Page 97 of 154 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 970 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #961
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I am a big fan of Limbaugh, if for no other reason, he is such an annoyance to libruls, however you are making it up as you go along. Limbaugh is merely your fallback to distract from your losing the argument.
    I'm not specifically trying to argue that Limbaugh is the one directing you what to believe, although I seem to have hit that one on the head lol. I'm pointing out that if you're willing to just ignore studies in general if they don't support your assumptions, then you've become unmoored from reality. Any nutjob can just come along and tell you whatever and you have no way to know if they're telling you the truth or not.

  2. #962
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I am not going to play the game of my experiances against your experiances other then to point out that I don't buy the baloney as I have close relatives in the medical industry including one who had personal knowledge of the indigent care in the hospital system. The vast majority of the poor qualify for medicaid. I am betting that the majority of people pictured in the link you posted have or qualify for some form of medicare and are not restricted to showing up enmasse on a grassy field begging to see a doctor.
    Wrong, at least in Tennessee. Here you have to be poor, and a mother or disabled. If you're just poor, chances are very good you do NOT qualify for Medicaid, and we're talking just above the poverty level poor.

  3. #963
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,826

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    I'm not specifically trying to argue that Limbaugh is the one directing you what to believe, although I seem to have hit that one on the head lol. I'm pointing out that if you're willing to just ignore studies in general if they don't support your assumptions, then you've become unmoored from reality. Any nutjob can just come along and tell you whatever and you have no way to know if they're telling you the truth or not.
    You're assuming he CARES about whether it's the truth or not.

    I think it's clear that most of the Anti-ACA people here don't.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #964
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Wrong, at least in Tennessee. Here you have to be poor, and a mother or disabled. If you're just poor, chances are very good you do NOT qualify for Medicaid, and we're talking just above the poverty level poor.
    As has often been remarked, the ACA made Medicaid into the program most people assumed it already was.

    In the expansion states, at least.

  5. #965
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,634

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I find it just amazing that the ACA opponents are consistently the people who understand it least.
    "Amusing" has only one "a"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #966
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,826

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    "Amusing" has only one "a"
    Thats true. Most of their other posts in other areas show the same astonishing lack of facts, compounded by a fixed ideological bent. I shouldnt be amazed.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #967
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Right, Conservatives hated Bush so much that they elected him twice.

    Sorry, but I think you're going to have to find better evidence other than just a photoshop meme to support your argument. lol
    Holy crap!

    We elected Bush 4 times counting 0bama.

    Next time you are going to ask me to prove that the earth is round. Oy oy oy lmmfao.
    Catch me if you can.

  8. #968
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by red crow View Post
    holy crap!

    We elected bush 4 times counting 0bama.

    Next time you are going to ask me to prove that the earth is round. Oy oy oy lmmfao.
    holy crap, batman.....are you are a flat earther?? Oy vey is right. lol

  9. #969
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    holy crap, batman.....are you are a flat earther?? Oy vey is right. lol
    No I am not a flat earther but some liberals have even asked me to prove that the earth is round even though is a common knowledge. Oy.. them liberals....go figure.. lols
    Catch me if you can.

  10. #970
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    [QUOTE=tuhaybey;1064770527]I'm not specifically trying to argue that Limbaugh is the one directing you what to believe, although I seem to have hit that one on the head lol.

    It looks as if you are debating yourself on that one. Just because the left seems to follow political masters does not mean the right does. I like Rush, however I don't take marching orders from him or anyone else. You brought him up merely because you could not mount a good comeback to the point I was making.


    I'm pointing out that if you're willing to just ignore studies in general if they don't support your assumptions, then you've become unmoored from reality. Any nutjob can just come along and tell you whatever and you have no way to know if they're telling you the truth or not.
    I don't ignore studies, son. I just use common sense when deciding which ones to take seriously. For instance on the global warming hysteria. I am still awaiting the global cooling that many lunatic studies in the 1970s pretty much guaranteed that the planet was headed for a big chill and that it was man-made. Eventually that hysterical movement flipped to man-made global warming. In the last several years, the humiliation has led them to break in the term: "Climate Change" (man-made ofcourse). Just because an issue is put to a study does not make it absolute or settled science. Many of these so-called studies are biased based on who funded them or commissioned them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •