Page 115 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1141
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    First, I never claimed that there are not working poor. Second, I did not claim that anybody and everybody who works full time can afford healthcare. And while healthcare reform was needed, the actual number of Americans who cannot afford healthcare has gone up dramatically since obamacare has become the law. Technically, more may be insured, however what's the use of having insurance that you cannot take advantage of?
    Evidence for that?

    There is such a thing as applying for medicaid if they are truly poor.
    Many who are "truly poor" don't qualify for Medicaid.

    I don't really care what you think about the ACA - I know you're opposed. But what you should do is base your opinions on the facts and if you want to keep insisting on that despite me showing you that you're wrong, can you come up with something to support your view?

    If not it looks to me like facts just aren't necessary for you - you'll believe what you want, and facts just get in the way of a good ideology.


    I have other examples that do not include disabled workers of great intellect, however I suspect that you get the point. That point is that not every disabled person is helpless and many are quite successful if they do not let their handicaps define their lives.
    I agree with your point there, but the actual observation is many disabled can be successful, many more cannot. Many of the poor are poor because they made bad decisions, others didn't. And they ALL need healthcare, so what's the point of blaming them in this thread?

    And obamacare is making it incredibly worse. However my point still stands. Those who are truly poor do qualify for medicaid.....before and since obamacare.
    There are no "ifs", "ands", or "buts" to that point.
    There are actually quite a few "ifs" ands and buts to that last point. I've shown you who qualifies in Tennessee and "poor" isn't actually a category on its own. Poor AND pregnant? Yes. Poor AND disabled, yes. Poor AND taking care of minor childrent, yes. Poor? No.

    If you think I'm wrong, Google is your friend. But it's tiring arguing against "my gut tells me your FACTS are wrong."

  2. #1142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Except they do not include relevant taxes as a cost.
    Yes, "they" do.


  3. #1143
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Yes, "they" do.
    That literally does not show the taxes.

  4. #1144
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    The left does not want to hear about such things as costs to the taxpayers. They just one to go on thinking they are getting something for free.
    Which costs? I've looked at costs which is how I know admin costs are very high here. And I know healthcare isn't free.

  5. #1145
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I know the admin costs in single payer systems are a small fraction of our system with a hospital billing maybe dozens or hundreds of different insurers, different rates negotiated with each one, different billing systems, etc. Bottom line is the rest of the world spends FAR less than we do, and there are no uninsured....
    What you know are opinions and biased ones at that. Billing is not the major part of the problem waste, fraud, and abuse are much more significant. What is it going to take for you to realize that the Federal Govt. is not the answer to the healthcare issue and never will be with any social issue?

    You base your opinions mostly on what the rest of the world does. This isn't like the rest of the world. How do you know what they put into healthcare costs?

  6. #1146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    That literally does not show the taxes.
    I'm not playing with trolls. If you want to present data showing the "relevant taxes" then do so. Otherwise I have better things to do than play word games with you.

    The "relevant taxes" for healthcare spending are equal to (or less than in the case of deficits) public spending on healthcare.

  7. #1147
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    If you want to present data showing the "relevant taxes" then do so.
    You disagree that there are taxes specifically for the healthcare?

  8. #1148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you know are opinions and biased ones at that. Billing is not the major part of the problem waste, fraud, and abuse are much more significant. What is it going to take for you to realize that the Federal Govt. is not the answer to the healthcare issue and never will be with any social issue?

    You base your opinions mostly on what the rest of the world does. This isn't like the rest of the world. How do you know what they put into healthcare costs?
    I've looked at a number of estimates from a variety of sources, expressed as PPP or % of GDP or nominal spending adjusted for different currencies. The pictures look the same no matter how it's done.

    If you have other data, please show it.

  9. #1149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,342

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    You disagree that there are taxes specifically for the healthcare?
    Yeah, OK, I see you're just trolling here. Good day.

  10. #1150
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    It was smart of you quit, especially since you lack the ability to understand how taxes are used for funding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •