Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 562

Thread: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays[W:297]

  1. #341
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,359

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    So, you'd be perfectly fine with your 11 year old son getting buggered by some 50 year old man?
    That's great. I'm going to get a few 12 year old Asian girls imported to be my wives.
    Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

  2. #342
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,079

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    The path to making that happen has already been cut. You can thank the gays for blazing the trail for them.
    Then let us know when it actually happens, you're just blowing smoke until it does.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #343
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-02-17 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    posting lies as if they are truths wont fool anybody honest and educated.

    there is no one single argument based on rights and legality that is based soley on equal rights for gays that lends itself to the lies you speak off . . . not one . .

    disagree?
    name these facts, show us the legality and thats its based on arguments solely for equal rights for gays. We'd love to read them lol
    Educated does not mean intelligent. And, all you need to do for an intelligent argument is to read my posts in this thread.
    They aren't put up here like a word salad like some people's posts.
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

  4. #344
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,079

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Educated does not mean intelligent. And, all you need to do for an intelligent argument is to read my posts in this thread.
    They aren't put up here like a word salad like some people's posts.
    We already read your posts. We're still looking for an intelligent argument.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #345
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,024

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's not how it works. Your "rights" can't be dependent on someone else willing to do what you have a right not to do. Give me a break. What you're saying is if everyone in that office religiously objects to SSM that one of them will have to have their "right" stripped and hand them a license. I can't see how that works...
    The state and government cannot force someone to violate their religious beliefs. the SCOTUS has ruled on this constantly.
    yes that is exactly it. their rights will be stripped and the government cannot do that.
    of course you can't see how it works because you don't think religious protections are a constitutional guarantee. you only believe what you want to believe.


    The clerk can believe anything he or she wants. But as an agent of the state, he cannot deny a license on the basis of any religious test. If he can deny a license to a SS couple, he can deny it to Jews or Muslims or atheists, or black/white couples, whatever religious test he or she decides in his or her own mind is the deciding factor. It's impossible for that to withstand the laugh out loud court test.
    if it is a violation of their religious beliefs the government cannot force them. to do so would be a religious discrimination.

    Arbitrary in the sense that it's not in any basis in law, but merely whatever the person handing out licenses decides the qualification to be. Why not black/white couples, if she believes god disapproves of mixed race pairings? Why can't she ask everyone if they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, and if "no" then no license? All she has to believe is god doesn't bless any union except of Christians, born again.
    arbitrary meaning you have to just assume they didn't believe that way to begin with.
    if they firmly believe that marriage is between a man and a women the government cannot force them to
    violate their religious beliefs. it is constitutionally protected.

  6. #346
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    42,125

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by keymanjim View Post
    Educated does not mean intelligent. And, all you need to do for an intelligent argument is to read my posts in this thread.
    They aren't put up here like a word salad like some people's posts.
    Translation: you cant refer to any laws, rights or arguments based on legality that support the lies you claim.

    facts remains there are ZERO arguments based on legality that can be used to support the lies you claim that are solely based on equal rights for gays. Let us know when that changes. lol thanks
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #347
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    28,079

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    if it is a violation of their religious beliefs the government cannot force them. to do so would be a religious discrimination.
    Damn, I ought to get a cushy government job and then tell them my religious forbids me to go to work. I still want to get paid, of course, I just don't want to actually do anything. They can't deny me because it's discrimination against my religion!
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #348
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-02-17 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    An 18 year old is a teenager and able to marry who he likes. Where you came up with the idea I said 11 is beyond me. If you thought you would shock me by your statement you did not. All you did was cause me to pity you and feel sorry for you.
    Your pity is wasted. I am above you in every conceivable sense.
    Should your child have children of his own, you should hope that sex at puberty is not legalized. Otherwise, he'll be serviced by strange men in school before he could realize that he doesn't like it.
    Or, maybe you find that normal as well. I mean, they thought gay marriage wouldn't happen too. And, look at where we are now.
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

  9. #349
    Educator
    keymanjim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    07-02-17 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    Translation:
    Read the thread before you jump in.
    11 Liberal Rules for Racism in America
    それは残念だよね?
    Obama is a clown in blackface. Oops! I misspoke. My bad.

  10. #350
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:44 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,024

    Re: Texas AG Says Workers Can Refuse Marriage Licenses to Gays

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Damn, I ought to get a cushy government job and then tell them my religious forbids me to go to work. I still want to get paid, of course, I just don't want to actually do anything. They can't deny me because it's discrimination against my religion!
    you actually have to prove it. I don't know any recognized religion that practices that.

Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •