Page 59 of 154 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #581
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,744

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    No, you simply adamantly refuse to recognize the lag effect involved. Yer a foolish, blind ideologue. There are time lags all around you. Pull yer head out of yer butt and you'll see them.

    >>I post the BLS chart and that makes me a liar and an idiot?

    You always post ugly piles of cut-and-paste. Numbers by themselves don't prove anything. You need to use them to make an argument. Yer arguments are without substance.

    >>I really feel sorry for you

    And I continue to say that you should save yer compassion for yerself.
    My, my, what passion you have for your ideology. It seems facts, logic, and common sense have no place in your world. Most can see the difference between a liberal and conservative by simply watching your posts. There is a reason apparently that so many conservatives are successful and liberals relying on the govt. failures.

    You see, I look at the employment numbers of December 2007 as the base upon which to work and to get back to those numbers. There were 146 million working Americans in December 2007 and a labor force of 154 million. The employment today is 149 million and labor force is 157 million. Apparently in the liberal world there was no population growth, no people turning into working age, and apparently no understanding of economic growth or in Obama's case the lack of significant growth in the private sector.

    Why would anyone claim Obama created 12 million jobs when the reality is jobs lost aren't created they are recovered, most in the private sector in spite of Obama and many due to part time work created by the Obama economy. Why would anyone claim that Obama inheriting 142 million working Americans, passing a stimulus program of 842 billion for shovel ready jobs and having 139 million working 2 years later that the stimulus was a success and trumpet Obama performance?

    You take numbers in put a liberal spin on them because you have such low expectations which is another difference between liberals and conservative. I apparently have much higher expectations than you which is why I didn't vote for Obama and your low expectations motivated your vote probably twice.

  2. #582
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,870

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    A public option is automatic enrollment with no premiums, because they are embedded in your normal tax rate. Because of that, there is no need for subsidies to offset the cost.

    At no time has anyone suggested the federal government start a health insurance company, offering plans to the general public through the exchanges or otherwise.
    And you are mistaken.


    The so-called "public option" has taken several forms in several different health care bills this year in Congress. All of the proposals, however, would create a federal health care plan, something like Medicare, but for persons under age 65. Individuals and small businesses would be able to buy such a plan just as they would purchase a health care plan from a private insurance company.
    Proponents of a public option say it would create more competition for the private companies, holding prices down for everyone.

    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/pub...-single-payer/



    Medicare costs money.
    Most of the time workers receive enough SS to cover their premium but if not they can ask for subsidies.
    Last edited by minnie616; 06-26-15 at 12:50 PM.

  3. #583
    Sage
    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,195

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    NAH!With this opinion Roberts just showed that he and his Corp cronies dont want to leave a dime on the table. Hopefully the next Demoocratic admistration will fix this.
    Last edited by Donc; 06-26-15 at 12:53 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #584
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,912

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Sure, also reasonable. It's like a laundry list. The states can pick laws they want to follow and ignore the others. Sounds great, and shouldn't lead to any problems at all when laws are optional.
    Isnt that the example being set by the federal govt?

  5. #585
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,311
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    No, very few think that.
    How many is very few?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Just as very few think that "interstate highways are irrelevant." How many spaceships have you visited?
    How many spaceships would I need to visit? I mean I'm just enjoying you make up nonsense using vague terms like "many" and "very few" and basing it on absolutely nothing. Quite entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Wrong. You can't afford to pay for the U.S. Marine Corps.
    I never claimed to pay for the U.S. Marine corps. Nice strawman.png If you believe I benefit by your pay, then provide me a receipt for what you paid for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    This goes back to my saying that "the Internet grew out of federal spending."
    And still irrelevant.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    No. Figure it out for yerself.
    What!? No vague meaningless term like "somewhat more"??? I'm disappointed.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Experts can offer useful opinions.
    Opinions are like assholes... everyone's got one. I'm more into facts and hypotheticals never of a future that can never be is not factual.


    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    For all we know, frogs can fly.
    Actually it's frogs with wings - not frogs that can fly.


    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    It's common sense. Well, common to most people.
    Nothing you've posted is common sense but it's funny you think it is.


    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    This goes back to yer claim that the taxes other people pay don't benefit you because they are required by law. All I can do is alugh at such nonsense.
    No this goes back to how I'm supposed to thank people for paying taxes which they are required to do by law and hence, somehow people pay for things that I "enjoy". People don't pay for anything I enjoy. I pay my share you pay your share under the law and if you or I do not, we go to prison. What I laugh at is somehow you pay for me - you don't pay anything for me as I've already stated.


    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    [To go to prison rather than pay taxes.] What does it matter if it's reasonable?
    It matters if you claim it's a choice... now you don't want to answer!

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    The point is that the taxes other people pay BENEFIT YOU.
    I benefit by what taxes I pay sweetie, not what you pay because what you pay benefits you. You still have failed to provide any evidence that I benefit from anything you pay, which is not surprising at all.


    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Humourous to an eight-year-old, perhaps.
    And factual as an adult.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #586
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,445

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Isnt that the example being set by the federal govt?
    Actually, no.

  7. #587
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,357

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    Let me try to move this along. Your household needs to be within 138% of the poverty line to qualify for Medicaid. Under the ACA subsidy rules, you can be within 400%. I don't care how many newly insured are covered by Medicaid compared to how many enroll for subsidies. They all get insured or get help being insured. Good for them and for the country.
    Which brings me back to my original point: The Democrats could have simply expanded Medicaid and not touched my insurance and gotten essentially the same results. All the trumpeting of the success of ACA has everything to do with an expansion of welfare and little to do with the rest of the law that screwed over everyone else in the process.

    You challenged my point and now admit I'm right. For all the bulls*** with exchanges and new mandatory coverages health insurance is more expensive to everyone but Medicaid recipients, and OOP is through the roof for anyone with a job even while the Government is still subsidizing insurers losses.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 06-26-15 at 02:45 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #588
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,125

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    I think you leftist socialists should start voting for Republicans, they seem to do more for you than the people you elect.

    You have a SC with more Republican appointees than Democrat ones. Yet, they have ignored the Constitution on these two big issues. And not once, but twice on Obamacare (now SCOTUScare). Not only ignoring the Constitution, but doing legal backflips in order to justify their baseless decisions.

    Then, the Republican Congress that you so hate. They have the power to defund Obamacare and stop it dead in it's socialist tracks. They refuse to do it, and go ahead and fully fund it.

    Fast track trade power? No problem, here you go! Debt ceiling raised? Coming right up, spend all you want!

    The Iran deal. This could easily be stopped. Instead, not only did they do nothing to stop it, they came up with a bill that (Unconstitutionally) gives all of their power to the president and leaves them with none!

    I could go on, but this is getting sickening.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #589
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,866

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    My how clever, never read that analogy before.

    Considering how many Dead Ends that "D" has driven people into, it's a good thing there is an "R" to allow people to back the hell out of the mess they were put in.
    I have admit that was a well done retort....

  10. #590
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,755
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    If...? I doubt you will see any of this happen.
    Continued Repub control of the House is certain. Repubs have at least a 50/50 chance to hold the Senate. If Hillary is the Dem POTUS nominee and the Repubs nominate one of their better candidates then their odds for POTUS are also no worse than 50/50.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •