Page 128 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1271
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Those other options really weren't available, except in a limited number of states and even in those states civil unions weren't equivalent to marriage. Those other options could have been available, but my own state's Constitutional amendment for example not only banned SSM in Tennessee but said that any such marriage in any other state was void in the state. Many states such as adjoining Virginia's banned civil unions, and any "union, partnership, or other legal status to which is assigned the rights, benefits, obligations, qualities, or effects of marriage."
    What is marriage? Why is it so important for two same sex individuals to have the term marriage to define their relationship? A civil union works quite well but malcontents have to change history and precedence.

    My company recognized civil unions, the Federal Govt. recognizes civil unions, raise the issue in your state and get civil unions recognized. Roberts nailed it on this one, this is an issue that never should have gotten to the Supreme Court to let Activist Justices decide. I hardly believe a 5-4 ruling is a ringing endorsement.

  2. #1272
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Decided to turn over a new leaf then.

    Nope, I've always have been on that side.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #1273
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And exactly what law is that? You believe in the Constitution so show me where marriage and Healthcare are mentioned?
    That's the trouble, and why the articles of confederation couldn't stand. There had to be leeway and the 10th amendment iis one place that allows that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #1274
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That's the trouble, and why the articles of confederation couldn't stand. There had to be leeway and the 10th amendment iis one place that allows that.
    And you don't have a problem with the Federal Govt. taking over more and more state responsibility to make us more like let's say Greece??

  5. #1275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And you don't have a problem with the Federal Govt. taking over more and more state responsibility to make us more like let's say Greece??
    Actually we helped Greece along with the housing bubble crash. But, I have no trouble with the federal government handling things too big for states.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1276
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually we helped Greece along with the housing bubble crash. But, I have no trouble with the federal government handling things too big for states.
    Yep the Federal Govt has no problem helping the people of Po-dunk TX or any other community by spending in the name of compassion more than the cost of actual compassion. You buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance.

  7. #1277
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep the Federal Govt has no problem helping the people of Po-dunk TX or any other community by spending in the name of compassion more than the cost of actual compassion. You buy the rhetoric and ignore the substance.
    Define compassion? Is it more compassionate to provide access to care or to let then suffer absent care?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #1278
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Define compassion? Is it more compassionate to provide access to care or to let then suffer absent care?
    Of course you do because you buy the rhetoric that the Federal Govt. can do it cheaper and better when history shows that never to be the case. I understand liberal compassion as it is thinking with the heart instead of the brain. Social problems under which healthcare falls are state and local responsibilities yet you believe a govt. that has created an 18.2 trillion dollar debt can do it better this time when they have failed in the past.

  9. #1279
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,808

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Of course you do because you buy the rhetoric that the Federal Govt. can do it cheaper and better when history shows that never to be the case. I understand liberal compassion as it is thinking with the heart instead of the brain. Social problems under which healthcare falls are state and local responsibilities yet you believe a govt. that has created an 18.2 trillion dollar debt can do it better this time when they have failed in the past.
    I asked you a question. Can you answer it?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #1280
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I asked you a question. Can you answer it?
    Yes, compassion is generating positive results from compassionate spending and actually solving a social problem making the problem go away

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •