Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

  1. #1
    Scientia Est Potentia


    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,855

    Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    28 Jun, 2015

    VIENNA: No nuclear deal between Iran and world powers is better than a "bad deal", Britain's foreign minister said on Sunday as he arrived for talks just days before a deadline for an accord. "We still have very big challenges if we are going to be able to get this deal done," Philip Hammond told reporters in Vienna. "I have said many times before and I will say it again today, no deal is better than a bad deal. There are red lines that we cannot cross and some very difficult decisions and tough choices are going to have to be made by all of us," he said.
    Agreed. No deal is indeed preferable to a bad deal. Two days remain until the 30 June deadline. My greatest fears remain red-line concessions to Tehran, and a final product that is laced with language deficiency and inexactitude.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,183

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'



    Agreed. No deal is indeed preferable to a bad deal. Two days remain until the 30 June deadline. My greatest fears remain red-line concessions to Tehran, and a final product that is laced with language deficiency and inexactitude.
    That no deal is better than a bad one is trivial stuff and the Brits are not stupid. But since it is the thing that anyone would have to say, especially, if they wanted to deal a bad deal, I am not at ease.

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    The rest of us knew this weeks, if not months, ago. We should have walked away...
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    37,220

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'



    Agreed. No deal is indeed preferable to a bad deal. Two days remain until the 30 June deadline. My greatest fears remain red-line concessions to Tehran, and a final product that is laced with language deficiency and inexactitude.
    Sounds pretty non controversial. Does anyone here think a bad deal would be better?
    Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?



  5. #5
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,818

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Sounds pretty non controversial. Does anyone here think a bad deal would be better?
    Agreed, but it is more than that. It is the rhetoric from their leadership on top of it being a bad deal, the whole fiasco dealing with Iran screams to walk away.
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people." - Penn Jillette.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,746

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Sounds pretty non controversial. Does anyone here think a bad deal would be better?
    The President? Not sure that there is any deal he would find unacceptable. Same is true of most democrats in congress.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    37,220

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    The President? Not sure that there is any deal he would find unacceptable. Same is true of most democrats in congress.
    Maybe. That depends, of course, on what you call a bad deal. According to the Republicans in Congress, any deal made by a Democrat is ipso facto a bad deal.

    If there's a deal made that will keep Iran from getting a nuke, then it's a good deal IMO.
    Can't we just turn Congress off and then turn it back on again?



  8. #8
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,464

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'



    Agreed. No deal is indeed preferable to a bad deal. Two days remain until the 30 June deadline. My greatest fears remain red-line concessions to Tehran, and a final product that is laced with language deficiency and inexactitude.
    Making a bad deal would certainly not be the first time the US has negotiated stupid deals. Until President Reagan came along, we were negotiating stupid treaties with the Soviets just for the sake of a given president or Secretar ay of State getting in front of the TV cameras and stating that a deal has been reached. It was Reagan that instituted the concept of "Trust but verify". The Obama administration has already proved that it does not neccesarily care about the verification aspect. Their response is: "But but but....we have intelligence". Not good enough. We should not sign any deal that does not include unfettered access to all nuke sites.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,422

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Maybe. That depends, of course, on what you call a bad deal. According to the Republicans in Congress, any deal made by a Democrat is ipso facto a bad deal.

    If there's a deal made that will keep Iran from getting a nuke, then it's a good deal IMO.


    I thought the Republicans were campaigning to give the Big 0 Fast track Authority on the trade deal.

    I thought it was the Dems holding things hostage.

    Was I turned around on the Party ID of the supporters and blockers?
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,422

    Re: Britain says no Iran deal 'better than a bad deal'

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Making a bad deal would certainly not be the first time the US has negotiated stupid deals. Until President Reagan came along, we were negotiating stupid treaties with the Soviets just for the sake of a given president or Secretar ay of State getting in front of the TV cameras and stating that a deal has been reached. It was Reagan that instituted the concept of "Trust but verify". The Obama administration has already proved that it does not neccesarily care about the verification aspect. Their response is: "But but but....we have intelligence". Not good enough. We should not sign any deal that does not include unfettered access to all nuke sites.
    The unfettered access paet is what was missing from the deal with North Korea.

    Now we have a nuclear North Korea with a Mad Man on the throne.
    I am not of the mind that a man is either of science or of religion. At his best and his worst, man exists in the misty glimmering where the falling angel meets the rising ape. That he chooses a direction from that point defines him as human.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •