Page 14 of 154 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #131

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,460

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    The point that everyone is missing here is process. We have one, there is remedy, and that is repair the legislation which should be a Congressional matter. It is not the job of the Supreme Court to rectify by replacement failed legislative crafting, but that is what happened here today. The dissent is right, the meaning of words and the purpose of the courts has been removed for politics. Intention does matter, but the argument for the intention directly conflicts with the ACA wording. In multiple places, you cannot discount that.

    And I did read all of the decision, and all of the dissent.
    If we're honest, whether the dissent or the majority was "right" is probably about 90% correlated with our view on our support or opposition to the law.

    But the bottom line is the dissent and you are arguing that Congress intended a result, on one of the biggest provisions in the bill, that received no debate in Congress - not one second - and that no one, including the states when they decided whether or not to establish exchanges, even knew about.

    So Scalia is arguing Congress intended to write the language in such a way so as to not even put the states on notice that their decision to establish or not an exchange determined whether or not their residents got credits. I don't know how anyone can believe that.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 07:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Congratulations!

    After two years of conflict and divisiveness based on the lie of the century, you now have, according to that, slightly less than 45 million people without coverage.

    30% more than the population of Canada, all of whom have coverage.

    I recall when the debate started, Obama claiming there were 35 million uninsured. What happened?

    He wanted to remain consistent....................................With his lying.

    Which is why more now, will be without insurance.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    21,578

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Yes, Roberts has been a pleasant surprise.
    Yep, his decisions have led to some very entertaining Mid-term results.

    He's keeping the Albatross alive and that means we get to look forward to another election cycle of Democrats avoiding ObamaCare like the plague....and then losing.

    Hey, remember when the Democrats were going to turn Texas " Blue " ??

    Lol ! We added more GOP seats. We're Redder than we were before.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    18,285

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    not according to the administration. it was a tax penalty they even went as far as standing up and saying that it wasn't a tax.
    yep they did and more will lose it as soon as the employor mandate goes into effect.

    they don't have to have a plan. things could have continued the way they were.
    And they way it was was so good?


  6. #136
    Sage
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    11,882

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Wrong.

    There's been stories all over the net for months and months about high premiums and deductibles. Just Google 'Obamacare high deductibles high premiums' .
    You know, even though my research indicates the ACA is working by my seeing many of the major stats seemingly trending in the right direction (if "costs rising less quickly" can be considered a 'trend in the right direction'), but I'm fully in agreement with you that the premiums & deductible are still too high for many, if not most, middle class families.

    However, I must make exception to your suggestion in support of your argument: "Just Google 'Obamacare high deductibles high premiums" .

    Because quite honestly, I can Google "Sightings of BigFoot" (I just did), and find tons of positive corroborating sources - but he hasn't showed-up in my back-yard yet!
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  7. #137
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,496

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Congratulations, Liberals, you got your wish, you get your personal healthcare paid for by the producers in this country. The least you can do is say thank you. Love seeing my tax dollars going to people who are overweight, drinkers, druggies, and in general never take care of themselves. What a great country!!
    you are more than welcome to leave it

    somalia would seem to be a place where you would have no such 'problems'
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

  8. #138
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,374

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Awful, they have to own this?

    Being insured and being able to afford treatment are two separate things. That is why disapproval remains high.

    If people can't use it or don't like it it doesn't matter how free it is.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 06-25-15 at 01:02 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #139
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,627

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    And another right wing attempt at judicial activism fails!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #140
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,496

    re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's fine. But the 17% is integrally related to the 83%. For every business in that 83%, access to and affordability of healthcare is a major, major operational issue. Small startups especially.
    which is why we should detach healthcare coverage from the workplace
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    The Democrats couldn't be more tone deaf if they had their eardrums incinerated with a hot poker.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Why confuse things with facts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •