Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 213

Thread: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

  1. #151
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,456
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by logansrun View Post
    I would be surprised if it happens any time soon.
    Lot of civil war battlefields and historical sites in Virginia.


    In the future the only place that you'll see the Confederate flag will be tattooed on racist loser's foreheads.

    Read more about this topic here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/george...223100907.html

  2. #152
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,456
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Perhaps not as not vocal about it as Jimmy Carter was.
    Being a Christian is almost a requirement when running for POTUS.


    Which President of the USA wasn't a Christian?

  3. #153
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Last Seen
    08-14-15 @ 03:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    428

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    In the future the only place that you'll see the Confederate flag will be tattooed on racist loser's foreheads.

    Read more about this topic here: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/george...223100907.html
    Not likely going to happen in your life time. The conservative backlash from all this is that you will see confederate flags appearing everywhere all over the South on not public land. This "offensive" symbol will be used to taunt people at every opportunity. Beauregard's flag will have new life breathed into it because of the efforts to force its eradication.

    Wait.And.See.

  4. #154
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Perhaps not as not vocal about it as Jimmy Carter was. Being a Christian is almost a requirement when runing for POTUS.
    So being Christian is almost a requirement, Ford and Carter were both Christian... but Carter won the Southern vote because he was Christian, not because he was a Democrat?

    Yeah, back to the drawing board with that one, Pete.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #155
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,456
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by logansrun View Post
    Not likely going to happen in your life time. The conservative backlash from all this is that you will see confederate flags appearing everywhere all over the South on not public land. This "offensive" symbol will be used to taunt people at every opportunity. Beauregard's flag will have new life breathed into it because of the efforts to force its eradication.

    Wait.And.See.


    I'm going to wait and I'm sure that what we're going to see is that most Americans are tolerant and opposed to racist symbols.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  6. #156
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,528

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    LBJ picked by Kennedy to get the southern vote. Obviously Kennedy was a slavery-loving racist who wanted those votes.
    No one could win the presidency without the southern vote....until Obama.

  7. #157
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    25,867

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Nice tryAmerican;1064751782]I accept your surrender.[/QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  8. #158
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,528

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Soooo, let me get this straight... Southern Democrats turned Republican after the Civil Rights act... except most of them, and the ones that stayed Democrat only stayed Democrat so that they could get elected.... because all the Southern states turned Republican.

    Makes perfect sense!
    Some people switched after the civil rights act and some switched after Reagan was elected. What's so hard to understand about that?


    Chester Trent Lott, Sr. (born October 9, 1941) is a former United States Senator from Mississippi, who served in numerous leadership positions in both the United States House of Representatives and the Senate. He entered Congress as one of the first of a wave of Republicans winning seats in Southern states that had been solidly Democratic. He became Senate Majority Leader, then fell from power after praising Strom Thurmond's 1948 segregationist Dixiecrat presidential bid.

    In 1972, Colmer, one of the most conservative Democrats in the House, announced his retirement after 40 years in Congress. He endorsed Lott as his successor in Mississippi's 5th District, located in the state's southwestern tip, even though Lott ran as a Republican. Lott won handily, in large part due to Richard Nixon's landslide victory in that year's presidential election. Nixon won the 5th district with an astonishing 87 percent of the vote; it was his strongest congressional district in the entire nation.[9]


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Lott

  9. #159
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,858

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Some people switched after the civil rights act and some switched after Reagan was elected. What's so hard to understand about that?

    Chester Trent Lott, Sr. (born October 9, 1941) is a former United States Senator from Mississippi, who served in numerous leadership positions in both the United States House of Representatives and the Senate. He entered Congress as one of the first of a wave of Republicans winning seats in Southern states that had been solidly Democratic. He became Senate Majority Leader, then fell from power after praising Strom Thurmond's 1948 segregationist Dixiecrat presidential bid.

    In 1972, Colmer, one of the most conservative Democrats in the House, announced his retirement after 40 years in Congress. He endorsed Lott as his successor in Mississippi's 5th District, located in the state's southwestern tip, even though Lott ran as a Republican. Lott won handily, in large part due to Richard Nixon's landslide victory in that year's presidential election. Nixon won the 5th district with an astonishing 87 percent of the vote; it was his strongest congressional district in the entire nation.[9]

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trent_Lott
    I already said there were a handful, but far from the flood that Democrat apologists want to claim. 95% of the Racist Southern Democrats remained racist Southern Democrats because the majority of racist southern Democrats were progressives, not conservatives. I'll also add that the vast majority of racist Southern Democrats were progressive because racist progressive Southern Democrats loved them some Eugenics, and the closest thing they had in the 60s and 70s to feed that urge was the abortion movement. They progressives (including the Southern Democrats) never let go of the idea of social engineering through genetics and turned their focus after 1964 on to legalized abortion and promoting the idea to poor black communities that abortion was the answer to financial success. The Democrats still push this idea today which is why there are some 10 million fewer black voters today than there would have been otherwise while black poverty is still prevalent.

    I mean, put it this way, if there was a political party intent on destroying blacks in America they would be hard pressed to be as successful as the Democrats have been.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #160
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So being Christian is almost a requirement, Ford and Carter were both Christian... but Carter won the Southern vote because he was Christian, not because he was a Carter appealed largely to conservative Christian and rural votersDemocrat?

    Yeah, back to the drawing board with that one, Pete.
    There was probably many reasons why he won the south. Carter appealed largely to conservative Christian and rural voters; he was from the deep south, he was a former governor of Georgia and he was a peanut grower. And finally he ran against Gerald Ford. (btw, I voted for Ford)


Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •