Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 670

Thread: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

  1. #651
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    139,548

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You are wrong of course and you will defend the gun at any cost, no matter what price in blood your society is forced to pay for it. I could now present a load of facts and figures that illustrate that point but we both know there would be little point in me doing so. I have no real wish to indulge such wilful obfuscation any further frankly and am just thankful to live in a society where I'm free from the fear of being shot. If you are unable to even acknowlege the fundamental point that a gun is a weapon then there's nowhere else to go with pursuing such nonsense.

    Good day
    You are completely ignorant on where I stand on this issue. I care little about guns. What I care about is logic and definitions. A gun can be a weapon, but a weapon is nothing more than a tool used in an action. My position has nothing to do with guns, but has to do with the problem both with your logic and your definitions. You framed the argument incorrectly.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #652
    Guru
    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    You are wrong of course and you will defend the gun at any cost, no matter what price in blood your society is forced to pay for it. I could now present a load of facts and figures that illustrate that point but we both know there would be little point in me doing so. I have no real wish to indulge such wilful obfuscation any further frankly and am just thankful to live in a society where I'm free from the fear of being shot. If you are unable to even acknowlege the fundamental point that a gun is a weapon then there's nowhere else to go with pursuing such nonsense.

    Good day
    You are wrong of course and you will defend the criminal at any cost, no matter what price in blood your society is forced to pay for it. I could now present a load of facts and figures that illustrate that point but we both know there would be little point in me doing so. See how that works?

    If I remember correctly, you bragged about being a war veteran. Do you want to take back that statement above about being free from fear of being shot. That's just one example of that lie.

  3. #653
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    If I remember correctly, you bragged about being a war veteran. Do you want to take back that statement above about being free from fear of being shot. That's just one example of that lie.
    Stating I was a Falklands war veteran is not the same as bragging about it. There was nothing to brag about nor have I ever done so. That I am free from the fear of being shot is true . I guess in your society you'll never know the value that that sort 'freedom' represents for people here

  4. #654
    Guru
    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,011

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Stating I was a Falklands war veteran is not the same as bragging about it. There was nothing to brag about nor have I ever done so. That I am free from the fear of being shot is true . I guess in your society you'll never know the value that that sort 'freedom' represents for people here
    Obviously, you do not understand "freedom"

    You need to free yourself from the unhealthy fear of guns.

  5. #655
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Obviously, you do not understand "freedom"
    You need to free yourself from the unhealthy fear of guns.
    Only in the US is the weird concept that freedom is somehow defined by having the ability to kill one another more easily.

    Your society certainly indulges that 'freedom' in its tens of thousands of every year

  6. #656
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo
    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    139,548

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Only in the US is the weird concept that freedom is somehow defined by having the ability to kill one another more easily.

    Your society certainly indulges that 'freedom' in its tens of thousands of every year
    The lack of logic in what you said is quite strong. Firstly, in ANY society, people have the ability to kill one another. The ease in which that occurs can be seen with anyone who owns an automobile. Secondly, freedom is not necessarily defined by this ability. People are "free" to do what they wish, however, they are NOT free to do things without consequences. Lastly, whatever your issue with gun is, the problem is not guns. The problem would be why guns are being used in the way that they are.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    Mace Windu: Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive.

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #657
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,665

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Stating I was a Falklands war veteran is not the same as bragging about it. There was nothing to brag about nor have I ever done so. That I am free from the fear of being shot is true . I guess in your society you'll never know the value that that sort 'freedom' represents for people here
    Yall just fear being stabbed so much you want to ban kitchen knives

  8. #658
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The lack of logic in what you said is quite strong. Firstly, in ANY society, people have the ability to kill one another. The ease in which that occurs can be seen with anyone who owns an automobile. Secondly, freedom is not necessarily defined by this ability. People are "free" to do what they wish, however, they are NOT free to do things without consequences. Lastly, whatever your issue with gun is, the problem is not guns. The problem would be why guns are being used in the way that they are.
    How many deliberately kill using a car .... ?

    nuff said

  9. #659
    Sage
    flogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wokingham, England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    Yall just fear being stabbed so much you want to ban kitchen knives
    Nonsense

  10. #660
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,665

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Nonsense
    BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

    A&E doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.

Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •