Page 106 of 154 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1534

Thread: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

  1. #1051
    Sage
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,218

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Well, he feels that the ACA is bad.

    He doesn't know facts or details, but he feels it in his gut. And we all know, guts are truthier than brains.
    This should help us to all better understand how some people get to that place.......


    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  2. #1052
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Well, he feels that the ACA is bad.

    He doesn't know facts or details, but he feels it in his gut. And we all know, guts are truthier than brains.
    Since you cannot point to a successful Federal Entitlement program unless you call success being trillions in unfunded liabilities and costs that continue to explode being a success, then nothing you say matters because it is all your opinion ignoring history and reality

  3. #1053
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    This should help us to all better understand how some people get to that place.......

    Nothing either of you posts addresses my response.

  4. #1054
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,800

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Since you cannot point to a successful Federal Entitlement program unless you call success being trillions in unfunded liabilities and costs that continue to explode being a success, then nothing you say matters because it is all your opinion ignoring history and reality
    Get back to me when you figure out where Quality is in the ACA.

    Because your posts are mostly inane boilerplate Conservative blather unrelated to the topic.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #1055
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,744

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    I will wait for history to provide proof of what I posted. All social programs were created with good intentions but all go astray over time for they are managed by bureaucrats with no incentive to generate quality

  6. #1056
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,125

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will wait for history to provide proof of what I posted. All social programs were created with good intentions but all go astray over time for they are managed by bureaucrats with no incentive to generate quality
    There is no incentive for any government official to make these programs work. The incentive is to make them bigger, to make them spend more, and to make people more reliant on government, the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

    There should be controls on every single one of these programs to have them expire or be reformed after every few years. Instead, they are open ended and allowed to go on forever, and the worse they get, the harder they are to get rid of. What do you think Social Security would look like if it needed to be renewed every 8 years? I can guarantee it would not be headed for an implosion like it is now.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #1057
    Quantum sufficit


    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,800

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I will wait for history to provide proof of what I posted. All social programs were created with good intentions but all go astray over time for they are managed by bureaucrats with no incentive to generate quality
    So you're saying there WAS extensive quality measures put into the ACA?


    Dont know why you wouldnt actually type those words.

    Or are you sticking with the wingnut fantasy that quality wasnt addressed in Obamacare?
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  8. #1058
    Guru
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,156

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have to believe some here work for the govt. and are here to sell Obamacare and continue to fool some very good people.
    And from the vapid endless string of GOP bumper sticker slogans you reel off (apparently without regard for what you're responding to), one might assume you report directly to Reince Priebus

    Obamacare hasn't been fully implemented yet but deductibles are increasing, people have lost their plan and their doctors, and taxes have been increased making the program look better than it truly is or will be. The employer mandate hasn't been implemented yet but big govt.
    The employer mandate is pending for about 7-8 million employees. The other 100+ million employees it applies to have been living under it for the better part of a year. Society didn't collapse. And apparently folks you didn't even notice it's been implemented for the overwhelming majority.

  9. #1059
    Sage
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,866

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Did these cost saving reforms result in lower Medicare taxation?
    No, because Medicare was underfunded. It has, however, resulted in improved solvency for Medicare...

    Medicare Is Not
    Medicare, Social Security march toward insolvency | TheHill
    Trustees Project An Additional 4 Years Of Solvency For Medicare | Kaiser Health News

    ... which means you are less likely to have a tax increase...

  10. #1060
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    07-18-15 @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    731

    Re: Supreme Court Upholds Obama Health Care Subsidies[W:700]

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    Well, it wasn't simply Republicans that were trying "to spin that as if the ACA cut the budget for Medicare for awhile", it was the CBO in their early estimates of the costs of the PPACA when they wrote:

    http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/fil...egislation.pdf

    Of course, the "savings" and "deficit reduction" of the PPACA disappeared as later CBO estimates show. Currently the law will cost $140 billion a year. The "cuts" that were supposed to take place in Medicare were to be cuts in payments but Congress, as most expected, cancelled those cuts. Smoke and Mirrors. Medicare spending actually grew by 25.3% over the past 5 years, which is a greater increase that the 18.9% increase in private insurance and 20.2% increase in overall health care spending.
    No, that's what I was saying- it didn't cut the budget for Medicare, it saved Medicare money. The ACA subsidies reduced some of the need for Medicare and so forth.

    No, the deficit reduction absolutely did not disappear. For some reason Republicans have been continually claiming that the deficit reduction disappeared, or even that the CBO no longer will reduce the deficit, but that isn't remotely true. In fact, the CBO has confirmed many times, including recently, that it is reducing the deficit. What the Republicans are playing off is confusion about the difference between spending and deficits. Spending was higher than expected, but so were revenues, so it actually reduced the deficits a bit more than the CBO projected.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •