Page 107 of 154 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1061
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    No, because Medicare was underfunded. It has, however, resulted in improved solvency for Medicare...

    Medicare Is Not
    Medicare, Social Security march toward insolvency | TheHill
    Trustees Project An Additional 4 Years Of Solvency For Medicare | Kaiser Health News

    ... which means you are less likely to have a tax increase...
    Since Medicare is on budget and trillions in unfunded liabilities how do you know money wasn't taken from the account? You believe what you are told but your ignorance of governmental accounting is staggering.

  2. #1062
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    And from the vapid endless string of GOP bumper sticker slogans you reel off (apparently without regard for what you're responding to), one might assume you report directly to Reince Priebus



    The employer mandate is pending for about 7-8 million employees. The other 100+ million employees it applies to have been living under it for the better part of a year. Society didn't collapse. And apparently folks you didn't even notice it's been implemented for the overwhelming majority.
    And taking victory laps over something that has been implemented for a year or less is quite interesting. You people are amazing and obviously work for the govt. or Obama because you think you are dealing with the Gruber Democrat. Creating another entitlement program on top of a country 18.2 trillion dollars in debt is absolute insanity but then that is what liberal economics really is, doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result

  3. #1063
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,437

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Ok, so facts are optional in your world. I knew that. You can see the list of those who qualify here:

    https://www.tn.gov/tenncare/article/tenncare-medicaid



    Don't like that? Here's the state summary:



    The charity has about 70 guys, all of them poor, most of them working. Almost none of them qualify for Medicaid unless they are classified as disabled. So it doesn't matter much what you "buy" that is what the program covers.
    I still don't buy it. Your links are not the complete picture. Even before obamacare, those in Tennesee earning 106% of the federal poverty level or lower qualified for medicaid. Any of those guys in your group of 70 that are truly poor qualified for medicaid even before Obamacare. If they still cannot make ends meet, how much a month do they spend on vices like tobacco, booze, recreational use of drugs, etc? You link points out that 1.3 million in the state are covered by medicaid. There population of the state is only around 6.5 million.

  4. #1064
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,437

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by tuhaybey View Post
    No, you categorically dismissed studies about healthcare in general. You're dismissing them because you know that studies in general don't support your stance- based on the conclusions they reach, not the way they get there.
    What you refuse to accept that unlike you....studies are not my master. You are accepting the studies merely because they agree with your point of view. There are studies that go both ways on any given issue. Healthcare included. I am betting that you are not on board with those that you disagree with.

  5. #1065
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,437

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    ...actually, the PPACA is delivering results in many of the areas promised. Of course the PPACA needs tweaking. All major legislation does. My point, however, was to state its time for the Republicans to realize its here to stay and work to fix what they don't like, as the idea of it ever being repealed is fantasy.
    I guarantee you that PPACA is not here to stay. The only question is when it goes. It will either die by repeal or it will fall under it's own weight. As for tweaking, the only tweaking that will make it work, will also in effect repeal it. The mandate to buy insurance will have to go. The employer mandate will have to go. And while some ACA additions such as pre-existing conditions can somehow be worked out, the minimum level of insurance the ACA enforces is batsh*t insane. They will have to lighten up on those requirements and let the insured shop around and decide how much insurance they want to buy.

  6. #1066
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,437

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    They did not take money from Medicare.... instead, the PPACA mandated reforms in Medicare, namely moving from a pay per services model to a pay for results model, that are to create savings in Medicare. The $726B that was consistently talked about in the last election were that anticipated savings of these reforms.
    In your own way, you just tacitly admitted that obamacare did take money from Medicare. It's quite amusing that you are referring to a cutting of funds as savings.

  7. #1067
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    And taking victory laps over something that has been implemented for a year or less is quite interesting.
    The new markets have been open for nearly two years, but my primary interest is in the improvements to quality and care delivery that have been going on for 4-5 years now. Health care in America has been reinventing itself--for the better--for half a decade now. You might want to tune in at some point.

  8. #1068
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    What you refuse to accept that unlike you....studies are not my master. You are accepting the studies merely because they agree with your point of view. There are studies that go both ways on any given issue. Healthcare included. I am betting that you are not on board with those that you disagree with.
    I'm a liberal. We pretty much always side with the consensus of the experts in any given area. Conservatives are driven by ideology. Ideology sometimes matches up with the facts and sometimes not. So, sometimes conservatives are on the same side of an issue as the experts and sometimes not. Liberals are pragmatists. Pragmatists decide which side of an issue to be on by looking at the facts, the practical effects on the real world, the evidence, etc. So, we pretty much side with the facts and experts. Issues where conservatives align with the experts are not politically controversial. The politically controversial issues are where conservative ideology and practical reality diverge, so on politically controversial issues, liberals always are aligned with the experts and conservatives never are. You haven't noticed that yet?

  9. #1069
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,800

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    The new markets have been open for nearly two years, but my primary interest is in the improvements to quality and care delivery that have been going on for 4-5 years now. Health care in America has been reinventing itself--for the better--for half a decade now. You might want to tune in at some point.
    Not sure if you know....but he doesn't believe 'quality' was part of the ACA.

    He doesn't need fancy studied or 'facts' to know this. He knows it from his gut.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #1070
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,445

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    I still don't buy it. Your links are not the complete picture. Even before obamacare, those in Tennesee earning 106% of the federal poverty level or lower qualified for medicaid. Any of those guys in your group of 70 that are truly poor qualified for medicaid even before Obamacare. If they still cannot make ends meet, how much a month do they spend on vices like tobacco, booze, recreational use of drugs, etc? You link points out that 1.3 million in the state are covered by medicaid. There population of the state is only around 6.5 million.
    You don't buy it because your ignorant gut tells you something else. But your gut is wrong. If you don't like my links, find your own that demonstrate a different reality. I won't wait up for that.

    If you go here you can find enrollment data. Men age 21-65 are only 10% of the Tenncare population. Kids are 55%, women (these are the pregnant and mostly single mothers) are 27%. The rest are seniors.

    And that 145,000 men are either getting SSI, aka disabled and receiving Federal benefits for their disability, or they are single dads or in a low income family with children. There just isn't a category for "poor" - if you're just "poor" you're SOL.

    I get it - when I learned this it surprised me too, but what I KNOW is almost none of the guys in our rehab center (they spend $0.00 on alcohol or rec. drugs btw) qualify for Tenncare. They work, earn low wages, get no health benefits from their jobs for the most part, and when they need medical care they go to the ER or the incredibly overburdened two free clinics in the area. I've seen it for years.

    And the state covers almost half of all children which you saw in the link, because we're a poor state. And we cover lots of poor women because we are a poor state. Wages are low, and lots of employers don't offer benefits. An employer's dream.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •