Page 178 of 193 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1930

Thread: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

  1. #1771
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Obergefell is the argument.

  2. #1772
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-28-16 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Obergefell is the argument.
    Your special pleading betwixt marriage court cases and the supposed legalization of incest is the fallacy. In context of your reasoning incest was legalize decades ago as a result of an entirely different marriage court case that decreed any person can marry any other person of any race.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 07-03-15 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #1773
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    In context of your reasoning incest was legalize decades ago as a result of an entirely different marriage court case that decreed any person can marry any other person of any race.
    It took the new argument in Obergefell to make it apply to incest marriage.

  4. #1774
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-28-16 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    It took the new argument in Obergefell to make it apply to incest marriage.
    Nope. By your own logic Loving v. Virginia legalized it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #1775
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Nope.
    I disagree with you, and so does SCOTUS, that Loving applies to incest.

  6. #1776
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-28-16 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    I disagree with you, and so does SCOTUS, that Loving applies to incest.
    You are not an authority on the subject so your disagreement is irrelevant babble.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  7. #1777
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    SCOTUS got it wrong?

  8. #1778
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-28-16 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    SCOTUS got it wrong?
    SCOTUS legalized incest marriage in 1967. In a court ruling addressing a controversy related to heterosexual marriage. According to you and your strict adherence to words used in a decision made.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  9. #1779
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    SCOTUS legalized incest marriage in 1967.
    No, they literally did not.

  10. #1780
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    06-28-16 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,654

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    No, they literally did not.
    Sure, they did.

    And if not there then the original definition of "between one man and one woman" allows incest between opposite sex family members.

    You must have been confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •