1441 but again what does all this matter now? It may make you feel good to keep arguing your points but it serves no purpose other than to divert from the problem we have NOW. Amazing isn't it, it is always Bush's stupidity, not the stupidity of the Congress that authorized it starting with Gulf War 1, the violations of that war's end cease fire, and the Iraq Liberation Act signed by Clinton. Rehashing this issue over and over again is a waste of time because your argument is moot today.

  5. #185
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,939

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A lot of opinions but even the UN sanctioned the war in Resolution 1441 but again what does all this matter now?
    No hostilities were not sanctioned by UN1441 and it matters because you are trying to blame others for Bush's stupidity

    It may make you feel good to keep arguing your points but it serves no purpose other than to divert from the problem we have NOW. Amazing isn't it, it is always Bush's stupidity, not the stupidity of the Congress that authorized it starting with Gulf War 1, the violations of that war's end cease fire, and the Iraq Liberation Act signed by Clinton. Rehashing this issue over and over again is a waste of time because your argument is moot today.
    Instead of defending such stupidity perhaps it might be a start to acknowledge it rather than blaming others for its consequences. Bush has to be the dumbest president you guys have had in my 54 years. Surely this cannot be the brightest and best your nation has to choose from
    Last edited by flogger; 07-02-15 at 12:41 PM.

  6. #186
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    37,183

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, the decision was made to invade and it was bipartisan, arguing about it now is a waste of time and diverts from the problems we face now. Yes, I know flogger is British but he has the same opinions as many Americans, the war was wrong. Ok, so that opinion is shared by many but that doesn't address the problems today.
    Agreed. The opinion that having invaded Iraq is a popular opinion today. Around 2003, 2004, it was much less popular. The country had been attacked, after all, and so the CIC had to do something. He did something, and many people from both sides of the aisle supported it.

    And, now we're seeing the results of this bipartisan decision that we now agree was the wrong thing to do. So, now what? Is the proper course to go in and try to eradicate ISIS? Is it to sit back and let the chips fall where they may? Is an ISIS attack on Egypt simply Egypt's problem to take care of?

    Remember, ISIS wants to engage the US. IMO, that's why they're carrying out high profile, disgusting, and heinous crimes. Every time they behead a child or burn someone to death, popular opinion in this country turns toward war. They want war. ISIS wants to have the prophesied war to take place so that the great caliphate can be established and they, or people who share their ideology, can be in charge of the world.

    Personally, I don't think there is a good solution to ISIS.
    Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?



  7. #187
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints | Fox News

    This is evil people, what is Obama and this Administration doing about it??
    Was that 50 US soldiers that were killed?? Or do you think that Obama is the president of Egypt?
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #188
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Was that 50 US soldiers that were killed?? Or do you think that Obama is the president of Egypt?
    You obviously don't understand that ISIS is a worldwide problem, not just Egypt? The purpose of the thread was to show you how ISIS is expanding and growing so what do you propose we do about it?

  9. #189
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Agreed. The opinion that having invaded Iraq is a popular opinion today. Around 2003, 2004, it was much less popular. The country had been attacked, after all, and so the CIC had to do something. He did something, and many people from both sides of the aisle supported it.

    And, now we're seeing the results of this bipartisan decision that we now agree was the wrong thing to do. So, now what? Is the proper course to go in and try to eradicate ISIS? Is it to sit back and let the chips fall where they may? Is an ISIS attack on Egypt simply Egypt's problem to take care of?

    Remember, ISIS wants to engage the US. IMO, that's why they're carrying out high profile, disgusting, and heinous crimes. Every time they behead a child or burn someone to death, popular opinion in this country turns toward war. They want war. ISIS wants to have the prophesied war to take place so that the great caliphate can be established and they, or people who share their ideology, can be in charge of the world.

    Personally, I don't think there is a good solution to ISIS.
    I agree, in this PC Country we have today where feelings are more important than actual results, there are no easy solutions and maybe no solution at all. Mine is to wipe them off the face of the earth including those who support that perverted ideology. Are civilians going to get killed, yep, so be it, they seem to be allowing it to happen. Not all Muslims are radical and I think we can put together a good coalition to do what is necessary to eradicate ISIS but I don't think Obama has the leadership skills to do that. He has always shown he doesn't have the temperament or the personality traits to work with anyone on any issue. With Obama it is his way or the highway, the same traits liberals claimed Bush had but now are accepted.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: 50 soldiers killed in ISIS attack on Egyptian Army's Sinai checkpoints

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    No hostilities were not sanctioned by UN1441 and it matters because you are trying to blame others for Bush's stupidity



    Instead of defending such stupidity perhaps it might be a start to acknowledge it rather than blaming others for its consequences. Bush has to be the dumbest president you guys have had in my 54 years. Surely this cannot be the brightest and best your nation has to choose from
    acknowledging what you want serves exactly what purpose? I find it absolutely stunning how someone from England can call anyone in this country stupid. Honest to God the United States greatest ally supported Bush and his actions so if Bush is so dumb and stupid what does that make England's leadership? Tony Blair was on board. Hindsight is always 20-20 to the PC world most of whom have no understanding of leadership. You are someone who always wants to fight a PC war so before I call anyone else stupid you better look at actual results.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •