Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 326

Thread: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,445

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    LMAO jasper don't you and Abe Simpson have something better to do?
    Well, I've cited plenty of evidence about how the Rebel flag was used in the 1950s and 1960s. You disregard it so I figured there must be some reason you dismiss photographs of the era available with a 2 second Google image search and substitute your own, backed by nothing.

  2. #212
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's not a cite to any evidence. You're asking us to take your word for a view of history that is contrary to all the history I've read on the subject. Links to nowhere do not constitute proof of anything except, in this case, that there is a group called the United Daughters of the Confederacy and they have a website.
    How insanely dense can one person be??????????????? SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have told you I do not know how many times now that YES I belong to the UDC and YES their magazine has more Southern history in it than any freaking book, unless it is a biography of a notable Confederate maybe.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  3. #213
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Well, I've cited plenty of evidence about how the Rebel flag was used in the 1950s and 1960s. You disregard it so I figured there must be some reason you dismiss photographs of the era available with a 2 second Google image search and substitute your own, backed by nothing.
    insanity strikes again with the revisionist deniers. UGH!!!!!
    Life is short, ride a horse

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,445

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    I've only told you a gazillion times not everyone was lucky enough to hear what really happened straight from the horse's mouth. That's why more of our veterans' stories (from all wars) should be listened to and treasured.
    I'll quit after this, but there isn't a more unreliable form of historical evidence than stories passed down through oral histories over the ages. And even if we were to consider this evidence, we'd require a name, how he or she came about this evidence, what role did they play, were they first hand accounts of that history, is there any corroborating evidence of any kind, is their contradictory evidence and how are the conflicts resolved, etc.

    "My grandaddy says the KKK was a bunch of good old boys just protectin the women and children" would get an F- in any history class worth the name.

  5. #215
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,445

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    How insanely dense can one person be??????????????? SHEESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have told you I do not know how many times now that YES I belong to the UDC and YES their magazine has more Southern history in it than any freaking book, unless it is a biography of a notable Confederate maybe.
    Cite it. Article, author, title, year published, link to where an interested reader can obtain a copy of this history.

  6. #216
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I'll quit after this, but there isn't a more unreliable form of historical evidence than stories passed down through oral histories over the ages. And even if we were to consider this evidence, we'd require a name, how he or she came about this evidence, what role did they play, were they first hand accounts of that history, is there any corroborating evidence of any kind, is their contradictory evidence and how are the conflicts resolved, etc.

    "My grandaddy says the KKK was a bunch of good old boys just protectin the women and children" would get an F- in any history class worth the name.
    You remind me of my 3rd grade teacher. Needless to say my granddaddy came to the rescue and taught her a thing or two. Same when we went to Gettysburg and granddaddy started telling me all of what his veteran friends had told him. Even the tour guide shut up. In other words granddaddy played tour guide that day.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  7. #217
    Educator HorseLoverGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Lexington North Carolina
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 06:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Cite it. Article, author, title, year published, link to where an interested reader can obtain a copy of this history.
    You have to be a member of the UDC to get this magazine. You're not a woman. Solves that problem. You could join the SCV if you have proper genealogical documentation.
    Life is short, ride a horse

  8. #218
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    40,991

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    KKK plans Confederate flag rally outside South Carolina statehouse - The Washington Post

    The KKK plans a rally for 7/18 outside the SC statehouse, to protest removal of the flag from the capitol.

    Well, I guess that makes it pretty clear what the Confederate Flag represents, if there was any doubt before.



    SC to KKK: "We understand that you think you're trying to help, but please.... Don't."


    /thread

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #219
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I have no idea, since it wasn't SC officials saying this, it was the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (also known as the FBI).
    ooohhh..... I've heard of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  10. #220
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Yeah, OK. But I've had plenty of schooling, and one of many things I learned is when you make an assertion, you're obligated to support it with a citation to a source or other objective evidence so that a neutral reader can evaluate your assertion and the evidence for it. So far all you've done is make baseless assertions. I'll take your "history" of the Civil War and the South including the KKK seriously when you can offer the first shred of evidence to back up your positions.
    But.... but.... granddaddy!

    She reminds me of Adam Sandler on The Waterboy, talking about what his "mama said" about the alligator and his medulla oblongata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •