Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 258

Thread: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

  1. #131
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,423

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Same with union folks that work in my area - I put in a ticket to stretch about 1,800 feet of dual mode fiber between two buildings. I call a week later asking how things are going and a former employee (retired but now a contractor) says the ticket is still open because the tech is too busy playing online cards - my ticket was one of three open. He was paid to actually play cards, did very little work and was fully backed by the IBEW, since he has up to 2 weeks to address new tickets due to his "work load".

    At peronal risk to my job and the retired contractor, we stretched the fiber ourselves, labeled and connected after 6 pm and the ticket was cancelled. No questions were ever asked.
    speaks to management incompetence
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  2. #132
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    with more than 5000 work sites in the USA, you think not one of them wants to unionize, and there is no effort put into denying unionization?
    Without government enforced unionization, unions would only be in very small sectors with highly skilled workers. Stamping sheet metal and teaching kids to finger paint is not highly skilled in anyway. The overwhelming vast majority of union members are in monkeys can be trained to do this jobs.

  3. #133
    Sage
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,242

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because getting some politicians to do your bidding when you throw a bunch of money their way is hard.
    give me a break, union contributions are nothing compared to big business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  4. #134
    Sage
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,242

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Nope, just a law enforcing it.
    well yeah a central focus of law is to regulate and enforce agreements...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #135
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,181
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    speaks to management incompetence
    Management can't do a thing - the employee files a grievance, the union backs their laziness ... the amount of documentation and evidence to win at a grievance is fairly high and when a manager has a real need of these guys to work, they suddenly develop a vague sickness or require mental evaluation with a psychologist and go on light duty required by a union physician. Even if you get them out - guess who takes their place? Someone just like the one who just left... Good management decides to bypass the unions and go with contractors.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #136
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    well yeah a central focus of law is to regulate and enforce agreements...
    No agreement, just a law forcing payment.

  7. #137
    Sage
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,242

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Without government enforced unionization, unions would only be in very small sectors with highly skilled workers. Stamping sheet metal and teaching kids to finger paint is not highly skilled in anyway. The overwhelming vast majority of union members are in monkeys can be trained to do this jobs.
    LOL monkeys cannot fit pipe, or run telephone lines, or maintain railroad locomotives, or port cranes, or virtually any of the many professions represented. if unions demanded more money then they were worth you'd think they'd have tried monkeys long ago..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  8. #138
    Sage
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    6,242

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Management can't do a thing - the employee files a grievance, the union backs their laziness ... the amount of documentation and evidence to win at a grievance is fairly high and when a manager has a real need of these guys to work, they suddenly develop a vague sickness or require mental evaluation with a psychologist and go on light duty required by a union physician. Even if you get them out - guess who takes their place? Someone just like the one who just left... Good management decides to bypass the unions and go with contractors.
    I think you've managed to use every stereotype not back up by evidence in one post, congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    52,535

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    give me a break, union contributions are nothing compared to big business.
    Your point? Do you think I'm wrong that unions forced their way onto the contract?

  10. #140
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court to Weigh Dispute Over Union Fees

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    LOL monkeys cannot fit pipe, or run telephone lines, or maintain railroad locomotives, or port cranes, or virtually any of the many professions represented. if unions demanded more money then they were worth you'd think they'd have tried monkeys long ago..
    Sure they can, they do it everyday.

    They cannot try monkeys because unions are propped up by state forced unionization.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •