Page 112 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1111
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    09-20-15 @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,384

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    Austerity is exactly the wrong response to a recession.
    Which countries used actual austerity?

  2. #1112
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,689

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    No, it doesn't ignore reason. Or at least it doesn't have to. For example, Kant was a hyper-rational ideologue. He believed that he reasoned out a set of abstract principles that trump pragmatic reality. Same with Hobbes. Etc.

    What it ignores, to the extent that it can, is factual, practical, matters. It can't totally ignore those either though, since it ultimately needs to implement its principles in reality.

    You've never read a civics text have you?

    And nothing ever out of the Obama camp, Clinton either has ever been factual. You lose your argument based on what is real now, today, happening in the white house, noit your imagination.
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. #1113
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    You've never read a civics text have you?
    Yes, I obviously know way more about this stuff than you do, so maybe just drop the attitude.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    And nothing ever out of the Obama camp, Clinton either has ever been factual. You lose your argument based on what is real now, today, happening in the white house, noit your imagination.
    I think I see the problem... You're confusing stuff Limbaugh or whoever tells you with reality. That stuff is only pretend.

  4. #1114
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,689

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    That just isn't remotely true. As a matter of fact, Obama is beating the other western European countries by the widest margin any president in modern times has:


    gdp relative to nato

    At this point, it isn't even very controversial how we pulled that off- we went with a liberal response to the recession and Europe went with a conservative response. We stimulated the economy and they rolled out austerity. Austerity is exactly the wrong response to a recession.

    Again, I get that conservatives assume liberal policies don't work, but factually, it is clear that they do. That's why the experts, in this case economists, overwhelmingly agree with the liberals.
    Oh, now I get it.

    a memeist, hyperbole out of the white house basement.

    Please enjoy your trolling and disinformation...we've had seven years of it and it's really ****ing boring.

    I hate liars and Obama is one making every one of his followers liars as well.

    "You can keep your plan..." yeah that proves "liberal" is truth!
    "Small people talk about people, average people talk about events, great people talk about ideas" Eleanor Roosevelt

  5. #1115
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Which countries used actual austerity?
    Pretty much the entire EU.

  6. #1116
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Oh, now I get it.

    a memeist, hyperbole out of the white house basement.

    Please enjoy your trolling and disinformation...we've had seven years of it and it's really ****ing boring.

    I hate liars and Obama is one making every one of his followers liars as well.

    "You can keep your plan..." yeah that proves "liberal" is truth!
    I'm posting data and sources to back up what I'm saying. You're just hurling random, ignorant, insults. And you think I'm the one who is trolling? It doesn't seem like you understand what that word means.

  7. #1117
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    That just isn't remotely true. As a matter of fact, Obama is beating the other western European countries by the widest margin any president in modern times has:


    gdp relative to nato

    At this point, it isn't even very controversial how we pulled that off- we went with a liberal response to the recession and Europe went with a conservative response. We stimulated the economy and they rolled out austerity. Austerity is exactly the wrong response to a recession.

    Again, I get that conservatives assume liberal policies don't work, but factually, it is clear that they do. That's why the experts, in this case economists, overwhelmingly agree with the liberals.
    What really bothers me is how little you know about GDP and the components of GDP in this country vs. the European economy. Please figure it out and then you will see why the European economy and model that liberals want is so flawed.

  8. #1118
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Because liberalism is all about intent, intent to better serve people, intent that never leads to solving a problem but rather creating more and bigger problems along with more people dependent.
    I'm not talking about liberalism or intent. I'm talking about what's actually happening (friendly reminder: this is costing less than promised):

    U.S. hospitals make fewer serious errors; 50,000 lives saved
    About 50,000 people are alive today because U.S. hospitals committed 17 percent fewer medical errors in 2013 than in 2010, government health officials said on Tuesday.

    The lower rate of fatalities from poor care and mistakes was one of several "historic improvements" in hospital quality and safety measured by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. They included a 9 percent decline in the rate of hospital-acquired conditions such as infections, bedsores and pneumonia from 2012 to 2013.
    More than 1,200 hospitals named Joint Commission 'Top Performers'
    The number of hospitals that made the Joint Commission's “Top Performer” list increased again this year, even with the addition of new measures. A total of 1,224 U.S. hospitals made the annual list, which recognizes accredited facilities for outcomes on key quality measures reported the previous year.
    Medicare ACO quality, savings improve in second year
    Medicare's Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) improved in both quality and savings in their second year, according to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Medicare ACOs improved substantially in nearly every quality and patient experience measure, according to CMS. Moreover, ACOs in the Pioneer model and the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) saved a total of almost $400 million.
    More hospitals will get value-based purchasing bonuses than penalties in 2015
    CMS on Thursday announced that more hospitals will get bonuses than penalties under the Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) program in fiscal year (FY) 2015.

    FY 2015 is the third year of the VBP program, which affects Medicare inpatient reimbursements based on hospitals' performance on quality and patient experience measures.
    Readmission rate continues to drop for Medicare beneficiaries
    The all-cause 30-day readmission rate for Medicare beneficiaries continued its downward trend, dropping to 17.5% through the end of 2013, according to an HHS report released Wednesday. That's down from the most recent numbers, published in December on the CMS' blog, showing a readmission rate hovering just under 18% during the first eight months of 2013. The Medicare all-cause readmission rates had held stubbornly around the 19% mark from 2007 to 2011, before dipping to 18.5% in 2012.
    Practices Increasing PCMH Capacities for Chronic Patients
    Medical practices have significantly increased the implementation of patient-centered medical home (PCMH) practices over time to try and provide better care for patients with chronic illnesses, according to an article published online January 5 in Health Affairs. . .

    Although some incentives existed during the earlier surveys for practices to expand services for chronic care, incentives provided through the Affordable Care Act ... apply to the latest survey.

    The survey contained questions on care coordination or integration, quality and safety of care, and enhanced access to care.
    Trends in Hospital-based Population Health Infrastructure
    Most notably, the Affordable Care Act implicitly and explicitly promotes a population health management approach to care delivery. Not only does this legislation expand health insurance to a majority of the United States population, it compels hospitals to address the socioeconomic, behavioral and environmental factors that affect people before hospital admission and after discharge. The ACA is accelerating the shift of reimbursement models from fee-for-service to value-based, a structure that promotes better health outcomes, improved quality of care, illness prevention and coordination across the continuum of care. Care systems are now being held accountable for the health of their patient population and are responsible for implementing health improvement strategies to address community health needs.

  9. #1119
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,706

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Wow, and all this because of ACA, a program passed in 2010 and not fully implemented yet? Because you believe we need this new entitlement program it therefore is necessary and we couldn't have reformed healthcare without it? So if you are wrong about costs and benefits just like with SS and Medicare what then? Shouldn't we solve the SS and Medicare problem first before implementing another entitlement program?

  10. #1120
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,154

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wow, and all this because of ACA, a program passed in 2010 and not fully implemented yet?
    Yes, it is. Those pieces of the ACA launched shortly after the law passed in 2010. They are fully implemented; 4-5 years into implementation in most cases.

    Others have pointed this out but this fact really needs to sink in: your ignorance of this law is staggering.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •