Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 635

Thread: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

  1. #111
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That of course is your opinion and I could say the same thing about you regarding Obama. Still waiting to find out if BDS is covered under Obamacare? You continue to buy the leftwing rhetoric and divert from the leftwing results. Typical liberalism as results don't matter to people like you
    Its not just my opinion....your posts continue to back it up. On one had you claim that the only reason you voted for GWB was because he was the best of the possible evils. Yet you idolize the man almost as much as you idolize Gruber....and why? Certainly it isn't results....which you claim are the most important thing to you. In the history of your posts...you have failed to acknowledge responsibility for anything that GWB did. You want to blame everything on the Democrats, Clinton and Obama and give Bush credit for things that didn't occur on his watch and divert responsibility for things that did occur on his watch. I know your ilk. You hide behind your right-wing radio and find comfort hearing the lies and the rhetoric that support your mentality. That's where you find your comfort zone. Reality is a little too harsh for you. And even when people point out that your "statistics" don't support your claims, you continue to lie in the face of the facts.

  2. #112
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, Bush did say that and was stonewalled the entire way. Tell me you supported enhanced interrogation? Tell me that the enhanced interrogation didn't impact the capture and killing of Bin Laden? Tell me that Obama supported the techniques used to get that information? You buy the liberal rhetoric and ignore the background, why is that?

    Has the killing of Bin Laden made us safer? Has the peace been won in Iraq or Afghanistan? Name for me the Obama accomplishments that have made the economy stronger and the world safer?
    "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques"....LOL....you are such a sheep. You even adopt their talking points. Try "torture". GWB sold out the moral integrity of this country and lost the moral high ground. He destroyed our reputation and standing in the world among our allies. Oh....and there isn't a single shred of evidence that torture led to the capture and killing of Bin Laden. You might want to wish and hope that...but it isn't supported by the facts.

  3. #113
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,436

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It appears that all the victories last week have boosted Obama's approval rating to 50% for the 1st time since 2013. I guess more of us are proud to be an American.



    Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week - CNNPolitics.com
    Man. It is almost like he knew there was an election coming up.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    MrT;1064775995]And if private sector jobs had declined, would you blame Obama's "job killing policies" as you tried to do in the previous post? As for your claim that the unemployment is decreasing because people are just dropping from the labor force, let us be clear about who we are discussing. When you mention folks "dropping from the labor pool," are you also including those individuals who no longer wish to work at all (e.g. retiring)? Or can we limit that discussion to those individuals who dropped out temporarily, but wish to look for a job in the future?
    What is it going to take for you to realize what a fool liberals have made of you? You buy the rhetoric and ignore the reality. Please explain to me why if the economy is so good that Obama lost the Congress. you parrot the liberal talking points without doing any research and out of total ignorance of the U.S. economy and our private sector. People who have retired aren't counted as discouraged or under employed and therein lies why the unemployment rate is being lowered. How do you explain a labor force 7 years ago of 154 million and only a 3 million increase today almost 8 years later? Labor force grew over 10 million during the Bush 8 years

    Because if it is the later, you're wrong. I know this because that number gets tracked as the U6 unemployment rate. The unemployment rate which also counts individuals that are marginally attached (i.e. working part time, but would like to work more hours) and those who temporarily discouraged (i.e. wish to look again in the near future).
    The U-6 rate is 10.8% today after adding 7.6 trillion to the debt. The American electorate continues to vote for conservatives in state and local elections and to give Obama credit for the private sector employment gains ignores the under employed number created by Obama policies

    At the height of the recession, the U6 was at 17.1 in October-December of 2009, that rate currently sits at 10.8%.

    Yes, amazing isn't it, 842 billion in stimulus and the U6 rate is 10.8? That isn't leadership that is incompetence and total lack of leadership. When the stimulus was passed there were 142 million employed people and two years later that was 139 million. That seems to be very low expectations from a liberal.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques"....LOL....you are such a sheep. You even adopt their talking points. Try "torture". GWB sold out the moral integrity of this country and lost the moral high ground. He destroyed our reputation and standing in the world among our allies. Oh....and there isn't a single shred of evidence that torture led to the capture and killing of Bin Laden. You might want to wish and hope that...but it isn't supported by the facts.
    You are right, now use ACA to get treatment for BDS

    No single shred of evidence? Apparently the CIA disagrees with you and last I checked that CIA was under Obama leadership

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/did-enha...ama-bin-laden/
    Last edited by Conservative; 07-01-15 at 08:54 AM.

  6. #116
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,436

    Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    "Enhanced Interrogation Techniques"....LOL....you are such a sheep. You even adopt their talking points. Try "torture". GWB sold out the moral integrity of this country and lost the moral high ground. He destroyed our reputation and standing in the world among our allies. Oh....and there isn't a single shred of evidence that torture led to the capture and killing of Bin Laden. You might want to wish and hope that...but it isn't supported by the facts.
    Wait wait wait wait.

    GWB was responsible for our "moral downfall" with the whole torture thing? Have you like...NEVER read books on the Cold War? Try this one:

    This 127-page report, classified Secret, was drafted in July 1963 as a comprehensive guide for training interrogators in the art of obtaining intelligence from "resistant sources." KUBARK--a CIA codename for itself--describes the qualifications of a successful interroga
    http://www.whale.to/b/ciaass.html

    1963. Bush was 17. Yea sorry. You clearly don't understand how the intelligence community has worked since it began. Do you know what bush did wrong? PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY. Our assets got caught. The world of intelligence and counter intelligence is a dark and scary world. It is the matter of national interests, security, and the dark secrets. And I'm not just saying this to be sensational. Just read Sun Tzu and you will understand that it is nothing new.

    The only sheep is the one trying to cram morals into a business that has NONE, NEVER HAD ANY, and NEVER WILL. You think torture doesn't happen under Obama? Please.

    Edit add:

    EVERY Nation engages in this stuff. Things like catching people cheating on wives for blackmail, trapping homosexuals (back in the older times) for black mail, and outright murder. Extortion, drugs, framing, and whatever else you can think of to gain leverage. That is the world of national secrets. And the terrorist organizations reached a level that caused Americans intelligence to react to them. Oops.
    Last edited by blackjack50; 07-01-15 at 08:58 AM.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Fact or lie

    Obama inherited an employment number of 142 million, signed an 842 billion dollar stimulus, and had 139 million employed two years later??

    Fact or lie

    Obama inherited a 10.6 trillion dollar debt and has a debt today of 18.2 trillion??

    Fact or lie

    Obama signed the fiscal year 2009 budget?

    Fact or lie

    Obama had 1.3 million discouraged workers in December 2009 and those individuals aren't counted in the official unemployment rate?

    So much for the Obama approval rating which just goes to show supporters don't really care about results and support Obama based upon feelings and thinking with their heart.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,666

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Unemployment rate is currently at 5.5%
    The labor force participation rate is at 62.9%
    So, if the people aren't unemployed, and they aren't working, where did they go?
    They are....

    Retired
    In school
    On disability
    Yes, some are unemployed
    Taking care of someone full time (e.g. stay-at-home parent, or an adult child caring for a disabled person etc)

  9. #119
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,687

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    They are....

    • Retired
    • In school
    • On disability
    • Yes, some are unemployed
    • Taking care of someone full time (e.g. stay-at-home parent, or an adult child caring for a disabled person etc)
    Retired people are not counted in the labor force thus aren't included in the labor force participation rate

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,360

    Re: Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    It appears that all the victories last week have boosted Obama's approval rating to 50% for the 1st time since 2013. I guess more of us are proud to be an American.



    Obama's approval rating grows following memorable week - CNNPolitics.com
    This show the number of stupid people in the Obammy camp is growing. Be proud to follow is for little baby ducks, post revolutionary Russians and Chinese people.

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •