Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 635

Thread: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

  1. #521
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Well that's strong rebuttal, Lol.
    Strong rebuttals are ignored. I gave you the Reagan successes and you ignored them because you are hung up on the debt number which was extremely low as a percentage of GDP, extremely beneficial to restoring America to a leadership position in the world, and making our economy strong and robust again. It was debt that was manageable and generated incredibly positive results.

  2. #522
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Strong rebuttals are ignored. I gave you the Reagan successes and you ignored them because you are hung up on the debt number which was extremely low as a percentage of GDP, extremely beneficial to restoring America to a leadership position in the world, and making our economy strong and robust again. It was debt that was manageable and generated incredibly positive results.
    Oh I didn't ignore it, I rejected it as false. He's the emperor of runaway US debt!! Period
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #523
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh I didn't ignore it, I rejected it as false. He's the emperor of runaway US debt!! Period
    Again, your opinion but you cannot explain how defeating the Soviet Union, winning the cold war, creating a peace dividend generated runaway spending in the future. Looks to me like the peace dividend gave future Presidents the opportunity to cut spending but no, future Presidents and Congresses catered to the will of the liberals and created larger and greater entitlement programs.

    Reagan showed leadership, generated GDP growth, job creation, and a peace dividend so that is hardly setting the standards for higher debt

  4. #524
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Again, your opinion but you cannot explain how defeating the Soviet Union, winning the cold war, creating a peace dividend generated runaway spending in the future. Looks to me like the peace dividend gave future Presidents the opportunity to cut spending but no, future Presidents and Congresses catered to the will of the liberals and created larger and greater entitlement programs.

    Reagan showed leadership, generated GDP growth, job creation, and a peace dividend so that is hardly setting the standards for higher debt
    That Reagan was the first president to operate our nation on debt is no opinion. And he set the stage for every president that followed to borrow massively as he did. A colossal failure. The architect of runaway debt!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #525
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That Reagan was the first president to operate our nation on debt is no opinion. And he set the stage for every president that followed to borrow massively as he did. A colossal failure. The architect of runaway debt!
    No, it is your opinion for other Presidents created significant debt but hid it well kicking the can down the road. It does appear you have no understanding of getting a return on investment which in this case is the debt created. Keep running from the peace dividend which is why you have no credibility.

  6. #526
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, it is your opinion for other Presidents created significant debt but hid it well kicking the can down the road. It does appear you have no understanding of getting a return on investment which in this case is the debt created. Keep running from the peace dividend which is why you have no credibility.
    Not one of the 39 presidents Prior to Reagan created anything near his debt. He destroyed our lender status, turned us into the irresponsible fiscal slob that we are today. That's not opinion.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #527
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Not one of the 39 presidents Prior to Reagan created anything near his debt. He destroyed our lender status, turned us into the irresponsible fiscal slob that we are today. That's not opinion.
    https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred...es/GFDEGDQ188S

  8. #528
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I keep reading posts of yours and others here many of whom talk about Public Debt as a percentage of GDP and how bad Reagan's performance was and although debt is made up of two items, public debt PLUS Inter-government holdings the percentage of debt to GDP is an interesting topic for discussion. Attached is a chart showing those numbers and what is quite telling is the Clinton public debt as a percentage of GDP is significantly higher than Reagan's and Obama's debt if off the charts. Makes me wonder why liberals believe what they are told and never research to verify the rhetoric.

    https://research.stlouisfed.org/fred...es/GFDEGDQ188S
    Ah, trying to switch the subject again. Uncharacteristically wise move on your part.

  9. #529
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Exactly, lol. Thanks for making my point. It was in decline until Reagan, and save but a brief period during the Clinton administration, it's been climbing ever since. The actor brought us the slave debt state.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  10. #530
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Ah, trying to switch the subject again. Uncharacteristically wise move on your part.
    Not at all, just showing the inconsistencies and inaccuracies of liberal rhetoric that ignores actual factual data and results. Keep running from reality. Wonder what it is about liberal indoctrination that creates people like you who ignore actual data and continue to think with your heart. Ever find that Clinton surplus reflected in actual Treasury data? Notice how Clinton's public debt to GDP ratio was higher than Reagan's? Notice where Obama's is?

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •