Page 84 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #831
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,760

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    What is this a response to?
    You and your belief that healthcare is a Federal Responsibility. You have been indoctrinated well.

  2. #832
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, so the great idea from the right wing is to go back to the incredibly flawed system that cost double the rest of the world and left 10s of million UNinsured, and 10s of millions more with inadequate insurance that would fail as soon as they actually needed actual insurance, and cost double the rest of the world..... That's why I don't vote for the GOP anymore.
    Our insurance rates are still double the rest of the world and there are still millions without insurance. For me, my rates didn't go up that much, my deductible did and that is far, far worse. Now I am paying higher rates and basically paying for everything out of pocket anyway. The old way, while hardly good, is preferable

  3. #833
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you already have a left leaning court. the four democrats always vote for the Administration and 2 of the "right wingers" actually aren't constrained by the party that appointed them
    All these supposed liberal victories came thanks to republicans on the court. Not sure why democrats feel so threatened by GOP nominees.

  4. #834
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,548

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    All these supposed liberal victories came thanks to republicans on the court. Not sure why democrats feel so threatened by GOP nominees.
    GOP appointees tend to become seduced by the power of government--Liberals were already seduced when they were appointed
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  5. #835
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You and your belief that healthcare is a Federal Responsibility. You have been indoctrinated well.
    If you're talking about the vehicles for the coverage expansion, those were designed to be at the state level (Medicaid is a state program and exchanges were intended to be as well). Now events and experience have proven that the feds are much better equipped to do this than the states, but that's been a somewhat unexpected finding. See this thread: Time to end the state-based exchange experiment?

    As for reforming care itself, much of that is happening at the state level as well:State Innovation Models Initiative.

    So, duly noted.

  6. #836
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you already have a left leaning court. the four democrats always vote for the Administration and 2 of the "right wingers" actually aren't constrained by the party that appointed them
    It was a right leaning court who not only agreed to Citizens United, but expanded it into law. It wouldn't be so bad if they said controbutions must be divulged, but today we don't know if those donarions came from Lower Slobbovia.


  7. #837
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    GOP appointees tend to become seduced by the power of government--Liberals were already seduced when they were appointed
    Agreed. And the Obamacare decision doesn't bother me that much. The court already ruled it was constitutional, so I get why they didn't want to get in the middle of this mess. What happens to Obamacare is up to the voters. If it is as horrible as it seems, the voters will elect people to repeal it. I think the courts original opinion on it was horrible, but it is what it is.

  8. #838
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,548

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It was a right leaning court who not only agreed to Citizens United, but expanded it into law. It wouldn't be so bad if they said controbutions must be divulged, but today we don't know if those donarions came from Lower Slobbovia.
    given the GOP has a 5 person edge, the court sure has issued lots of clearly leftist decisions. remind me when a Democrat majority ruled against the Democrat administration so many times
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  9. #839
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    157,548

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Agreed. And the Obamacare decision doesn't bother me that much. The court already ruled it was constitutional, so I get why they didn't want to get in the middle of this mess. What happens to Obamacare is up to the voters. If it is as horrible as it seems, the voters will elect people to repeal it. I think the courts original opinion on it was horrible, but it is what it is.
    that is a good point
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #840
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,543

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It was a right leaning court who not only agreed to Citizens United, but expanded it into law. It wouldn't be so bad if they said controbutions must be divulged, but today we don't know if those donarions came from Lower Slobbovia.
    I think that is the proper standard going forward. Anyone should be able to contribute whatever they want to whoever they want. But every penny should be disclosed. That way if some billionaire is funding my candidacy, everyone will know. Those who are bothered by it can vote for my opponent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •