Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 670

Thread: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

  1. #621
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    And are you really going to critisize the source I posted and then reply with the blaze.com? C'mon now.

    What is missing from the blaze and torontosun us actual statistics to support their claim. If you go to motherjones, any biases aside, the crimes are listed. It is detailed on a chart with events you can look into independently.
    Its funny, the title tells you who reported the story. I merely linked to the summary because I know lefties need bullet statements. The blaze is not the primary source, the AP is.

  2. #622
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I am not talking about gun laws. I haven't said anything along those lines. I refuted what someine else posted about mass murders decreasing.
    You refuted nothing.

  3. #623
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Firstly I dont see you providing data to back your assertions, secondly I dont see you going to his sources to disprove his.

    I believe that is because you are incorrect, the data does not match your claim.

    This is where you provide evidence, otherwise its just cause you say so, and forgive me but such matters are too important to leave to that.
    The link I provided shows the year, the shooting, the shooters, the number killed and the number injured. It shows it year by year in a nice neat little chart. Your rebuttal, and the rebuttal in the links is nah uh. So please try harder before you reply.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  4. #624
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its funny, the title tells you who reported the story. I merely linked to the summary because I know lefties need bullet statements. The blaze is not the primary source, the AP is.

    Again I posted a link to the actual mass murders showing them by year to show they are increasing. What more do you want than the actual data?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #625
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    25,831

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    Cotton might be "insensitive" and a "monster," but he's got a point: Another mass shooting in a "gun free zone."
    Blaming the victim. Go figure.

    NRA guy blames dead victims for political gain... I'd follow this with "NEWS AT ELEVEN!!!" ....buuuuuut this isn't news. It's too commonplace.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Supreme Court can't interpret The Constitution. They don't have that power.

  6. #626
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,705

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Its funny, the title tells you who reported the story. I merely linked to the summary because I know lefties need bullet statements. The blaze is not the primary source, the AP is.
    kreton's not exactly what I would call a lefty. He's one of the few real middle of the road posters here
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  7. #627
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    160,705

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Blaming the victim. Go figure.

    NRA guy blames dead victims for political gain... I'd follow this with "NEWS AT ELEVEN!!!" ....buuuuuut this isn't news. It's too commonplace.

    a stupid reaction to the idiocy of the clown in the white house
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #628
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Again I posted a link to the actual mass murders showing them by year to show they are increasing. What more do you want than the actual data?
    Your own data is limited only to a specific time period, up to the year 2012 which was the highest (according to my links) year since 1999, but overall shootings are in decline, and in fact the highest year was 1929. My links address why people "feel" (despite the data) that mass killings are on the rise.

    I am instantly skeptical when a narrow window (in your case just a few years) is used to form a picture of longstanding trends. Tricks like this will make one a quick cynic-its like when proponents of the war on poverty produce graphs to show its lowered poverty-neglecting to show it was falling faster and much longer, in the years preceding the program.

    Beyond that, my data is researched by a criminologist-your limited study was researched by ...mother jones. And all superimposed on the fact that there are both more guns, and less violent crime more broadly.

    Flawed study, flawed source. I hope I was able to teach you something about statistical analysis.
    Last edited by US Conservative; 06-23-15 at 10:30 PM.

  9. #629
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    12-30-16 @ 05:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,932

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Your own data is limited only to a specific time period, up to the year 2012 which was the highest (according to my links) year since 1999, but overall shootings are in decline, and in fact the highest year was 1929. My links address why people "feel" (despite the data) that mass killings are on the rise.

    I am instantly skeptical when a narrow window (in your case just a few years) is used to form a picture of longstanding trends. Tricks like this will make one a quick cynic-its like when proponents of the war on poverty produce graphs to show its lowered poverty-neglecting to show it was falling faster and much longer, in the years preceding the program.

    Beyond that, my data is researched by a criminologist-your limited study was researched by ...mother jones. And all superimposed on the fact that there are both more guns, and less violent crime more broadly.

    Flawed study, flawed source. I hope I was able to teach you something about statistical analysis.
    Did you open the link? It goes all the way to the Charleston shooter. And we are talking mass murders not violent crime. Go actually read what was posted. Refute the actual data, not whine about the source. Look at the data and show me actual data that refutes it. This is a very simple process. You are refusing because the data is accurate. Find one mass murder on that list that is false. Then you can question the data. You can't. It is accurate. Again, I provided the actual data. The dates and information about mass shootings in the US since 1982. You are crying about the website it is posted in and all you have to fall back on is saying nah uh. Formulate a better argument.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  10. #630
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Did you open the link? It goes all the way to the Charleston shooter. And we are talking mass murders not violent crime. Go actually read what was posted. Refute the actual data, not whine about the source. Look at the data and show me actual data that refutes it. This is a very simple process. You are refusing because the data is accurate. Find one mass murder on that list that is false. Then you can question the data. You can't. It is accurate. Again, I provided the actual data. The dates and information about mass shootings in the US since 1982. You are crying about the website it is posted in and all you have to fall back on is saying nah uh. Formulate a better argument.
    Yes, we are talking about mass murder, I merely added a cherry on top. Your "data" is from mother jones-its not sourced and they claim it as their own research. I cited a published professional, you cited...mother jones. And my data is much more comprehensive.

    Your data is questionable without me needing to dispute a thing. Should I cite Rush Limbaugh to prove that?

Page 63 of 67 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •