Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 213

Thread: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

  1. #121
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,326

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Sure, that's why most blacks in Congress are Democrats; Republicans try to suppress the black vote; Why Democrats JFK/LBJ wanted public accommodation as part of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; voting rights; etc
    JFK would have been bounced out of today's Democrat party, a party who today has more in common with the ideology of his assassin than they do with JFK.

    And LBJ, well...

    “I’ll have those n**** voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
    - Lyndon B. Johnson

    And then there was Carter, since we are on the topic of the Confederate Flag..

    CIE2HBhUcAAt22e.jpg

    The objection by the Republican to the wording of the Public Accommodations section of the Civil Rights Act (again, pushed by the classic liberal Kennedy and Republicans, not by the DNC) was that it ran afoul of existing SCOTUS precedent and could scuttle the Civil Rights act in a Supreme Court challenge. Of the 117 Democrats that voted against the Civil Rights act of 1964 only a handful, 5 by my count (Iris Blitch, Arlen Specter, Strom Thurmond, Howard Callaway and Charles Pickering), switched parties to become Republican, the rest of those racists stuck with the Democrats. That is a conversion rate of... 4.3%

    Sooooo.. 95.7% of Democrat Congressmen who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 stayed Democrat.

    Hmmmmmm...
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Banning by public opinion is free speech and so is protesting.
    oh looky.. lefties have finally come up with a way to ban speech while pretending to support free speech...
    I expect such nonsense from far right wingers... I never expected to see a day when lefties were calling for bans ... but here we are.. flags, movies, large sodas, etc etc etc etc ....etc...etc........etc.

    If slavery is such a dead issue then it shouldn't a problem to take down the flag that pro-slavery was fought under, should it?
    I know it's asking alot, but maybe you should reconsider your belief over why it's still around....it's obviously not an endorsement of slavery or racism, so I wonder what it could be?

    oh never mind,I'm being silly asking lefties to think... we all know there is only one reason and one reason only that flag still exists... support for slavery and nothign else....derp derp.

  3. #123
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,451

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    oh looky.. lefties have finally come up with a way to ban speech while pretending to support free speech...
    I expect such nonsense from far right wingers... I never expected to see a day when lefties were calling for bans ... but here we are.. flags, movies, large sodas, etc etc etc etc ....etc...etc........etc.

    I know it's asking alot, but maybe you should reconsider your belief over why it's still around....it's obviously not an endorsement of slavery or racism, so I wonder what it could be?

    oh never mind,I'm being silly asking lefties to think... we all know there is only one reason and one reason only that flag still exists... support for slavery and nothign else....derp derp.

    Do you think willful ignorance and insults is helping your argument much?

  4. #124
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,542

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    the flag of Hawaii...

    Attachment 67186188


    happy?
    Only if were dyslexic.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  5. #125
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    48,542

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    oh looky.. lefties have finally come up with a way to ban speech while pretending to support free speech...
    I expect such nonsense from far right wingers... I never expected to see a day when lefties were calling for bans ... but here we are.. flags, movies, large sodas, etc etc etc etc ....etc...etc........etc.

    I know it's asking alot, but maybe you should reconsider your belief over why it's still around....it's obviously not an endorsement of slavery or racism, so I wonder what it could be?

    oh never mind,I'm being silly asking lefties to think... we all know there is only one reason and one reason only that flag still exists... support for slavery and nothign else....derp derp.
    Oh dear god it's another one of these people who thinks banning confederate flags is the discussion.

    Who keeps telling you guys this? What right-wing ****rag has been telling all of you "LIBRULS WANT TO BAN CONFEDERATE FLAGS," and why did you believe them?
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, certainly the customer is not an N-word.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You know her?

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,908

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Ah, that old falsehood. The racist southern Democrats stuck with the Democrats because that was the party of subversive social programs and culling black folk in the womb. They never stopped thinking that blacks are inferior they just adopted the progressive ideal that white people need to fix black people. Their programs destroyed the black family and dismembered many millions of unborn black babies ensuring a dependent minority.
    First of all, it's just historical fact that nearly 100% of Democrats not in the former CSA voted for the civil rights bills along with nearly all republicans, and that nearly 100% of white southerners voted against. So the split was white racists in the South versus EVERYONE ELSE.

    Like I said, it's so surprising that the GOP hasn't made more gains with the black community by calling them too stupid to know which party has the REAL racists. LOL.

    And I imagine at least part of the reason the South aligned with Democrats was because Lincoln and the northern occupiers and reconstructionists and the freed blacks (when they could vote) were Republicans.

  7. #127
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,451

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    JFK would have been bounced out of today's Democrat party, a party who today has more in common with the ideology of his assassin than they do with JFK.

    And LBJ, well...

    “I’ll have those n**** voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
    - Lyndon B. Johnson

    And then there was Carter, since we are on the topic of the Confederate Flag..

    CIE2HBhUcAAt22e.jpg

    The objection by the Republican to the wording of the Public Accommodations section of the Civil Rights Act (again, pushed by the classic liberal Kennedy and Republicans, not by the DNC) was that it ran afoul of existing SCOTUS precedent and could scuttle the Civil Rights act in a Supreme Court challenge. Of the 117 Democrats that voted against the Civil Rights act of 1964 only a handful, 5 by my count (Iris Blitch, Arlen Specter, Strom Thurmond, Howard Callaway and Charles Pickering), switched parties to become Republican, the rest of those racists stuck with the Democrats. That is a conversion rate of... 4.3%

    Sooooo.. 95.7% of Democrat Congressmen who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 stayed Democrat.

    Hmmmmmm...
    They were called Dixiecrats...but don't fret, they were still right wing conservative segregationists. Not sure, but I think Trent Lott was the last one in congress.



    LBJ and Carter were southerners where racism was the norm. Neither would've won the presidency without the southern vote.

  8. #128
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    JFK would have been bounced out of today's Democrat party, a party who today has more in common with the ideology of his assassin than they do with JFK.

    And LBJ, well...

    “I’ll have those n**** voting Democratic for the next 200 years.”
    - Lyndon B. Johnson

    And then there was Carter, since we are on the topic of the Confederate Flag..

    CIE2HBhUcAAt22e.jpg

    The objection by the Republican to the wording of the Public Accommodations section of the Civil Rights Act (again, pushed by the classic liberal Kennedy and Republicans, not by the DNC) was that it ran afoul of existing SCOTUS precedent and could scuttle the Civil Rights act in a Supreme Court challenge. Of the 117 Democrats that voted against the Civil Rights act of 1964 only a handful, 5 by my count (Iris Blitch, Arlen Specter, Strom Thurmond, Howard Callaway and Charles Pickering), switched parties to become Republican, the rest of those racists stuck with the Democrats. That is a conversion rate of... 4.3%

    Sooooo.. 95.7% of Democrat Congressmen who voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964 stayed Democrat.

    Hmmmmmm...
    JFK a classical liberal? That's a laugh, he was a an American Liberal who believed in Social Security and Medicare (that's why LBJ had passed it after JFK's death)

    The quote of LBJ came out of a book and no one knows if he uttered those words. Actually it doesn't matter if he said it, it was a common word in Texas at the time. It doesn't say anything about him being a racist. LBJ used his experience in both the House and Senate to get the bill passed.

    Jimmy Carter in front of the Confederate Flag? So what? He was trying to get elected.

    CRA of 1964? More Democrats vote for it than Republicans.

    By party[edit]
    The original House version:[20]
    Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
    Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
    Cloture in the Senate:[21]
    Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
    Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
    The Senate version:[20]
    Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
    Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
    The Senate version, voted on by the House:[20]
    Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
    Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)


  9. #129
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,451

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    JFK a classical liberal? That's a laugh, he was a an American Liberal who believed in Social Security and Medicare (that's why LBJ had passed it after JFK's death)

    The quote of LBJ came out of a book and no one knows if he uttered those words. Actually it doesn't matter if he said it, it was a common word in Texas at the time. It doesn't say anything about him being a racist. LBJ used his experience in both the House and Senate to get the bill passed.

    Jimmy Carter in front of the Confederate Flag? So what? He was trying to get elected.

    CRA of 1964? More Democrats vote for it than Republicans.

    By party[edit]
    The original House version:[20]
    Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
    Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)
    Cloture in the Senate:[21]
    Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
    Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
    The Senate version:[20]
    Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
    Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)
    The Senate version, voted on by the House:[20]
    Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
    Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)
    I would also add that JFK was about to sign the Civil Rights Act when he was assassinated....LBJ just finished the job. That was a brave move for him to do, too, because JFK wouldn't have won without LBJ on the ticket to bring in the southern vote.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,773

    Re: Virginia governor orders Confederate flag removed from license plates

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Do you think willful ignorance and insults is helping your argument much?
    Believe me, there is nothing that will help an argument against you. When it comes time, you just toss out a race card or two.
    TANSTAAFL

    “Certain types of loudmouthism should be a capital offense among decent people.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •