Page 132 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1930

Thread: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

  1. #1311
    son of perdition
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    7,253

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by GunFora View Post
    This is a bad week for America and Americans. The moral fabric of the USA is coming apart at the seams. The SCOTUS has just redefined "marriage". The Red Diaper Doper babies are succeeding in taking down America from the inside without even firing a shot. Just as Krustev promised a half century ago.
    Where's a good drama llama jpeg when you need one? This decision won't even be talked about in 6 months.
    Gunter glieben glauten globen

  2. #1312
    Live, Love, Laugh.
    SayMyName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Taizhou, China
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 04:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Surely a real bomb of an announcement. It was time.

    10409131_1082149305145952_3801854807946378494_n[1].jpg

  3. #1313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. The businesses are public accommodations, not marriage itself. And churches are not businesses, not when conducting a religious rite, ceremony, which is what a wedding is.
    I don't care about churches one way or the other as I'm not christian.

    Legalizing gay marriage is don in the same spirit as public accommodation. I never said they were the same thing legaly, read what I actually write.

    A free market requires that we allow everything which isn't otherwise harmfull; a buisness serving the public should accommodate everything unles it can demonstrate a need to disallow something. No such need can be demonstrated for refusing gays.

  4. #1314
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,912

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't care about churches one way or the other as I'm not christian.

    Legalizing gay marriage is don in the same spirit as public accommodation. I never said they were the same thing legaly, read what I actually write.

    A free market requires that we allow everything which isn't otherwise harmfull; a buisness serving the public should accommodate everything unles it can demonstrate a need to disallow something. No such need can be demonstrated for refusing gays.
    None of this is true or it would have applied long before this. Marriage is not a commercial entity, commercial property. The marriage license is most similar to the birth certificate, in it establishes a legal relationship between people. A wedding ceremony offered or agreed to be done by a member of the clergy is not a commercial transaction. Just as if my best friend asks my brother to get ordained online just to perform her wedding ceremony for her, that doesn't mean that he then has to provide such services to anyone who asks because he isn't offering his services to the public as a for profit business.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #1315
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    None of this is true or it would have applied long before this. Marriage is not a commercial entity, commercial property. The marriage license is most similar to the birth certificate, in it establishes a legal relationship between people. A wedding ceremony offered or agreed to be done by a member of the clergy is not a commercial transaction. Just as if my best friend asks my brother to get ordained online just to perform her wedding ceremony for her, that doesn't mean that he then has to provide such services to anyone who asks because he isn't offering his services to the public as a for profit business.
    Irrelevant.

  6. #1316
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,386

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I see only 14 pages.
    It depends how many posts per page you have your thread display settings at. But I suspect you knew that?

    Best to go by # of posts - in this case, 1300+
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #1317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It depends how many posts per page you have your thread display settings at. But I suspect you knew that?

    Best to go by # of posts - in this case, 1300+
    Right. 1317 posts, that's 14 pages.

  8. #1318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Your scroll wheel must get quite the workout.
    Phones don't have scroll wheels.

  9. #1319
    Live, Love, Laugh.
    SayMyName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Taizhou, China
    Last Seen
    09-26-16 @ 04:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,005

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It depends how many posts per page you have your thread display settings at. But I suspect you knew that?

    Best to go by # of posts - in this case, 1300+
    You can set the number of posts your page reveals? To think, I was really trying to limit ever getting to 1000 total posts, making every one be meaningful. Evenso, not yet sure what I will actually do once I get close to 1000.

  10. #1320
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Breaking: US S.Ct. Rules Same Sex Marriage Constitutionally Protected[W:320]

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    You can set the number of posts your page reveals? To think, I was really trying to limit ever getting to 1000 total posts, making every one be meaningful. Evenso, not yet sure what I will actually do once I get close to 1000.
    If I had my way the entire thread would load on a single page.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •