Page 125 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1241
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,826

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    The current misery index is actually 5.2% (5.4% unemployment and a -0.2% inflation rate). Misery Index
    Thanks, Obama!
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #1242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    10-12-16 @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yeah, that is great it dropped 2 points under Obama and 9.6 under Reagan so obviously we need less Reagan and more Obama, LOL. What people like you do is read the headlines and ignore the content. Do you know what a discouraged worker is? How about what under employed means? That is the Obama economy and the low expectations of liberalism. You represent them well.
    You do realize that if the misery index were to drop 9.6 points under Obama, then we would have a negative misery index, right?

    I was not using the misery index as some proof of how well Obama has done because I only just learned about the misery index today. I was just pointing out a statement you made that was factually inaccurate about the misery index.

    As for your little divergence towards a discussion of discouraged and underemployed workers, I would note that yes, I do understand those terms and those those workers, as measured by the U-6 unemployment rate has dropped from a height of 17.1% at its height in 2009 to 10.5% (with 0.3% of that drop occurring in the last month alone), a rate that is lower than the rate inherited by Obama.

  3. #1243
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    You do realize that if the misery index were to drop 9.6 points under Obama, then we would have a negative misery index, right?

    I was not using the misery index as some proof of how well Obama has done because I only just learned about the misery index today. I was just pointing out a statement you made that was factually inaccurate about the misery index.

    As for your little divergence towards a discussion of discouraged and underemployed workers, I would note that yes, I do understand those terms and those those workers, as measured by the U-6 unemployment rate has dropped from a height of 17.1% at its height in 2009 to 10.5% (with 0.3% of that drop occurring in the last month alone), a rate that is lower than the rate inherited by Obama.
    The issue is the severity of the 81-82 recession vs. what you and others call the Great Recession of 07-09 but then again that is typical liberal diversion.

    As for the unemployment rate dropping, did that happen after the Obama stimulus or after the GOP Took the House and then Congress? Isn't a stimulus supposed to be a short term economic policy to stimulate economic growth and job creation? Can you explain how Obama inherited 142 million working Americans and two years later and two years after the signing and passage of the Stimulus the employment was 139 million? Is that the kind of economic success you attribute to Obama and his stimulus? Isn't the U.S. Private sector economy great. Suggest you give more credit to incentive and the private sector than Obama and his failed policies that delayed recovery.

  4. #1244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    10-12-16 @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The issue is the severity of the 81-82 recession vs. what you and others call the Great Recession of 07-09 but then again that is typical liberal diversion.

    As for the unemployment rate dropping, did that happen after the Obama stimulus or after the GOP Took the House and then Congress? Isn't a stimulus supposed to be a short term economic policy to stimulate economic growth and job creation? Can you explain how Obama inherited 142 million working Americans and two years later and two years after the signing and passage of the Stimulus the employment was 139 million? Is that the kind of economic success you attribute to Obama and his stimulus? Isn't the U.S. Private sector economy great. Suggest you give more credit to incentive and the private sector than Obama and his failed policies that delayed recovery.
    I would suggest you be less willing to denigrate Obama and his supposed job killing policies when nearly all of the economic indicators suggest otherwise. As for the reason for a total decrease in jobs, I would point to increased productivity amongst those workers who were not fired during the Great Recession and computer automation replacing millions of jobs as the primary reasons - neither of those are the result of Obama's policies.

  5. #1245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,496

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you failed to recognize or acknowledge is the reality that some banks were forced into taking TARP meaning that the financial crisis wasn't nationwide or all banks suffering the same way. Keep believing what you are told and ignoring reality.
    You quoted Bank of America claiming they didn't need TARP. The DATA show of course they didn't because they borrowed $280 Billion from Uncle Fed. They didn't need the Treasury bailout because they got a Fed bailout 10 TIMES BIGGER, and that bailout was private.

    The only reason they complained about TARP is that came with strings on how big their exorbitant bonuses could be. The Fed just handed them the money, no strings at all, in what was intended to be total secrecy. Of course lying, sniveling, corrupt bankers preferred the latter.

  6. #1246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    10-12-16 @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The issue is the severity of the 81-82 recession vs. what you and others call the Great Recession of 07-09 but then again that is typical liberal diversion..

    If you are attempting to compare the severity of the Great Recession to the Recession experienced in the early 1980s, then I would note the drop in GDP from the Great Recession was -4.3% and the GDP drop from the early 1980s recession was -2.7%. When you take into account the difference in the size of the GDP during those two time periods (14.7 trillion and 3.2 trillion respectively), then the argument that the early 1980s recession was worse becomes a laughable proposition at best.

    Edit: Also laughable is an allegation of "typical liberal diversions" from someone who has shifted a forum thread devoted to the Supreme Court upholding ACA subsidies into a discussion of Recession economics.
    Last edited by MrT; 07-06-15 at 10:44 AM.

  7. #1247
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    I would suggest you be less willing to denigrate Obama and his supposed job killing policies when nearly all of the economic indicators suggest otherwise. As for the reason for a total decrease in jobs, I would point to increased productivity amongst those workers who were not fired during the Great Recession and computer automation replacing millions of jobs as the primary reasons - neither of those are the result of Obama's policies.
    The economic indicators as you want to discuss show 142 million employed when Obama took office and 139 million two years later after the Stimulus was implemented. You should be praising the private sector economy that grew in spite of Obama but took time to overcome his incompetence. I know it really excites you to see so many full time part time employees because that lowers the unemployment rate and the high number of discouraged workers, still higher than the average during the Bush term but declining because of the private sector not Obama.

  8. #1248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You quoted Bank of America claiming they didn't need TARP. The DATA show of course they didn't because they borrowed $280 Billion from Uncle Fed. They didn't need the Treasury bailout because they got a Fed bailout 10 TIMES BIGGER, and that bailout was private.

    The only reason they complained about TARP is that came with strings on how big their exorbitant bonuses could be. The Fed just handed them the money, no strings at all, in what was intended to be total secrecy. Of course lying, sniveling, corrupt bankers preferred the latter.
    I posted an article from CNN Money and you picked out BOA ignoring the fact that others were mentioned as well. If one bank was the only bank still shows that the crisis wasn't national in scale but rather still not what you and others want to claim. What TARP did was reward bad behavior but it is credited with saving the banks and the economy, nothing that Obama did. I wasn't for TARP as I understand with poor choices should come failure.

  9. #1249
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,807

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by MrT View Post
    If you are attempting to compare the severity of the Great Recession to the Recession experienced in the early 1980s, then I would note the drop in GDP from the Great Recession was -4.3% and the GDP drop from the early 1980s recession was -2.7%. When you take into account the difference in the size of the GDP during those two time periods (14.7 trillion and 3.2 trillion respectively), then the argument that the early 1980s recession was worse becomes a laughable proposition at best.

    Edit: Also laughable is an allegation of "typical liberal diversions" from someone who has shifted a forum thread devoted to the Supreme Court upholding ACA subsidies into a discussion of Recession economics.
    I love people like you picking up the liberal term Great Recession and ignoring a much worse one in 1981-82. Then you point to numbers to prove your point ignoring economic policies and leadership. There is a reason the numbers were worse longer under this recession and that is because of poor leadership and incompetence of Obama. Do you realize that GDP was overstated by the 842 Billion Obama stimulus? Take that out of the 2.8 trillion Obama economic growth in almost 7 years and you can see how stagnant the Obama economy is.

  10. #1250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Last Seen
    10-12-16 @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,849

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The economic indicators as you want to discuss show 142 million employed when Obama took office and 139 million two years later after the Stimulus was implemented. You should be praising the private sector economy that grew in spite of Obama but took time to overcome his incompetence. I know it really excites you to see so many full time part time employees because that lowers the unemployment rate and the high number of discouraged workers, still higher than the average during the Bush term but declining because of the private sector not Obama.
    Well look there, the total number of employed has continued to increase and currently sits about SIX MILLION above the point when Obama took office.

    US Employment and Jobs | Department of Numbers

    Edit: So that is the second time (at least), in the span of an hour, that you have lied about the economic indicators in order to help support your argument.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •