Page 39 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #381
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    54,626

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Compared to America you're second rate
    Canada scores significantly higher than we do on the Economic Freedom Index, they have a lower rate of single-motherhood, their lower corporate tax rate raises more revenue than ours, and as a result their middle class is richer.

    If the American people don't want Obamacare, and we don't, then it won't outlast Obama. Your defeatism might be true if we were talking about Canadians, but we're talking about Americans here. We're doers.
    ..... that's nice. I thought that once too. Then we had the 2012 election and I started paying more attention to who was driving American culture, the American future, etc.

    Americans are whiny, litigious, narcissists still coasting off of the accomplishments of the WWII generation. We lack self-discipline and self-control.

    Because we are whiny narcissists, we are attracted to whiny narcissists. We put one in the White House two elections running because he talked pretty to us, and the guy in second place in New Hampshire for the GOP right now is a reality TV star who's schtick is that he's good at being an idiot in public without experiencing the kind of personal shame that would constrain others. We've demanded that our politicians Tell Us About The Rabbits so much that we took the worlds' engine house and turned it into history's largest liability.

    We haven't been able to "win" a war since the 1940's because we get bored and because it's hard, and we don't do "hard" anymore. What we "do" - what we "specialize" in "doing" - now as an industrial base is finding new ways to like each others' funny cat pictures on the internet. The Middle East, North Africa, Eastern Europe, and Central Asia are on fire and what America is spending her time on is whether or not people who fly flags are mean and dudes who want to touch each others' penises before cutting them off. Because all that other stuff is hard, and we don't do "hard" anymore. We prefer to sue people who expect us to do hard, or maybe demand a handout for failing to do hard.

    We forgot how to America and in the next couple of decades reality is going to **** us hard. It's okay. I and my children will be part of the ruling class in the dilapidated, sad, failed little angry self-absorbed society who shares a name with America. And those who suffer? I'm going to laugh and laugh and laugh, because they will have gotten exactly what they voted for.
    Worth noting, Democrats: President Trump will have a Pen and a Phone. #Precedent.

  2. #382
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,308

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    What he and other GOP posters aren't saying is how relieved they are as to what they would have done if the SCOTUS would have ruled against ACA .

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    And you give us yet another reason not to give a Bush a 4th term. Like we needed it.
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  3. #383
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,452

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Since it was voted into law the American people have been against the law. While I disagree with the SOCTUS ruling, I guess the upside is that Democrats can't run from this legislation anymore.
    gonTrue. They own it. I do have to wonder if they are politically suicidal. Mostly due to obamacare, the democrats have lost control of both houses of congress. They have also lost control of state legislatures in the majority of states. My own state legislature since the passage of obamacare has gone from democrat to republican for the first time since Ulyssess S Grant was president.

  4. #384
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Jiminy Cricket!!!

    As Majority Leader of the House, Pelosi wasn't privy to the Senate bill until after it passed. Once the Senate passed their bill then it goes to the house so they can read and vote on it. That's just how congress works.



    "...Her contention was that the Senate “didn’t have a bill.” And until the Senate produced an actual piece of legislation that could be matched up and debated against what was passed by the House, no one truly knew what would be voted on.

    “It’s because we didn’t have a Senate bill,” Pelosi said forcefully before Eleanor Clift of Newsweek even finished asking her a question about the statement’s context. “We were urging the Senate to pass a bill.” ...."

    Pelosi defends her infamous health care remark - The Washington Post
    They never read it even after it passed, They didn't have to.. they just invested their time defending it and they continued doing it today.
    Get out of the basement and stop drinking the kool aid.
    By the way.. the Senate and the House were both ruled by the left at that time.
    Obama Care is owned by the Left since not a single republican in Wash. voted for it.
    Catch me if you can.

  5. #385
    Professor
    Citizen.Seven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,967

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Another win for the leeches. No wonder this country is sucking more and more. Oh well, at least now there is zero incentive (political or otherwise) for the majority of states who have not set up their exchanges to do so now. Coupled with the failure to expand medicare in about half the states, at least leeches aren't routing.

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I said this earlier: Americans don't want Obamacare. They just want what's in it.
    Like your kids with broccoli I assume

    18 months and it will be tossed in the garbage

  7. #387
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    People that are honest ?

    People that are hard working ?

    People that are intelligent ?

    People that are self reliant ?

    People that are proud of their State and Country ?

    So you prefer people that are under the perpetual influence of IQ lowering psychoactive chemical compounds to real Texans ?
    Being retired I actually prefer people who don't talk too much; Texans seldom qualify. Therefore when the time comes I will leave you Texans to your tall tales of freedom and adventure while I go off to the real world.

  8. #388
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,308

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I have to wonder what the Obama Justice Dept has on Roberts.
    What about Kennedy?
    He voted no the first time.
    Kennedy and Roberts are clearly showing they are indeed the "third" wing of the USSC.
    As the sum of their rulings has pleased neither party .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  9. #389
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,308

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen.Seven View Post
    Another win for the leeches. No wonder this country is sucking more and more. Oh well, at least now there is zero incentive (political or otherwise) for the majority of states who have not set up their exchanges to do so now. Coupled with the failure to expand medicare in about half the states, at least leeches aren't routing.
    As you mention leeches;
    there is now zero incentive for the GOP leeches in Congress to show their "REPLACE".
    Roberts actually gave the GOP a gift by not forcing them to deal with all the people thrown off of ACA.
    Especially the conundrum in Florida .
    Chemists Have Solutions .

  10. #390
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    25,308

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    They never read it even after it passed,
    Kind of like the trade pact the GOPs just voted for--think they read it?

    By the way.. the Senate and the House were both ruled by the left at that time.
    Obama Care is owned by the Left since not a single republican in Wash. voted for it.
    Are there any GOP ideas in ACA?
    And why hasn't the GOP "REPLACE" hit the House floor ?
    Chemists Have Solutions .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •