Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 670

Thread: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

  1. #581

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    It's unfortunate that the firearm used to commit a crime gets blamed by the left and the right looks to guns as solutions. What it takes is people who won't tolerate others threatening to take their life, liberty or property. However that needs to happen, realize that we each have a responsibility to protect what we value from those who will undoubtedly try to take out away.

  2. #582
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I don't blame the gun. It is not the gun's fault. The gun is nothing but a tool. The fact that these things happen more frequently, these days, DOES denote that something larger is going on. And remember... when things go south, don't blame the victims of the incident. They have no responsibility in getting killed.



    Yes and I separated them.



    Your point is not logical since it is speculative. If someone there had a gun, that does not mean that what happened would not have happened. If that was not a gun-free zone, it does not mean that what happened would not have happened. If that was not a gun free zone, it does not mean that anyone would have decided to carry. Your speculation has far too many ifs and steps for it to have any kind of secure logic.
    You have allowed yourself to be manipulated by the media, congrats.

    These shootings are NOT more common these days, in fact they are less common.

  3. #583

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    I never said anything about anyone having a gun to prevent what happened. All I said it's that people need to take responsibility for their own safety. If you feel that where you are is safe (like a church should be) then act accordingly. I just want people to be proactive in protecting themselves so as to prevent becoming victims.

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Yeah, I'm ok with that. Made my peace with it long ago before I did my tour in Law Enforcement.



    If some of us don't take that risk, all the innocents of the world suffer.
    Alright, I still think it's inappropriate to the point of being laughable to carry a weapon to church. To me, it's disrespecting the sanctity of the place. However, I'm clearly not going to convince you of that, and we do live in America where conducting oneself with class and dignity are purely optional.

    You do your thing, I'm not going to try to convince you anymore

  5. #585
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,564

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Alright, I still think it's inappropriate to the point of being laughable to carry a weapon to church. To me, it's disrespecting the sanctity of the place. However, I'm clearly not going to convince you of that, and we do live in America where conducting oneself with class and dignity are purely optional.

    You do your thing, I'm not going to try to convince you anymore
    good sentiment. we who are a bit more rational realize that if an environment is well known to be gun free, there is a good chance it will be a target for active shooters. and to me, living through a violent attack sure beats dying so your family can pretend you had too much dignity to be armed against assholes
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  6. #586
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,733

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Why does the rest of the developed world not have the problems that are endemic in the US?
    I dunno, but it isn't because we allow people to defend themselves. Besides, it ain't peaches and cream everywhere else. Can you say "Charlie Hebdo"?
    Нава́льный 2018

  7. #587
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    176,564

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    I dunno, but it isn't because we allow people to defend themselves. Besides, it ain't peaches and cream everywhere else. Can you say "Charlie Hebdo"?
    Mexico has idiotic gun bans and a murder rate much higher than ours.
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    Time for real gun control
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas giants View Post
    You too are a gun banner if you want ANY person banned from guns.

  8. #588
    Sage
    Ahlevah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Flyoverland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,733

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Mexico has idiotic gun bans and a murder rate much higher than ours.
    In Mexico, people are NOT allowed to defend themselves unless they're politically connected, which means they're wealthy and can pay bribes. The country has exactly one gun store to service 122 million people. But that didn't stop if from recording 60,000 deaths in the ongoing drug war, give or take a few thousand corpses.
    Нава́льный 2018

  9. #589
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    151,129

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    A tool for what exactly ? Moving small pieces of lead around at high velocity into people ?

    Sorry but thats a weapon. Most infants here when shown a gun know that its a weapon and what its for.

    Trying to make it seem somehow more benign by describing it as a tool is being wilfully disingenuous about its true purpose. Its often used in order to try and justify the guns bizarre pseudo religious status within your society.
    A tool for firing bullets. Regardless of what you think, a gun has no intent or value associated with it. Only the user of the gun, does.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #590
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    151,129

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahlevah View Post
    It's logical that if one has a means of defense an attack can be halted in its tracks, because we've seen it happen, most recently in the Texas cartoon attacks in which we ended up with two dead perps and zero dead cartoonists. An outcome does not have to be certain to make sense. It's speculation that the Secret Service can prevent the assassination of the President, so would it be logical to remove his detail?
    And if the queen had balls, she'd be king. That's the extent of the logic of your argument.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •