Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 635

Thread: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

  1. #391
    Guru
    digitusmedius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    12-05-16 @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,912

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As stated, I have posted the link to the debt by day, you ignored it and made up your own numbers. Now you post Kaiser numbers which really are meaningless. First 15% of the entitlement state of California creates more than a million more Californians uninsured but the real issue is you don't breakdown the numbers to see why they are so high. That is headline reading and is what people like you do. Name for me a successful Progressive country in the world today and define success? Yours seem to be on how much the people get FROM their govt. and not the opportunities to create personal wealth from that govt.
    To the wrong day, yes. The stats you used for CA uninsured are even more bogus. California has 9 million more people than TX so putting up a number doesn't give anything like a perspective of a problem. Turns out that 15% of the CA population is the same number of people as the 20% uninsured in TX--6 million. So, I've tripped up your little deceptions every time and you keep coming back for more humiliation. I really like this game. Let's keep playing. Your turn.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,243

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It appears that all the victories last week have boosted Obama's approval rating to 50% for the 1st time since 2013. I guess more of us are proud to be an American.
    And the importance of public approval rating is? Zero!

    Ratings change as the wind blows. One week they may be up, the next week down. Ratings have absolutely no value except to give pundits on either side of an issue (or in this case a public figure) something to talk about.

    I have never cared about a public approval ratings. In fact, the only approval rating that matters to me is my own, which depends on my assessment of an issue or person on a case by case basis developed over time .
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  3. #393
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Actual results based on false parameters. I won't call it lying-by-statistics because I'm sure you just regurgitate these false stats that you feed on from the rightwing pukefunnel.
    You are so right, Treasury data which is the bank account of the United States provides false data just like I am sure your bank provides you with false data. Thanks for pointing that out.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    To the wrong day, yes. The stats you used for CA uninsured are even more bogus. California has 9 million more people than TX so putting up a number doesn't give anything like a perspective of a problem. Turns out that 15% of the CA population is the same number of people as the 20% uninsured in TX--6 million. So, I've tripped up your little deceptions every time and you keep coming back for more humiliation. I really like this game. Let's keep playing. Your turn.
    The stats I use don't provide you with the answer you want but the reality is it doesn't matter how many but why? How many are eligible for Medicaid or other State programs. You want a federal mandate because you cannot compete and do not understand personal responsibility. You are a legend in your own mind and that is where it will stay

  5. #395
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    The idea that you think you've refuted anything is hilarious. All you've done is post one bogus set of stats after another, get called on it, and double down on the bogusness.
    Yep, Treasury data is wrong and obviously your opinions are right.

  6. #396
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    Great work but we can bring all the facts to these people and it will not even make a dent in their concrete encased brains.
    Yep, Treasury data is wrong as is basic civics. Bush was something else, not getting a spending plan approved, signing 4 of the 12 spending bills and created a 1.7 trillion dollar deficit according to you. That is liberal math and liberal logic.

  7. #397
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by digitusmedius View Post
    The idea that you think you've refuted anything is hilarious. All you've done is post one bogus set of stats after another, get called on it, and double down on the bogusness.
    The idea that you call Treasury data bogus is quite telling about just how little credibility you have. Like it or not that is what we pay debt service on so if you have a problem with Treasury give them a call and straighten them out.

  8. #398
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,293

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Adverse View Post
    And the importance of public approval rating is? Zero!

    Ratings change as the wind blows. One week they may be up, the next week down. Ratings have absolutely no value except to give pundits on either side of an issue (or in this case a public figure) something to talk about.

    I have never cared about a public approval ratings. In fact, the only approval rating that matters to me is my own, which depends on my assessment of an issue or person on a case by case basis developed over time .
    You sound too much like Dick Cheney for my taste. There is validity and a purpose to approval ratings. Especially in the partisan poisoned atmosphere we are in now.

  9. #399
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,293

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I find it quite telling that you go from thread to thread with the same support for Obama using the same charts that you don't understand Why so much passion for liberalism? Are you ever going to think with something other than your heart? You buy CBO numbers when they support your point of view and ignore them when they don't. Do you understand what CBO provides? Projections based upon assumptions. If the assumptions are wrong so are the projections. If they are given the assumption that tax cuts are an expense that is what they use. Most people understand that keeping more of what they earn isn't an expense to the govt. nor does it reduce revenue.

    Do you understand that a budget is a guideline, not a spending bill? Because you budget for an item do you have to spend it? Obama took office in January 2009. He had a Bush spending plan that WASN'T approved by Congress. Bush operated on continuing resolutions based upon 2008 numbers thus couldn't have created the deficit you blame him for. Nor did the tax cuts which generated economic activity cause those deficits? Seems that liberals believe that without the tax cuts economic activity would have been the same but cannot prove that nor justify that sentiment based upon the components of GDP.

    Then why is it you post data and run from the posts that refute it?
    I showed you the opinion of CATO. Why don't you take it up with them? Perhaps they will retract their post.

  10. #400
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I showed you the opinion of CATO. Why don't you take it up with them? Perhaps they will retract their post.

    Do you know what an opinion is? How about thinking for a change? There was no budget for 2009 because Congress failed to pass it. 2009 spending was limited to Continuing resolutions based upon 2008 spending and 2008 spending would never have created the deficit you blame on Bush. Bush was in office for only 4 months of fiscal year 2009 and would be responsible only for that deficit. Treasury data shows what the deficit was when Bush left office and I posted the link to that deficit which of course you ignored. You also ignored that 350 billion of the 2009 deficit was due to TARP, a loan which was repaid and you ignored what Obama did with that repayment.

    Now as for the revenue loss, you want to blame Bush but ignore Obama's Stimulus and its failure. Had Obama not created the stimulus I would agree with the revenue loss but his prediction and stimulus was supposed to create shovel ready jobs to keep unemployment from exceeding 8% and that would have prevented the lost revenue. You want to ignore that.

    Now I await for you to respond to the facts I just posted, not opinion, FACT.

Page 40 of 64 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •