Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 326

Thread: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

  1. #151
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-01-16 @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Amazing, you "progressives" are quite a unique bunch of fascists. Never change.
    Amazing your seemingly psychic ability to know who someone without a single exchange and your consistency in lumping people together under single narrow definition so that you find easier to process
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #152
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Amazing your seemingly psychic ability to know who someone without a single exchange and your consistency in lumping people together under single narrow definition so that you find easier to process
    I am relying on your posts regarding censorship and your self-appointed political classification.

  3. #153
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-01-16 @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    I am relying on your posts regarding censorship and your self-appointed political classification.
    So you are admitting to making judgments about me as a person based on my political affiliation
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #154
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    So you are admitting to making judgments about me as a person based on my political affiliation
    Your posts. I have to believe that you are a progressive, since that is what you claim.

  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Like I mentioned earlier I gave away most of my UDC magazines to a horse trainer friend of mine whose wife is a direct descendant of General Lee. Therefore I cannot recall specific monthly issues but overall information
    OK, but then you have to realize what you're doing is reciting your memory of articles we can't read, from a southern confederate group with a clear incentive to cast the South and the Confederacy in the most favorable light possible. Sorry but that isn't evidence of any kind except that someone wrote an article and you are telling us what you say you remember of it. Especially since your version of history is so thoroughly contradicted by a variety of easily located sources.

    For example, maybe the "original" KKK was formed as a group to protect the South. But what every historical account I've read indicates is they quickly, as in almost immediately, devolved into what historians refer to as a "terrorist" group, murdering, beating, intimidating blacks and republicans to install democrats friendly to a continued regime of white supremacy over freed blacks. And the fact is the South remained a U.S. version of apartheid regime for the next 100 years.

    So when you talk about the "nobility" of the South pre and post Civil War, the rest of us look at what happened to blacks in those eras, plural, and how it took the Feds to end that era with legislation and the threat of using the National Guard in some cases.....

  6. #156
    Actually I am.

    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,388

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Wow ...you.....are....awesomely entertaining
    I know, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug
    Asking Sarah Palin to head up the Department of Education is like asking Hitler to head up a human rights advocacy group.

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    It's a free speech issue and nothing more. We have overcome a lot in this country and should be proud of what we have accomplished. These symbols of our past serve, in some respects, to remind us of where we have been and that we need not go there again.
    How does flying a flag the state rose over the capital, to protest the end of Jim Crow, over a memorial for dead white soldiers, remind anyone of Jim Crow and slavery? It doesn't which is why the admitted racists in the KKK want that flag kept right where it is.

    And it's not a free speech issue at all. It's an issue of respect, and common courtesy, to SC's black residents and others. It's no more a "free speech" issue than societal conventions against you wearing your swastika tie to your next meeting with a Jewish client. You CAN do that, but you wouldn't dream of it if you respected them, no matter how many of your family served and died fighting in WWII for Germany.

  8. #158
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    11-19-16 @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,370

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    The ATF and the FBI said today that the church fires have nothing to do with racism. So, unless you have evidence to the contrary, the answer to that part of your question is yes. As for the sale of the flag, yes, that too is inconsequential. It is becoming a collectors item since it is being banned so people are buying it while it is available.

    However, if you are so concerned about it, what evidence do you have that the KKK or another hate group has anything to do with either one?
    Do you have a link to show the burnings were definitely not race related? All I'm seeing on the news is one MAY have been a lightning strike, and another MAY have been started by a black man that resented women being pastors but none are conclusive yet.

    But if that has changed feel free to provide a reliable source.

    As far as sales of the rebel flag, I have no doubt part of what you say is true regarding collectors, but once again you have no proof that all sales are to collectors.

  9. #159
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,942

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Do you have a link to show the burnings were definitely not race related? All I'm seeing on the news is one MAY have been a lightning strike, and another MAY have been started by a black man that resented women being pastors but none are conclusive yet.

    But if that has changed feel free to provide a reliable source.

    As far as sales of the rebel flag, I have no doubt part of what you say is true regarding collectors, but once again you have no proof that all sales are to collectors.
    The New York Times - that bastion of liberalism... No Evidence of Hate Crimes in Fires at Black Churches


    No Evidence of Hate Crimes in Fires at Black Churches
    By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑA and ALAN BLINDER
    JUNE 29, 2015

    After a deadly racist attack in South Carolina and heated debates about Confederate symbols, a string of fires at black churches in the South has put congregations on edge. But officials say they have found no evidence that the blazes were hate crimes.

    ...
    MSNBC and a few other far left "news" outlets are hyping it as if there is no other reason that it could possibly be, than a bunch of racist white folks burning black churches.

  10. #160
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: KKK Plans Confederate Flag Rally at SC Capitol

    Quote Originally Posted by HorseLoverGirl View Post
    Lemme guess you dismiss history passed down from those who were there? WOW, just wow.
    But you dismiss the words straight from the mouths of those who were there. WOW is right.

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •