Page 96 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 960 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #951
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Not really. Remember all those points you got crushed on and promptly ignored earlier?

    Healthcare is a common good. I benefit from you having good health, and vice versa. It is common sense that we set up an appropriate mechanism to ensure we have optimal health which leads to optimal productivity.

    I'm not in the 1%....but probably in the 5% and possibly in the 2%, and I owe my success to the hundreds of healthy people who are productive and can funnel their money to me eventually, rather than being ill.

    The difference between you and me is that I understand that, while you are bound and determined to stay willfully ignorant of that fact.
    LOL, your idea of crushing is nothing more than a personal power trip based upon zero credibility.

    I find a lot of people like you who have no idea where the subsidy money comes from and also have no idea adopting that entitlement mentality and having someone else pay for their own personal responsibility issues.

    You obviously have no idea what ACA is vs. private insurance. No one is forced to pay for your private insurance premiums but rather choose to purchase the same insurance. That isn't the case with Obamacare as my tax dollars and yours goes to fund the exchanges so we are no only paying for someone else's insurance with our tax dollars but also paying for our own premiums. you seem to have a problem with personal responsibility.

    Ignorant is a term liberals use to divert from reality for the ignorant ones here are those who buy the spending in the name of compassion rhetoric of the left only to pile on debt and have no true compassionate results. Anyone here who believes you can lower costs by adding millions of high risk people to the pool are indeed the ignorant ones. This is all about giving the Federal govt. more money to spend just like they have done with SS and Medicare. Too bad you continue to bury your head in the sand.

  2. #952
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Revisonist history or just your opinion?
    Revisionist history, 0bama continued with Bush's policies and doing the same thing Bush was doing so I never understood why liberals don't like Bush, 0bama and Bush are the same man.

    000.jpg
    Catch me if you can.

  3. #953
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Revisionist history, 0bama continued with Bush's policies and doing the same thing Bush was doing so I never understood why liberals don't like Bush, 0bama and Bush are the same man.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]67186458[ATTACH]
    Right, Conservatives hated Bush so much that they elected him twice.

    Sorry, but I think you're going to have to find better evidence other than just a photoshop meme to support your argument. lol

  4. #954
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,826

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, your idea of crushing is nothing more than a personal power trip based upon zero credibility.

    I find a lot of people like you who have no idea where the subsidy money comes from and also have no idea adopting that entitlement mentality and having someone else pay for their own personal responsibility issues.

    You obviously have no idea what ACA is vs. private insurance. No one is forced to pay for your private insurance premiums but rather choose to purchase the same insurance. That isn't the case with Obamacare as my tax dollars and yours goes to fund the exchanges so we are no only paying for someone else's insurance with our tax dollars but also paying for our own premiums. you seem to have a problem with personal responsibility.

    Ignorant is a term liberals use to divert from reality for the ignorant ones here are those who buy the spending in the name of compassion rhetoric of the left only to pile on debt and have no true compassionate results. Anyone here who believes you can lower costs by adding millions of high risk people to the pool are indeed the ignorant ones. This is all about giving the Federal govt. more money to spend just like they have done with SS and Medicare. Too bad you continue to bury your head in the sand.
    Actually, 'ignorant' is a term I use when someone doesn't really know any of the facts on the topic they are pontificating on.

    'Willfully Ignorant' is a term that refers to people that have been given appropriate information, but refuse to accept it.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #955
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Actually, 'ignorant' is a term I use when someone doesn't really know any of the facts on the topic they are pontificating on.

    'Willfully Ignorant' is a term that refers to people that have been given appropriate information, but refuse to accept it.
    Is it fact or a lie that Federal Income tax dollars collected from actual American taxpayers are being used to provide subsidies for individuals for their health insurance?

    Is it fact or a lie that the American taxpayer dollars are not being used to supplement private insurance premiums?

    Is it fact or a lie that Medicare was created as a pay as you go system and the money put on budget so that it actually was used to fund Operational expenses of the Federal Govt?

    Is it fact or a lie that SS and Medicare are trillions in unfunded liabilities that has created a Ponzi scheme?

    Let's see who is willfully ignorant

  6. #956
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    And your fallback is to claim everything in healthcare was flowers and puppies until the ACA came along, and now it's going to be horrible... NEXT year!
    I never made any such claim. I have stated multiple times that reform was needed. However Obamacare is not reform. It is a government takeover of the health insurance industry by way of mandates. it has made health insurance for the majority of Americans prohibitively expensive. You are the one claiming that everything is peaches and cream since the passage of Obamacare.

  7. #957
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    I don't know what to tell you man. The studies all found otherwise, we implemented the policy and it has in fact turned out as the studies predicted. Which is no surprise, since it had already played out that way in the states that did similar things earlier. Instead of trying to argue with me as if we were still back in 2009 trying to predict what would happen, you should be focusing on trying to figure out how you went wrong. Here is a suggestion for where you might start- you're just making random guesses rather than looking things up or reading studies and whatnot.
    That is a complete line of bull. I am not impressed by biased studies with pre-conceived results. I am more concerned with broken promises....such as: "If you like your policy, you can keep it"....."and If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor"........and "The ACA will save the average family $2500.00 annually". I am also concerned at massively higher rates....not to mention midsized and small employers shrinking their full time workforce to avoid some of the unbearable costs of the obamacare employer mandates. Much of what the right predicted has come true. The left sitting back and pretending that is not the case, merely because obamacare has not yet collapsed is amusing, but unimpressive. The worst of the mandates will not hit until 2016. If everything was just peachy with obamacare, your party would still control congress.

  8. #958
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The little charity I work with has about 70 uninsured men. My brother is an ER doc. So I have a decent understanding on both ends what the poor can and cannot do and how they get healthcare. And what I know without any doubt is the way you describe our system and how the poor access it is completely ignorant.

    Yes, lots of uninsured go to the ER for routine care, because that is their only real option. And free clinics do great work and I admire all the medical providers who participate in them. But what you're doing is concluding that because these things exist and some people manage to get care through them that they are even approaching an adequate solution for the vast majority of the uninsured. Those things just are not adequate, and every person who looks at the problem knows this without the slightest doubt. I'd tell you stories about the people I know pretty well and the problems they have accessing long term care for their chronic conditions, but if you don't already know this it's a waste of time because you don't want to really look into it.

    The bottom line is the fact that we need Remote Area Medical Volunteer Corp in the U.S. is testimony to your misunderstanding.

    Hidden Hurt: Desperate for medical care, the uninsured flock by the hundreds to a remote corner of Virginia for the chance to see a doctor

    Attachment 67186421
    I am not going to play the game of my experiances against your experiances other then to point out that I don't buy the baloney as I have close relatives in the medical industry including one who had personal knowledge of the indigent care in the hospital system. The vast majority of the poor qualify for medicaid. I am betting that the majority of people pictured in the link you posted have or qualify for some form of medicare and are not restricted to showing up enmasse on a grassy field begging to see a doctor.

  9. #959
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I am not impressed by biased studies with pre-conceived results.
    LOL. So basically, you're openly advocating for just doing whatever Limbaugh or whoever tells you, regardless of whether it comports with factual reality. If reality and what Limbaugh tells you, ignore reality. That's the gist of your approach, right?

  10. #960
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    LOL. So basically, you're openly advocating for just doing whatever Limbaugh or whoever tells you, regardless of whether it comports with factual reality. If reality and what Limbaugh tells you, ignore reality. That's the gist of your approach, right?
    I am a big fan of Limbaugh, if for no other reason, he is such an annoyance to libruls, however you are making it up as you go along. Limbaugh is merely your fallback to distract from your losing the argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •