Page 134 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1331
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,733

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yeah. Medicare is a purer form of socialism than the capitalist ACA!

    Other than that, let's all just note that your lack of understanding about the ACA and its deep involvement with Medicare shows that you have virtually no understanding about anything anyone has been discussing in this long,long thread.

    It just reminds me that opposition to the ACA correlates strongly with ignorance about the ACA.
    Your post reminds me of the very strong ignorance on the part of people like you regarding Medicare. Tell me Medicare reform was the reason you supported ACA? LOL, Medicare should never be part of ACA as it was a totally separate program funded by individuals and employers through payroll taxes.

  2. #1332
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,768

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Your post reminds me of the very strong ignorance on the part of people like you regarding Medicare. Tell me Medicare reform was the reason you supported ACA? LOL, Medicare should never be part of ACA as it was a totally separate program funded by individuals and employers through payroll taxes.
    So first you say the ACA has nothing to do with Medicare, and then you say the ACA SHOULD have had nothing to do with Medicare.

    Next I expect you to tell us that the government needs to keep its damn dirty hands out of your Medicare. LOL.

    8256957981_14daa3f988_o_d.jpg

    Once you wander off your boilerplate statements about 'liberals', you really have no clue what you're talking about. Amazing.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #1333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,733

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So first you say the ACA has nothing to do with Medicare, and then you say the ACA SHOULD have had nothing to do with Medicare.

    Next I expect you to tell us that the government needs to keep its damn dirty hands out of your Medicare. LOL.

    8256957981_14daa3f988_o_d.jpg

    Once you wander off your boilerplate statements about 'liberals', you really have no clue what you're talking about. Amazing.
    Yep, stand by both statements. Why don't you just admit who you are and admit you have no understanding of ACA or Medicare and want to link the two because that is the only way you can sell it or at least try to sell it because that will never happen with any Conservative or anyone else who understands personal responsibility, states' rights, and neighbor helping neighbor.

  4. #1334
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Medicare has nothing whatsoever to do with ACA, it was established as a retirement insurance program, ACA was created to insure the uninsured.
    Medicare has everything to do with the ACA. The ACA is not just a coverage program. It was a comprehensive health reform law. The coverage expansion and market reforms are Title I (and part of Title II). There are ten titles in total.

    The law also reformed Medicare and Medicaid, invested in developing/training more health care professionals, boosted the nation's public health and prevention infrastructure, sped up certain FDA approvals, etc.

    Medicare has been (and is being) reformed significantly to improve care quality and drive down cost growth nationwide. Preliminary results on both fronts have been promising. Again, see the bullets on policies that have slowed down Medicare cost growth above. All are policies enacted under the ACA.

  5. #1335
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,733

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Medicare has everything to do with the ACA. The ACA is not just a coverage program. It was a comprehensive health reform law. The coverage expansion and market reforms are Title I (and part of Title II). There are ten titles in total.

    The law also reformed Medicare and Medicaid, invested in developing/training more health care professionals, boosted the nation's public health and prevention infrastructure, sped up certain FDA approvals, etc.

    Medicare has been (and is being) reformed significantly to improve care quality and drive down cost growth nationwide. Preliminary results on both fronts have been promising. Again, see the bullets on policies that have slowed down Medicare cost growth above. All are policies enacted under the ACA.
    Just like a typical govt. employee or liberal who believes we need a massive Federal Entitlement program to solve a problem that is a personal responsibility issue as well as a state issue.

    That comprehensive Healthcare law as you call it will do exactly what all other entitlement programs have done, cost more than intended and do less than intended plus create more dependence. Medicare doesn't have to be reformed but rather have the money put back into the program when it was put on budget and spent on everything other than Medicare. You buy the liberal rhetoric and ignore the liberal results, why is that?

    Attached is the budget of the United States. Do you see any items on this list that are duplicated at the state level and other items that don't belong in the budget for daily operating expenses of the Federal Govt?

    https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsre...urrent_rpt.htm

  6. #1336
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just like a typical govt. employee or liberal who believes we need a massive Federal Entitlement program to solve a problem that is a personal responsibility issue as well as a state issue.
    How is improving hospital quality a "personal responsibility issue"? Or restoring market dynamics to the health insurance and care sectors? Or implementing better care delivery models? Or removing perverse incentives from provider reimbursement methodologies?

    Your slogans don't make any sense. Think before trying to shoehorn them in.

  7. #1337
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,768

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, stand by both statements. Why don't you just admit who you are and admit you have no understanding of ACA or Medicare and want to link the two because that is the only way you can sell it or at least try to sell it because that will never happen with any Conservative or anyone else who understands personal responsibility, states' rights, and neighbor helping neighbor.
    ............................................______ __
    ....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
    .............................,.-"..................................."-.,
    .........................,/...............................................":,
    .....................,?........................... ...........................,
    .................../.................................................. .........,}
    ................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}
    .............../.................................................. .,:"........./
    ..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../
    ............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`..... ..._/
    ..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
    ...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....} ............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|............ ..`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,.............. .............`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_......... .._,-%.......`
    ...................................,
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #1338
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,733

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    How is improving hospital quality a "personal responsibility issue"? Or restoring market dynamics to the health insurance and care sectors? Or implementing better care delivery models? Or removing perverse incentives from provider reimbursement methodologies?

    Your slogans don't make any sense. Think before trying to shoehorn them in.
    So please tell me how a Federal Govt. that has created an 18.2 trillion dollar debt is going to monitor hospital quality? It is amazing how the same people who were against the Bush Medicare Part D program are now so high on ACA. Medicare Part D did actually lower costs by putting people in charge of their healthcare expenses. Save money get a rebate.

    What doesn't make sense is your passion for another entitlement program when previous programs are full of waste, fraud, and abuse so now that wasn't enough for you so you support another one.

  9. #1339
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So please tell me how a Federal Govt. that has created an 18.2 trillion dollar debt is going to monitor hospital quality?
    Hospital Compare.

    This isn't hypothetical, it's real.

    It is amazing how the same people who were against the Bush Medicare Part D program are now so high on ACA. Medicare Part D did actually lower costs by putting people in charge of their healthcare expenses. Save money get a rebate.
    A government program can lower costs for people as long as market incentives are built into it? Wow, who knew.

    It's almost as if you just discredited every point you've ever made.

  10. #1340
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,733

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Hospital Compare.

    This isn't hypothetical, it's real.



    A government program can lower costs for people as long as market incentives are built into it? Wow, who knew.

    It's almost as if you just discredited every point you've ever made.
    What you don't understand is incentive and there is no incentive to lower costs on the part of the Federal Govt. as they print money. We have an 18.2 trillion dollar debt because of people like you buying the rhetoric and ignoring the results. All good entitlement programs started with good intentions but none of them ever reduced costs and simply create dependence. Get back to me with actual results but the problem is what happens if you are wrong?? Once created no govt. entitlement program ever goes away.

    I really don't care what articles you post because they are all projections. Projections are nothing more than the opinion of others. Results matter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •