Page 82 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #811
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Everyone who entered the Emergency room was treated regardless of insurance or ability to pay. It was and is the law.
    The law requires ERs to stabilize you if you have an emergency medical condition. That's far from the entirety of health needs that can be serviced by the health system.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    However the democrats did not regain the house of reps and lost seats in the Senate.
    The Democrats gained 2 Senate seats in 2012.

  2. #812
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    The law requires ERs to stabilize you if you have an emergency medical condition. That's far from the entirety of health needs that can be serviced by the health system.



    The Democrats gained 2 Senate seats in 2012.
    Did the Democrats lose control of the entire Congress in 2014? You can always put lipstick on a pig but that doesn't change reality.

    What I find interesting is how you and others judge everyone else by your own biases and standards. Healthcare costs for the uninsured are paid for by the hospitals and the people of the state making it a state program not a federal one no matter how many times you say it. You have been indoctrinated and have such passion for this issue meaning that liberal elite have duped you no matter how many times you deny it or run from it.

  3. #813
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Denial of care prior to obamacare is an outright bald faced lie. It just did not happen. Everyone who entered the Emergency room was treated regardless of insurance or ability to pay. It was and is the law. The only people who did not see a doctor for two years were people too stupid to go to the ER or a clinic.
    How the hell, after years and years of endlessly debating this stuff, has the right's understanding of healthcare policy still not improved? It is just flat out ridiculous. The only explanation I can come up with is that you guys are intentionally blocking out whatever information you encounter about this stuff.

  4. #814
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Healthcare costs for the uninsured are paid for by the hospitals and the people of the state making it a state program not a federal one no matter how many times you say it. You have been indoctrinated and have such passion for this issue meaning that liberal elite have duped you no matter how many times you deny it or run from it.
    What is this a response to?

  5. #815
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,372
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    It's already too heavy.
    Apparently not according to the SCOTUS. Therefore when the weight crushes the taxpayers, the SCOTUS won't have anything to say about it since the politicians will be squeezed as will their political careers and cushy Washington jobs when their campaigns are at risk. The question is, will the left and right be able to agree to change it for their own self preservation or will they continue to be deadlocked and let it die. That's a long term view because there's no law like this that has a short life but a long and painful one.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #816
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    We shall see, although the speed at which Washington moves, I may not be around to say I told you so.
    Well, I can guarantee you that it will not happen with republicans under control of either branch of congress or the white house. The democrats would have to have complete control again and would not likely risk giving it all up again in the next election or two. And if single payer were to pass, it would virtually wipe out the private sector healthcare system, which means congress would be forced to vote for something they would be subject to as well...unlike Obamacare. Congress strangely exempted themselves from Obamacare's mandates. No offense to Canada, however despite much of the left in the US claiming they want a single payer system, it is not politically viable in the US and will not likely be in your lifetime or mine. We would have to go full tilt socialist and that's not going to happen any time soon, if ever.

  7. #817
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Congress strangely exempted themselves from Obamacare's mandates.
    Members of Congress were removed from the Federal Employee Health Benefits Program.

    They now get their coverage through DC Health Link, the District's ACA exchange.

  8. #818
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,826

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Denial of care prior to obamacare is an outright bald faced lie. It just did not happen. Everyone who entered the Emergency room was treated regardless of insurance or ability to pay. It was and is the law. The only people who did not see a doctor for two years were people too stupid to go to the ER or a clinic.
    LOL.

    I'm still amazed that someone would have a screen name dedicated to a topic he knows so little about.

    ED care is not medical treatment. It's stabilization. You can't get your cancer treated there, or a long term fix for diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, etc.

    Denial of care was common pre-ACA, and still exists for the uninsured.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #819
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,826

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Perhaps when your party no longer has any power in Washington at all, you will learn how massively unpopular obamacare is. And it is not here to stay. Even if not repealed by a republican president and congress, it will eventually collapse under it's own weight. It's days are numbered.
    We've been hearing this since it passed.

    It's only become better and stronger and more entrenched. In fact, the scope of reform is so difficult, it's probably here for the rest of our lifetimes- the GOP has repeatedly shown it has no real ideas to comprehensively change healthcare.

    But you keep saying, every year, that NEXT year will be disaster. How repeatedly wrong do you have to be before you get a clue? Because it's approaching a decade now....
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #820
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    How the hell, after years and years of endlessly debating this stuff, has the right's understanding of healthcare policy still not improved? It is just flat out ridiculous. The only explanation I can come up with is that you guys are intentionally blocking out whatever information you encounter about this stuff.
    Any way you try to spin it, denial of care prior to Obamacare is an outright bald faced lie by the left. Your ignorance of that suggests that it is you that does not understand healthcare policy. The only explanation I can come up with is diehard partisanship on your part and the part of so much of the left. A democrat congress and president gave us this mess known as Obamacare and you will defend it until the end up time just for that reason. If a republican president and congress had enacted it, you and the left would be screaming bloody murder. You would be ripping it to shreds...screaming about mandates and massive rate increases. One example of that is the Patriot Act getting passed during the Bush Administration. The left nearly had a stroke and complained non-stop about it until Bush was out of office. Then Obama comes along and not only keeps it going, he expands on it. The lefts reaction is as follows:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzN3yJXlWrg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •