Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 258

Thread: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

  1. #241
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    No, unions are dying because they are seen as less valuable. Public opinion of approval of their existence does not refute that.

    Include anything you want me to address. I usually clear out emoticon usage and may have missed your specific questions because of that.

  2. #242
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,296
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    C'mon now... At least quote me if you are going to respond to me...

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    No, unions are dying because they are seen as less valuable. Public opinion of approval of their existence does not refute that.
    Ummm.... 50+% said they view them favorably..... And various other polling questions refute this as well....


    Include anything you want me to address. I usually clear out emoticon usage and may have missed your specific questions because of that.
    Uhhh ok...
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,295

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    But they dont.... Union dues do not go to lobbying efforts. Her complaint is about that she believes that collective bargaining is a violation of her first amendment rights.


    Union dues do not pay for lobbying efforts, campaign efforts, etc.
    you would be wrong. the largest teachers union spent 22m dollars in political campaigns.
    please tell me where they got the money from is not from their members.

    in fact they do spend it on political campaigns. if they didn't then the judge would have thrown the case out 2 times.
    they haven't in fact the court system has upheld the ruling.

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,295

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    C'mon now... At least quote me if you are going to respond to me...


    Ummm.... 50+% said they view them favorably..... And various other polling questions refute this as well....



    Uhhh ok...
    yet only <17% of the work force belong to one.

  5. #245
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,296
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    you would be wrong. the largest teachers union spent 22m dollars in political campaigns.
    please tell me where they got the money from is not from their members.

    in fact they do spend it on political campaigns. if they didn't then the judge would have thrown the case out 2 times.
    they haven't in fact the court system has upheld the ruling.
    Donations. Union dues cannot go directly to PAC accounts, campaigns, lobbying, etc. They get the money from voluntary donations from their members. Unions have voluntary donations all the time. AKA: C.O.P.E.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  6. #246
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,296
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    yet only <17% of the work force belong to one.
    Yea. And your point?
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,295

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Donations. Union dues cannot go directly to PAC accounts, campaigns, lobbying, etc. They get the money from voluntary donations from their members. Unions have voluntary donations all the time. AKA: C.O.P.E.
    Please see the beck case which showed again that this is not true that they do use funds to do so.
    in fact the beck case blew the lid off of it.

    The fact is that the judge ruled that it was unconstitutional for the union to force members to pay for political activities.
    so evidently again you are wrong.

    why you double down on this is what I don't understand. if the union wasn't using member dues for political activities then the judge would have dismissed the case.
    so they evidently are using union member money for political activities even though the money is supposed to go for union contracts.

    maybe the union should have spent that 22m+ dollars on the people they are supposed to represent instead of giving it to politicians.

  8. #248
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,295

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yea. And your point?
    the poll seems to be out of touch with reality.

  9. #249
    Gradualist
    TheDemSocialist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,296
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Please see the beck case which showed again that this is not true that they do use funds to do so.
    And what happened after that case..... What was the decision? What was the legal outcome? Oh yea... It was that Unions cannot use dues money for political efforts. Can only use dues money for collective bargning......

    in fact the beck case blew the lid off of it.
    And that decision stopped union dues from being used for political efforts.

    The fact is that the judge ruled that it was unconstitutional for the union to force members to pay for political activities.
    so evidently again you are wrong.
    Uhhh... How am I wrong? I stated the whole time that union dues dont go to political activities. THat is true, part of the reason being this supreme court case you just referenced too...

    why you double down on this is what I don't understand.
    What are you talking about?

    if the union wasn't using member dues for political activities then the judge would have dismissed the case.
    I know. But this is not what THIS supreme court case will be about...
    It will be about dues, non right to work, and collective bargaining...

    so they evidently are using union member money for political activities even though the money is supposed to go for union contracts.
    Not anymore.

    maybe the union should have spent that 22m+ dollars on the people they are supposed to represent instead of giving it to politicians.
    Literally read the article in the OP. ITS ABOUT COLLECTIVE BARGANNING.
    Just a democratic-socialist in the heartland of America.CHECK OUT MY TUMBLR(BLOG)HERE "Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

  10. #250
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,423

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the poll seems to be out of touch with reality.
    being out of touch with reality is someone who refuses to accept legitimate poll results as indicative of a population's belief relative to the question being asked
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •