Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 312

Thread: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Faced

  1. #151
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 12:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Anti-interventionism? We've been interfering continually. This is a result of the aggressive, imperial interventionism we've engaged in for decades.

    Maybe if we truely engaged in non-intetventionist policies we wouldn't be so deep in the muck. Anti-war? HAHA, yeah right. That's just ridiculous.
    Yes, and we have a moral obligation to be involved because we put many of the dictators in the ME in power. Now that the USSR has been defeated, we can removed these dictators from power.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Looks like an ISIS bomber was stopped in New York.

    They think more threats remain for the 4th of July.
    New Jersey Terror Suspect Arrested; NYPD On High Alert For July 4 « CBS New York

  3. #153
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,752

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And your point is wrong. We fight now because we are under attack.
    Well yes, that is certainly what they want you to think. A fearful populace is easy to manipulate.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,352

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Yes, and we have a moral obligation to be involved because we put many of the dictators in the ME in power. Now that the USSR has been defeated, we can removed these dictators from power.
    There is that, but seeing how that's backfired pretty much every time we do it, I think the bigger lesson is that we need to quit ****ing with other people's **** so much. We don't have a good track record.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #155
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 05:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,752

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    There is that, but seeing how that's backfired pretty much every time we do it, I think the bigger lesson is that we need to quit ****ing with other people's **** so much. We don't have a good track record.
    As with so many things, it depends upon one's perspective.

    We certainly DO have a good track record, if one is in the arms business.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,352

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    As with so many things, it depends upon one's perspective.

    We certainly DO have a good track record, if one is in the arms business.
    Or drugs, we're great at that too.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #157
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,657
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Ah the old "they hate us for our freedom" schtick. Probably the silliest conspiracy theory of all time.
    One of the greatest scholars of the Muslim world identified the problem as long ago as 1990. Read and learn.

    The Roots of Muslim Rage - The Atlantic

    www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...of-muslim-rage/304643/


    The Atlantic


    It was too much to endure, and the outbreak of rage against these alien, infidel, ..... Nor, of course, did the governments of the countries of origin of these Muslim ...
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #158
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,657
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Well yes, that is certainly what they want you to think. A fearful populace is easy to manipulate.
    It is not a matter of manipulation. The situation is actually worse than is publicized.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #159
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    49,352

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    It is not a matter of manipulation. The situation is actually worse than is publicized.
    It's clearly a matter of manipulation. Keep them fearful, keep them ignorant, and you can do whatever you want. That's the line the government takes here. Make us fear and then we won't question their power grabs, their forever war, their fascism. Just skipping down the road to hell.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #160
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,657
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Intel Committee Chair: US Is At ‘The Highest Threat Level We Have Ever Face

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's clearly a matter of manipulation. Keep them fearful, keep them ignorant, and you can do whatever you want. That's the line the government takes here. Make us fear and then we won't question their power grabs, their forever war, their fascism. Just skipping down the road to hell.
    “There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.”

    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Collected Works
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •