Page 119 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1181
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So how has ACA lowered those costs in 2009-2010 before it was even passed?
    I seem to remember something major happened with the economy in 2009.

    Gee. What was it?

    Maybe that had something to do with it?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #1182
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I seem to remember something major happened with the economy in 2009.

    Gee. What was it?

    Maybe that had something to do with it?
    So then ACA had nothing to do with it, thanks

  3. #1183
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,623

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I seem to remember something major happened with the economy in 2009.

    Gee. What was it?

    Maybe that had something to do with it?
    I am also having problems remembering exactly what that was but Conservative has ensured us that the slowdown in medical inflation is due to a growing economy so, obviously, 2009 must have been a year of remarkable economic growth
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #1184
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I am also having problems remembering exactly what that was but Conservative has ensured us that the slowdown in medical inflation is due to a growing economy so, obviously, 2009 must have been a year of remarkable economic growth
    Yep, forgot that people don't get sick during a recession and all those people who lost their jobs didn't go to the ER's for treatment either. Guess ACA is a waste of money and time, isn't it.

  5. #1185
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,623

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yep, forgot that people don't get sick during a recession and all those people who lost their jobs didn't go to the ER's for treatment either. Guess ACA is a waste of money and time, isn't it.
    Of course they get sick during a recession and the unemployed go to ER's for treatment. That's why those two had nothing to do with decrease in medical inflation in 2009. It must have been all that economic growth in 2009 that accounted for the decrease.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #1186
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I am also having problems remembering exactly what that was but Conservative has ensured us that the slowdown in medical inflation is due to a growing economy so, obviously, 2009 must have been a year of remarkable economic growth
    Yes. Conservative understands that good economies somehow correlate with lower healthcare spending (wtf?), so a massive economic crash would have actually increased spending, right?


    It's confusing, but I know that if something is bad, it's all Obamas fault, and if it's good, credit the upstanding conservative principles in place.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #1187
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yes. Conservative understands that good economies somehow correlate with lower healthcare spending (wtf?), so a massive economic crash would have actually increased spending, right?


    It's confusing, but I know that if something is bad, it's all Obamas fault, and if it's good, credit the upstanding conservative principles in place.
    Isn't it great that we have ACA now to provide those cost savings that occurred without ACA?

    What really is confusing is why people like you still believe Obama has been good for the country? Guess liberals really do have very low standards

  8. #1188
    Randian PUA
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,623

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Isn't it great that we have ACA now to provide those cost savings that occurred without ACA?
    Even better was the economic expansion of 2009 that finally slowed down medical inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #1189
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Even better was the economic expansion of 2009 that finally slowed down medical inflation.
    You mean compared to the disastrous economy in the 90s thru 2007?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #1190
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,860

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So how has ACA lowered those costs in 2009-2010 before it was even passed?
    The bab economy did lower health care costs in 2009 -2010. We were in the beginning of the worst recession since the Great Depression.
    People with co pays and deductibles put off elective surgery, things like knee and hip replacements, and a lot of regular doctors visits to save money.

    The was stim package that jump started ACA computerizing medical records also helped to lower health care costs.
    Last edited by minnie616; 07-05-15 at 09:50 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •