Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 635

Thread: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

  1. #551
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    And your post is yet another example of conservative cognitive dissonance: if the data do not fit conservative dogma, the data must be false. Same thing goes for anthropomorphic global warming, gun violence, basic economics, education, and family values: if the liberals agree with the hard-and-fast numbers, then the numbers must somehow be wrong.

    *sigh*
    More opinions backed by nothing other than feelings. Show me the data which supports your claims. What I find disturbing are people like you who point specifically to numbers and ignore what generated those numbers, things such as poor leadership, economic policies, and competence like we are seeing with Obama. The 2007 to June 2009 recession was prolonged by a failed stimulus plan, poor leadership, and total Presidential and ideological incompetence leading to the worst recovery on record so people like you claim it was a Great Recession because of how bad it was perceived due to the lack of generating positive results. In the liberal world social results trump economic results and because Obama is a closet socialist that excites people like you

  2. #552
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Actually it was 13.6 million jobs and his tax cuts were as responsible for them as Clinton's tax increases were for the 19.6 million jobs that he created. There has never been any reliable evidence that tax cuts increase growth in the economy. There is plenty of data that shows they do reduce revenue though.

    U.S. Job Creation by President / Political Party truthful politics

    Here we go again, do you have a short attention span. Obama took office with 142 million people employed, implemented a stimulus plan that then showed 139 million working Americans two years later. He was elected to return us to the times before the recession which were 146 million employed, today that is 149 million so please show me the 13.6 million?

    It is very easy to take any point in time to generate the numbers you want but this President's numbers are a disaster for the amount of money spent and the debt created. Keep promoting failure

  3. #553
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    And your post is yet another example of conservative cognitive dissonance: if the data do not fit conservative dogma, the data must be false. Same thing goes for anthropomorphic global warming, gun violence, basic economics, education, and family values: if the liberals agree with the hard-and-fast numbers, then the numbers must somehow be wrong.

    *sigh*
    Please by all means, post data that refutes my posts?

  4. #554
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,293

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Here we go again, do you have a short attention span. Obama took office with 142 million people employed, implemented a stimulus plan that then showed 139 million working Americans two years later. He was elected to return us to the times before the recession which were 146 million employed, today that is 149 million so please show me the 13.6 million?

    It is very easy to take any point in time to generate the numbers you want but this President's numbers are a disaster for the amount of money spent and the debt created. Keep promoting failure
    You were saying that Reagan's tax cuts created 17 million jobs. I merely corrected your inflated number and pointed out that Clinton raised taxes and created more jobs. Obama took the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and turned it around in 2 years. He also has had the most sustained job growth in our history.

  5. #555
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please by all means, post data that refutes my posts?
    Like you, this thread is full of it.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #556
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You were saying that Reagan's tax cuts created 17 million jobs. I merely corrected your inflated number and pointed out that Clinton raised taxes and created more jobs. Obama took the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression and turned it around in 2 years. He also has had the most sustained job growth in our history.
    No, what you did was ignore BLS data as there were 99 million employed when Reagan took office and when he left it was 116 million. Then what you ignored is that Clinton had a Republican Congress that gave us business tax cuts in 1997 that actually created jobs. You have a very selective memory and I can beat you up all day with official data

    Yes, and in two years he took employment from 142 million to 139 million, thank you Obama
    Last edited by Conservative; 07-07-15 at 12:08 PM.

  7. #557
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Like you, this thread is full of it.
    Cannot admit when you are wrong, can you? Explain a peace dividend to us all?

  8. #558
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Cannot admit when you are wrong, can you? Explain a peace dividend to us all?
    Have you ever seen anybody on a political debate forum concede such a thing. You certainly haven't. The point however is that the actor destroyed our creditor nation status and set the example for every president that has followed to do likewise, borrow and spend. He set a terribly irresponsible precedence for every president that followed and we'll never be below a trillion in debt again. That is your heroes legacy.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #559
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, what do you expect when attacked?
    I expect that if we go to war we pay for it like we always have. It's not a liberal idea to pay for the wars. It's a responsible idea and conservatives (before Reagan came along and sold the rabble on the idea we could cut taxes, overspend and pay for everything at the same time) used to live by it. But these tea baggers seem to think we can get something for nothing. They're the biggest free-loaders this country has ever seen. They don't want government to touch their Medicare (which shows us how clueless they are) and they don't want to have to pay anything for it (which shows us how idiotic they are). Most three year olds are more responsible than these clowns.
    Last edited by digitusmedius; 07-07-15 at 02:57 PM.

  10. #560
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Who termed the term Great Recession? Interesting read that will be ignored by the Gruber Democrat

    http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/20...tymology/?_r=0
    Sidetracking again. You can run but you can't escape.

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •