Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 141

Thread: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

  1. #31
    They took our jerbs!
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    great state of texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    11,055

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    It's all a proxy war against mostly white southern Conservatives who revere the flag. They know who it pisses off, and because they are hateful they want to actively piss them off if they can. I understand removing it from gov property as national symbols are important to recognize/not recognize (we wouldn't fly a foreign country's flag over a capitol, in much the same way the Confederate flag has no place there). If it's really all about purging hateful symbols then why can I still buy Che Guevara stuff, Mao Zedong books/items, Communist flags responsible for many millions of more deaths and other such things. It's all really nothing short of hypocrisy. I mean it's not like pieces of Nazi uniforms aren't for sale on Amazon Amazon.com: German WWII Reproduction Luftwaffe Officer's Cap - 7-1/2": Clothing
    one issue no one brings up,is how many rebel and confederate flags fly over graves at arlington cemetary,which was founded during the civil war.this would start to raise issues if any govt property should have no confederate anything,whats to stop next from going onto a national cemetary(govt property) and removing flags and tombstones of people dead well over a century.
    “You can lead a horse to water, but it is probably crowded with all those people you taught to fish.”

  2. #32
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,209

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Ones ethnicity cannot change voluntarily. It also does not have elected leaders, stated values and goals as did the Confederacy. What were you saying about failure?
    Alright, by your argument it is perfectly OK to label everyone in our military as imperialistic dogs out for power? Or how about, going by your logic it is perfectly acceptable to label all of our service men and women as criminals because a few killed innocent civilians and then tried to cover it up?

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    The dictionary uses more modern terminology. Substitute Federal Union for Country, or keep on playing semantics, feigning as if you actually have an argument.
    First, are you really applying modern definitions to the civil war era? Second: Do you know what "sovereign states" means? And I'm not playing semantics. I'm showing you what our History actually was.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #33
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Except that its not shown in support of the confederacy in present day. Its most often used as a symbol of rebellion. So no, your point doesn't stand.
    Most often perhaps. It is, however also used in support of the Confederacy or a rebirth of said rebellion : League of the South | Southern Poverty Law Center

  4. #34
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,650

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    No, it was the only flag that represented the faction that fought and died attempting to perpetuate the institution of slavery. If I had a nickel for everytime I've seen this phony, half-ass argument I'd be posting from a Yacht.
    The US didn't perpetuate slavery for 87 years? Guess what flag represented the US for those 87 years? Here's a hint, it wasn't the Confederate flag.

    Missouri, Kentucky, Delaware, and Maryland were slave states not part of the Confederacy. What flag flew over those states? Here's a hint, it wasn't the Confederate flag.

    Think about that while saving you nickles. Or just wallow in denial. I see you're good at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  5. #35
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,057

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    So tired of hearing this. Prove that they were traitors and that all of them were racist. Show me one single court case of someone convicted for treason that served under that flag. Prove that every single person that fought under that flag was racist.
    Prove that none of them were racist.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,209

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Most often perhaps. It is, however also used in support of the Confederacy or a rebirth of said rebellion : League of the South | Southern Poverty Law Center
    Most often being the key words in what you wrote there. Thanks for admitting that, even if you did throw in the word "perhaps". Please remember you said this.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,209

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Prove that none of them were racist.
    Did I make the claim that none of them were? No? Then no.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #38
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,650

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Actually, no it was not. You don't even know this much and you're posting about it? This was the flag of the Confederacy:

    Attachment 67186460
    This was the 1st flag of the Confederacy, AKA the stars and bars. There were actually three flags over time that represented the Confederacy. The second was replaced because it looked too much like a surrender flag.

    confederate-flags.jpg

    Those who shout racism refer to the battle flag while calling it the Confederate flag, and are obviously incorrect. I'm sure they know little about what they despise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  9. #39
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    46,057

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    This was the 1st flag of the Confederacy, AKA the stars and bars. There were actually three flags over time that represented the Confederacy. The second was replaced because it looked too much like a surrender flag.

    confederate-flags.jpg

    Those who shout racism refer to the battle flag while calling it the Confederate flag, and are obviously incorrect. I'm sure they know little about what they despise.
    A fairly trivial detail that ignores the greater issue. Any Confederate flag has the same issue.

  10. #40
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-22-16 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Confederacy purge continues while last century's villians ignored

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Alright, by your argument it is perfectly OK to label everyone in our military as imperialistic dogs out for power? Or how about, going by your logic it is perfectly acceptable to label all of our service men and women as criminals because a few killed innocent civilians and then tried to cover it up?
    That depends. Is killing innocents and total conquest the stated goals of the US military? Answer that and you'll get the answer to yet another loaded and useless question Also, remember for the umpth time, we're not labeling every individual.

    First, are you really applying modern definitions to the civil war era? Second: Do you know what "sovereign states" means? And I'm not playing semantics. I'm showing you what our History actually was.
    Definitions tend to adopt modern terminology to remain accurate as time passes. One can very well be traitorous towards a Federal Union in the same manner as a Country, despite it not being used as common vernacular today. Again, semantic quabbling.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •