Page 94 of 154 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #931
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    No...only in your understanding. It is a myth that the hard core non-insured avoid going to the emergency room or a clinic until they are in an emergency situation or nearly at deaths door. They go as much or more then those who are insured, knowing that they will be billed based on ability to pay. Have you never heard of free clinics? And there were many uninsured who could afford insurance who simply opted to pay at the point of service.
    The little charity I work with has about 70 uninsured men. My brother is an ER doc. So I have a decent understanding on both ends what the poor can and cannot do and how they get healthcare. And what I know without any doubt is the way you describe our system and how the poor access it is completely ignorant.

    Yes, lots of uninsured go to the ER for routine care, because that is their only real option. And free clinics do great work and I admire all the medical providers who participate in them. But what you're doing is concluding that because these things exist and some people manage to get care through them that they are even approaching an adequate solution for the vast majority of the uninsured. Those things just are not adequate, and every person who looks at the problem knows this without the slightest doubt. I'd tell you stories about the people I know pretty well and the problems they have accessing long term care for their chronic conditions, but if you don't already know this it's a waste of time because you don't want to really look into it.

    The bottom line is the fact that we need Remote Area Medical Volunteer Corp in the U.S. is testimony to your misunderstanding.

    Hidden Hurt: Desperate for medical care, the uninsured flock by the hundreds to a remote corner of Virginia for the chance to see a doctor

    RAM_02.jpg

  2. #932
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL.

    I present facts. You rail on about something else when you can't dispute them.

    It's only 'arrogant' when I'm exaggerating what I know. I've already shown you I'm not. You had a lifetime cap on your insurance before, now you don't. (This is where you say 'Thanks, Obama!).

    Then you pretend to know what my health insurance situation is. I'm pleased to let you know I'm quite secure in a strong plan provided by my employer, with a healthcare savings account that is growing daily. But I'm not pretending it's not an 'ACA' plan.
    So then like most liberals this is about your perception and not about you. I could never ever hit my lifetime cap nor could you. My deductible was lower and thank God I don't have to purchase ACA but then the issue remains, why do you expect someone else to pay for the health insurance premiums of others?

  3. #933
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,729

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So then like most liberals this is about your perception and not about you. I could never ever hit my lifetime cap nor could you. My deductible was lower and thank God I don't have to purchase ACA but then the issue remains, why do you expect someone else to pay for the health insurance premiums of others?
    Really? You know you could never hit your lifetime cap?

    Are you psychic?

    Luckily for us all, we don't have to pretend we are psychic anymore. The ACA covers us all. Thanks, Obama!

    And again, you got ACA compliant insurance, and the ACA is involved at a very basic level on the type of care you get, how it will be delivered, and how it will be improved.

    And you remain ungrateful, and willfully ignorant.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #934
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    In spite of all this bitching and moaning, I bet you ended up following the law. Same thing now, the repubs had their hearts set on this being overturned. Now that is hasn't been, you will again bitch and moan and still I bet you end up following the law.
    And of course that isn't something you do. I am sure that you followed the law in TX about illegality of same sex marriage and abortion. I honestly believe Obamacare is going to further bankrupt this country, was a very poorly crafted law like most liberal laws that affect social issues. You see, you continue to think with your heart instead of your brain as well as judge everyone else by your own standards and beliefs.

  5. #935
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Really? You know you could never hit your lifetime cap?

    Are you psychic?

    Luckily for us all, we don't have to pretend we are psychic anymore. The ACA covers us all. Thanks, Obama!

    And again, you got ACA compliant insurance, and the ACA is involved at a very basic level on the type of care you get, how it will be delivered, and how it will be improved.

    And you remain ungrateful, and willfully ignorant.
    Keep dodging the issue, why is it the taxpayers responsibility to pay for your personal healthcare issues? Seems that the problem is the way far too many were raised still expecting that entitlement mentality where someone else always pays for what you want. In the liberal world results don't matter because feelings trump them.

  6. #936
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,729

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Keep dodging the issue, why is it the taxpayers responsibility to pay for your personal healthcare issues? Seems that the problem is the way far too many were raised still expecting that entitlement mentality where someone else always pays for what you want. In the liberal world results don't matter because feelings trump them.
    Well, no. YOU keep dodging issues, like how you mysteriously know what diseases you'll get in the future.

    And taxpayers have been paying for our healthcare for our entire lives- employer paid health care has always been tax exempt, and a way to pay employees with less tax outlays. You just pretend it's not a fact.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #937
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,029

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I never heard of any republican politician bragging as to how wonderful that piece of crap is. 0bama said that everybody would be covered by ACA but not everybody wanted it so now it only covers a portion of the U.S. population, isn't that wonderful? Of course it is! Tremendous success! Wait till the premiums eventually sky rocket, they are going up in a few months.
    Obama didn't say when everyone would be covered...just that they would. And the premiums were skyrocketing before Obamacare. But now the ACA can put a cap on the insurance rates to slow them down. I think what might be happening now are the insurance companies are raising rates before that portion of the law kicks in. But I'm just guessing.


    No self respecting Republican would be caught dead praising Obamacare, but they don't seem to have a problem with the ACA.


    Poll: Republicans hate ‘Obamacare,’ but like most of what it does - The Washington Post

  8. #938
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Well, no. YOU keep dodging issues, like how you mysteriously know what diseases you'll get in the future.

    And taxpayers have been paying for our healthcare for our entire lives- employer paid health care has always been tax exempt, and a way to pay employees with less tax outlays. You just pretend it's not a fact.
    You keep dodging the more relative question as to why it is my responsibility to pay for your healthcare insurance?? Like far too many you never want to accept personal responsibility but rather have someone else pay for your premiums with their FIT.

  9. #939
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,729

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You keep dodging the more relative question as to why it is my responsibility to pay for your healthcare insurance?? Like far too many you never want to accept personal responsibility but rather have someone else pay for your premiums with their FIT.
    You're not paying my healthcare insurance.

    Of course, when you get old, I'll be gladly paying yours, because there is no reasonable market based solution to have the elderly cover their own insurance at reasonable rates. You are welcome, BTW.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #940
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You're not paying my healthcare insurance.

    Of course, when you get old, I'll be gladly paying yours, because there is no reasonable market based solution to have the elderly cover their own insurance at reasonable rates. You are welcome, BTW.
    That isn't your responsibility it is mine. You don't seem to understand the concept. When I say yours the context is supporters of ACA. Medicare was a self funded program until "your" Party put it on budget and spent that money. There would have been no need for you to pay for my health insurance until your party created a Ponzi scheme.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •