Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 635

Thread: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

  1. #571
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Yes, well that's what a massive recession like Bush's Great Republican Recession will do to an economy and the refusal of republicans to now raise taxes on the people who created that recession (and who are already richer than ever before) to repair the damage they caused. The republicans have succeeded in putting us on the path to being a third world country. SUCCESS!!! tea bagger version.
    Yep, you are right, Bush destroyed the economy all by himself under the nose of the Democrat Congress. Where do you get this kind of crap? I can see this has to be an act for no one could really be this dense.

  2. #572
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The BIG PICTURE IS THE BAD EXAMPLE AND PRECEDENCE HE SET FOR RUNAWAY DEBT!!!!!!!!! Thanks to his incompetence, we'll likely never see it below a trillion again.
    That is your opinion, I am done with this argument as you are incapable of understanding what a peace dividend did to future defense spending and what the 17 million jobs and double the GDP did to allow for lower Federal spending as well.

  3. #573
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion, I am done with this argument as you are incapable of understanding what a peace dividend did to future defense spending and what the 17 million jobs and double the GDP did to allow for lower Federal spending as well.
    You've been corrected on both of those multiple times, you're wrong! And not only that, you think that your god damn PD was worth setting a trend of runaway national debt. You're wrong about that, too!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #574
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Glen Contrarian;1064798215]And at the same time you refuse to realize that America's population is changing and growing older (and our birth rate is not high enough to replace those who are growing older), and the baby boomers such as myself are leaving the workplace and retiring. Not only that, but thanks to the Affordable Care Act, there's many who were ready to retire but had to work in order to have health insurance, but are now able to retire.
    Do you realize that retired people aren't part of the labor force? So what you are saying is that in a population of 312 Million where there are 50 million uninsured we need a massive Central govt. run entitlement program rather that making improvements to the existing healthcare program? Can you explain to me why Obama lost the House in 2010, didn't regain it in 2012, and lost the Congress in 2014. Guess there aren't as many selfish liberals looking out for themselves and asking other people to pay their subsidies as the liberal elites thought. Ever try to ask your neighbor to help you with your healthcare expenses rather than have a federal bureaucrat take money from a faceless taxpayer?

    And it's not just here in America - it's happening in most of the first-world democracies, especially in Japan. It's not a matter of fewer people having jobs - it's a matter of demographics, of there being fewer people who want to work or who must work.
    What you fail to recognize is incentive but you are right there are fewer people who want to work but would rather live off the spoils of others.

    And when it comes to taxes, remember when Bush 41 said, "Read my lips, no new taxes"? After Bush 41 raised taxes, he lost the next election to Clinton...but the economy was already improving thanks to him raising taxes...and Clinton raised the top marginal rate even further. In other words, Bush had already done what was necessary to get the economy back on track and deserves more credit than Clinton for the mid-90's boom.
    Yes, I remember that, GHW Bush lost because of that claim and Clinton lost the entire Congress because of what he did. The Republican Congress implemented the Tax Reduction Act of 1997 which most liberals want to ignore

  5. #575
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You've been corrected on both of those multiple times, you're wrong! And not only that, you think that your god damn PD was worth setting a trend of runaway national debt. You're wrong about that, too!
    Look maybe you simply aren't smart enough to see the big picture and what the Reagan investment(Spending) created. Please seek some help for your debt derangement syndrome problem you have. Debt that is 50% of GDP and leaving a peace dividend isn't nearly the same as debt today over 100% of GDP.

    Your so called corrections are out of context and mostly personal opinion or the opinion of others. With your type attitude there would never be any investment in hopes of getting a greater gain.
    Last edited by Conservative; 07-07-15 at 04:51 PM.

  6. #576
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look maybe you simply aren't smart enough to see the big picture and what the Reagan investment(Spending) created. Please seek some help for your debt derangement syndrome problem you have. Debt that is 50% of GDP and leaving a peace dividend isn't nearly the same as debt today over 100% of GDP.

    Your so called corrections are out of context and mostly personal opinion or the opinion of others. With your type attitude there would never be any investment in hopes of getting a greater gain.
    You don't know what my education or IQ is. Stop slurping up reaganomics.

    While conservatives today celebrate Ronald Reagan's 100th birthday as a moment to recall the achievements of Reagan's presidency, one part of the Reagan myth, that he was a fiscal conservative who helped show the USA the road to prosperity through a leaner government, isn't supported by the facts.

    Instead, history shows that Ronald Reagan reversed a long trend of reducing the national debt as a percentage of GDP, which had been lowered by every previous president (except Gerald Ford) since the end of World War II.

    Ronald Reagan began US government deficit-spending addiction - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com


    THE NATIONS ADDICTED BECAUSE WE BROUGHT IN AN ACTOR THAT COULD READ A SCRIPT, BUT DIDNT KNOW ECONOMICS FOR ****.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #577
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    11-30-16 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,748

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The BIG PICTURE IS THE BAD EXAMPLE AND PRECEDENCE HE SET FOR RUNAWAY DEBT!!!!!!!!! Thanks to his incompetence, we'll likely never see it below a trillion again.
    Actually, when Clinton handed the keys to the White House over to Bush, we were on track to pay off the ENTIRE federal debt by 2012.

    But crap happened - Bush slashed taxes and fantasized that taking in fewer taxes somehow increases revenue (which is what his dad referred to as "Voodoo economics" for good reason). And then Bush took us into two wars, the first wars we ever fought that were unfunded by an increase in taxes, and we were spending over $12B per MONTH in taxpayer dollars to support operations over there.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #578
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Actually, when Clinton handed the keys to the White House over to Bush, we were on track to pay off the ENTIRE federal debt by 2012.

    But crap happened - Bush slashed taxes and fantasized that taking in fewer taxes somehow increases revenue (which is what his dad referred to as "Voodoo economics" for good reason). And then Bush took us into two wars, the first wars we ever fought that were unfunded by an increase in taxes, and we were spending over $12B per MONTH in taxpayer dollars to support operations over there.
    He did good, comparatively, I'll grant him that easily. He still added to the national debt twice as much as what existed when Carter handed it off to Reagan. In case you haven't seen it, it took 39 presidents, 200 years to accumulate 900 billion in national debt. Until Reagan, we were a creditor nation, we're now a very irresponsible debtor nation.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #579
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You don't know what my education or IQ is. Stop slurping up reaganomics.

    While conservatives today celebrate Ronald Reagan's 100th birthday as a moment to recall the achievements of Reagan's presidency, one part of the Reagan myth, that he was a fiscal conservative who helped show the USA the road to prosperity through a leaner government, isn't supported by the facts.

    Instead, history shows that Ronald Reagan reversed a long trend of reducing the national debt as a percentage of GDP, which had been lowered by every previous president (except Gerald Ford) since the end of World War II.

    Ronald Reagan began US government deficit-spending addiction - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com


    THE NATIONS ADDICTED BECAUSE WE BROUGHT IN AN ACTOR THAT COULD READ A SCRIPT, BUT DIDNT KNOW ECONOMICS FOR ****.
    Only because people like you don't understand return on investment or even the peace dividend. Keep posting Op ed pieces from people like you who don't understand that if you destroy the Soviet Union you don't need a much defense spending and if you create 17 million jobs those are 17 million fewer people who need that so called govt. help thus less govt. spending.

    It is obvious that it is you that doesn't understand economics, Return on investment, or even personal behavior including your own. Why do you buy a house if not for an investment and to get a return on that investment? Why did Reagan spend so much on defense if not to create a return in the future thus a peace dividend.

    Maybe this will help you but probably not

    Articles: Who Spent the Peace Dividend?

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_dividend

  10. #580
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Actually, when Clinton handed the keys to the White House over to Bush, we were on track to pay off the ENTIRE federal debt by 2012.

    But crap happened - Bush slashed taxes and fantasized that taking in fewer taxes somehow increases revenue (which is what his dad referred to as "Voodoo economics" for good reason). And then Bush took us into two wars, the first wars we ever fought that were unfunded by an increase in taxes, and we were spending over $12B per MONTH in taxpayer dollars to support operations over there.
    I remember the cry after 9/11/2001 that "We will never forget" but apparently you have. 9/11 cost the U.S. over a trillion dollars according to the GAO which is one trillion of the Bush debt. Govt. revenue increased to a record level of 2.7 trillion dollars from 2.1 trillion dollars AFTER the entire Bush tax cuts were implemented. It does seem that liberals look at basic math and ignore economic activity. GDP grew from 10.2 trillion to 14.7 trillion during the Bush term so apparently liberals believe that higher taxes which take money from the economy would still have generated the 4.5 trillion increase in GDP. I don't and never will understand liberal logic. Tax more and people will spend the same? Interesting and wrong

Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •