Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    So this is what happened? Looks like Freddy's family is going to be rich and some police officers are going to jail.



    Freddie Gray not the first to come out of Baltimore police van with serious injuries - Baltimore Sun
    Yeah, if you're in the back of a van and it brakes hard, that's a guaranteed death sentence unless you're wearing a seatbelt. That's why school busses all have seat belts....kids would be dropping like flies

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,749

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Not only that... I would imagine that they would have to prove that the van did "violently decelerate" with the intent to cause harm to the subjects inside rather than to avoid a sudden road hazard.
    the autopsy pretty much proves what happened. the corner pretty much put a death nail in the defenses case by ruling it a homicide.
    those police officers are responsible for the health and well being of the people they arrest.

    this guy was killed in their van due to his head slamming into the wall at great force. only that which could be caused by negligent driving.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the autopsy pretty much proves what happened. the corner pretty much put a death nail in the defenses case by ruling it a homicide.
    those police officers are responsible for the health and well being of the people they arrest.

    this guy was killed in their van due to his head slamming into the wall at great force. only that which could be caused by negligent driving.
    Nothing you said is logical.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the autopsy pretty much proves what happened.
    The autopsy proves an injury happened. Not how it happened.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the corner pretty much put a death nail in the defenses case by ruling it a homicide.

    No it doesn't. Homicide does not mean a criminal act occurred.
    Nor does such a ruling mean that a jury would accept the designation.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    those police officers are responsible for the health and well being of the people they arrest.
    Not always for acts that incurred by accident and those cause by the individual their self.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    this guy was killed in their van due to his head slamming into the wall at great force. only that which could be caused by negligent driving.
    Simply wrong.
    This could have happened during normal driving, not negligent driving, nor do they have any such evidence that we know of to even suggest negligent driving.
    But we do have evidence that Gray, on his own volition, was moving around in the back, banging around and causing the van to rock.
    He very well could have lost his balance because of his choice to bang around and rock the van, and simply fell slamming his head.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #44
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,729

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    the autopsy pretty much proves what happened. the corner pretty much put a death nail in the defenses case by ruling it a homicide.
    those police officers are responsible for the health and well being of the people they arrest.

    this guy was killed in their van due to his head slamming into the wall at great force. only that which could be caused by negligent driving.
    An Autopsy doesn't prove that the van did anything. It proves that the BODY did something. Whether the cause twas the van, or twas the human controlling the body is undetermined. He ruled it a homicide for obvious reasons. How can you say something was "accidental" but then rule it a homicide anyways?
    How can a head slaming into a wall at great force ONLY be caused by negligent driving... and not from the guy standing up and slamming his own head into the wall....
    Think Im kidding? I can't recall the amount of times I had to rip-hobble and very tightly seat belt people in the back of a patrol car while cuffed behind their back for such activities.

    Im not say "THIS IS WHAT HE DID". Im saying that your narrow minded view of the subject is telling of your motivations and bias in this case.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,749

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    An Autopsy doesn't prove that the van did anything. It proves that the BODY did something. Whether the cause twas the van, or twas the human controlling the body is undetermined. He ruled it a homicide for obvious reasons. How can you say something was "accidental" but then rule it a homicide anyways?
    How can a head slaming into a wall at great force ONLY be caused by negligent driving... and not from the guy standing up and slamming his own head into the wall....
    Think Im kidding? I can't recall the amount of times I had to rip-hobble and very tightly seat belt people in the back of a patrol car while cuffed behind their back for such activities.

    Im not say "THIS IS WHAT HE DID". Im saying that your narrow minded view of the subject is telling of your motivations and bias in this case.
    even if he did it to himself the police were still negligent in securing him.
    if he was able to stand up and do it to himself he was not properly secured and they were negligent.

    if he was properly secured like they say he was then the only other thing that can do that type of damage is negligent driving.
    since there is a past history of complaints with this police department for this very thing then one has to looking that it is very big possibility.

    they just went to far this time and someone died.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    even if he did it to himself the police were still negligent in securing him.
    if he was able to stand up and do it to himself he was not properly secured and they were negligent.
    No.
    1. Just a few days earlier there was an exception for Officer safety. If they were not properly informed of the change there was no negligence. And all this incident has shown is that there should be an exception for Officer safety.
    2. Then we have his contribution to the accident. He should have stayed laying down as he was placed instead of banging around and causing the van to rock.
    3. And not securing does not equate to a criminal charge.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    if he was properly secured like they say he was
    Who said what?

    As already pointed out, you are wrong. It could have happened all by his own actions.


    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    then the only other thing that can do that type of damage is negligent driving.
    As already pointed out, you are wrong. It could have happened all by his own actions.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    since there is a past history of complaints with this police department for this very thing then one has to looking that it is very big possibility.
    Seven (7) complaints since 1997 doesn't add up to a "very big possibility".

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    they just went to far this time and someone died.

    There is no evidence that anybody went too far.
    Last edited by Excon; 06-25-15 at 01:13 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #47
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    22,729

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    even if he did it to himself the police were still negligent in securing him.
    if he was able to stand up and do it to himself he was not properly secured and they were negligent.

    if he was properly secured like they say he was then the only other thing that can do that type of damage is negligent driving.
    since there is a past history of complaints with this police department for this very thing then one has to looking that it is very big possibility.

    they just went to far this time and someone died.
    "They" went too far? Who is "they" and how far did they go... EXACTLY.
    And what evidence against THESE SPECIFIC OFFICERS is there?

    You'll find when this case goes to court that the rules are quite different than what it takes to make assumptions as they do in the media based on nothing more than biased opinions. If the only evidence is that the transport driver failed to properly secure the driver and did not give him medical attention when requested.... then by all means charge the individual involved if that is what you can prove with negligence. It won't amount to murder by any stretch of the imagination....

    Trying to prove he drove in a manner to deliberately cause death is going to be a hard thing to prove.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    or even an accident, will not cover for not strapping a handcuffed individual securely in the vehicle.
    In another State, case law says you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    I guess he took his acting too far when his head almost came off.
    Oh look. You are wrong again.
    You should really read the report.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #49
    Agitate Agitate! Agitate!
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    8,426

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    In another State, case law says you are wrong.


    Oh look. You are wrong again.
    You should really read the report.
    Freddy Gray's death has been ruled as a homicide. That is from the report.
    The Art of the Squeal, like a Fascist Pig!

  10. #50
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,018

    Re: Freddie Gray autopsy report leaked. Says he fell when the van stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by d0gbreath View Post
    Freddy Gray's death has been ruled as a homicide. That is from the report.
    And?
    1. That doesn't refute anything I have said.
    2. Homicide doesn't mean criminal. Or didn't you know that?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •