Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 312

Thread: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Faced

  1. #271
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Non-sequitur, this has no impact upon the proof provided by Robert Gates that your argument is complete bullchit.
    On the contrary. Gates' argument is my argument.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #272
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Then you have no point. The dynamics of warfare are universal and eternal.
    Oh for crying out loud, besides the fact that you ignored some very important points of my post, you had no ****ing point when you stuck your nose into my conversation to begin with. Which has been my experience with you from my earliest engagement with you.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #273
    Professor
    jpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    11-08-16 @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,482

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Just more politics. You'll notice the authors timed their study to exclude 9/11.
    Okay, let's go back to 9/11. But let's not stop there. Let's also include Oklahoma City. How far back would be appropriate?

    The right wing in action:

  4. #274
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    19,872

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    On the contrary. Gates' argument is my argument.
    That is in fact, not true, at all. Gates is clearly stating that analysts assess policy and criticize it as a matter of fact, your inferences and semantic nonsense do not change this in the least, Jack Ryan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumpf
    "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    I am a medical provider. Try having the pressure of someones life in your hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #275
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh for crying out loud, besides the fact that you ignored some very important points of my post, you had no ****ing point when you stuck your nose into my conversation to begin with. Which has been my experience with you from my earliest engagement with you.
    None of your "very important points" were a surprise to anyone.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #276
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by jpn View Post
    Twice as many terrorist threats come from domestic right-wing groups than from Islam-inspired groups.

    But we all knew that, right?

    Study: Right-wing terrorism has killed 48 people in the US since 2001 - Vox
    It will be dismissed based on the numbers of Americans killed not including 9/11. But we all now that's a convenient duck and dive when the point is that the right wing has conducted more incidents of attacks than Islamic extremists.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #277
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 09:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    None of your "very important points" were a surprise to anyone.
    Nor are any of yours Jack, ever. Funny watching you get your ass handed to you here. As Dave says, your in the toilet, just pull the chain.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #278
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That is in fact, not true, at all. Gates is clearly stating that analysts assess policy and criticize it as a matter of fact, your inferences and semantic nonsense do not change this in the least, Jack Ryan.

    Actually, Gates is saying the opposite of what you claim. They may have opinions about policy and they may be aware of the policy implications of their analysis but they will never cross the line to explicit policy assessment.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #279
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by jpn View Post
    Okay, let's go back to 9/11. But let's not stop there. Let's also include Oklahoma City. How far back would be appropriate?

    The right wing in action:
    Perfectly fair.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #280
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,758
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Nor are any of yours Jack, ever. Funny watching you get your ass handed to you here. As Dave says, your in the toilet, just pull the chain.
    I'm not sure why you think your series of commonplace observations were important.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •