Page 87 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #861
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Not sure....I don't worship the guy....but what I do know is that your prior post speaks loudly about the ignorant electorate that Citizen's United is hoping to cultivate.
    Apparently the Obama Administration does or did before he said what the Administration believes but refuses to say themselves. Glad to see you back seagull

  2. #862
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,425

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I don't buy your numbers. Rates have risen more slowly, but deductible have grown. And deductibles are the real killer
    In effect, the massively high deductibles have turned health insurance into a massively costly catastrophic health insurance. And I do not take the increases in premiums lightly either. My premium was going from $250 a month to $678.15 per month. That's higher then my home mortgage payments. Health insurance should not be more costly then buying a house.

  3. #863
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,425

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    On the contrary, its most exciting features and greatest long-term potential lie in what it's already doing to address the cost of providing health care.
    Which is absolutely nothing. The actual cost of providing healthcare is not decreasing,. It is increasing.

  4. #864
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Which is absolutely nothing. The actual cost of providing healthcare is not decreasing,. It is increasing.
    Obviously we don't get it, the fact that deductibles are increasing rapidly are irrelevant to liberals most of whom really aren't involved with Obamacare but judge everyone else by their own beliefs which come from their indoctrination into the liberal ideology. You see, with liberals it is always someone else's fault for poor personal choices and they always think with their hearts instead of their brain.

  5. #865
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I repeat. The left's suggestion that anyone at all was denied healthcare is an "outright bald face lie". There was no question that everyone who needed treatment received treatment and also had options outside of the ER. And the "less cost" chant is also misleading. The one and only reason for less overall spending on healthcare is that millions of the insured now stuck with massively expensive premiums and massively high deductibles can no longer afford to take advantage of their health insurance. One of obamacare's biggest proponents Ezekial Emannuel was a guest on CSPAN this morning. And after getting beseiged with callers (even one democrat) complaining to him about the high premiums and average deductibles of $6000.00, he so much as admitted that obamacare at this time operates like a very expensive catastrophic health insurance policy and that needed to be fixed. He attempted to put lipstick on it, but few were buying it. Obamacare is an unmitigated failure and a serious albatross around the necks of the democrat party. The sooner you work that out, the better for your credibility.
    That just isn't true. I won't even bother to explain, except to say that you just don't actually have a clue what the barriers to care are faced by the uninsured. The "care" they got for heart disease, for example, is generally they get treated after they have a heart attack, if the heart attack doesn't kill them. They might be treated for cancer after it's spread to their bones and is hopeless and then they get pain killers. The rest of us might have the cancer caught by a colonoscopy that no poor person gets because they can't afford that. Etc.

    The whole "the poor got treated" is just an elaborate attempt to fool yourself that there is no harm to anyone with a system that leaves 40 million uninsured. It's not true, so if you want to support such a system, the least you can do is recognize that it causes the premature death of many thousands each year, but that the alternatives are worse.

  6. #866
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That just isn't true. I won't even bother to explain, except to say that you just don't actually have a clue what the barriers to care are faced by the uninsured. The "care" they got for heart disease, for example, is generally they get treated after they have a heart attack, if the heart attack doesn't kill them. They might be treated for cancer after it's spread to their bones and is hopeless and then they get pain killers. The rest of us might have the cancer caught by a colonoscopy that no poor person gets because they can't afford that. Etc.

    The whole "the poor got treated" is just an elaborate attempt to fool yourself that there is no harm to anyone with a system that leaves 40 million uninsured. It's not true, so if you want to support such a system, the least you can do is recognize that it causes the premature death of many thousands each year, but that the alternatives are worse.
    You don't get it because you think only with your heart. Do you believe that the poor are going to take advantage of preventative healthcare screening? What is next mandatory healthy meals and exercise? Where does personal responsibility rest in your world? Premature death occurs also because people abuse their bodies and you believe that having the taxpayers funding ACA is going to change that?

  7. #867
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,727

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Its finally dawned on me.... The most vehement opponents of the ACA are also the people who understand the least about our healthcare delivery system in the U.S.

    It's a direct correlation!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #868
    Student
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    11-05-16 @ 07:27 AM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    150

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    In effect, the massively high deductibles have turned health insurance into a massively costly catastrophic health insurance. And I do not take the increases in premiums lightly either. My premium was going from $250 a month to $678.15 per month. That's higher then my home mortgage payments. Health insurance should not be more costly then buying a house.
    You complain about premiums and deductibles, but no doubt are against single payer UHC which would remove these.

  9. #869
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,510

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Its finally dawned on me.... The most vehement opponents of the ACA are also the people who understand the least about our healthcare delivery system in the U.S.

    It's a direct correlation!
    And those who were gullible enough to believe the lies and broken promises of this President and his party are the one's who are informed ?

    Its " affordable healthcare " with rising cost straight from the Democrat Party.

  10. #870
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't get it because you think only with your heart. Do you believe that the poor are going to take advantage of preventative healthcare screening?
    Why not? Some won't, obviously, but many that have insurance don't go either. At one point in my life I probably went a decade without seeing a doctor for anything other than an acute illness. Is there any evidence that the "poor" in, say, Canada or Germany or any other country with universal coverage don't go see their primary care doctor, or that they don't get preventive care?

    What is next mandatory healthy meals and exercise? Where does personal responsibility rest in your world? Premature death occurs also because people abuse their bodies and you believe that having the taxpayers funding ACA is going to change that?
    If you can't afford healthcare, it's hard to be personally responsible with healthcare because the exam is expensive and if there is an issue, they can't afford the treatment. That's why they wait till it's acute and go to the ER, etc.

    And, yes, premature death does happen because we abuse our health. About 1/3 of the residents in my state are obese. I know lots of them with insurance. Lots more smoke, drink to excess and haven't exercised in decades and lots of them have insurance. So what is your point? One way or another, you're paying for them through YOUR premiums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •