Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 670

Thread: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

  1. #531
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,761

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Goodness, I guess you don't have an actual argument so resort to ad hominems. And you've been speaking for others this entire thread, several times saying you don't believe some of us even HOLD different opinions than you do.



    "Alleged gun" - nice! Would you like me to list them for you and provide pictures?

    And if we're going to go down the dishonest hack argument route, GOD help YOU when you get in a car wreck without 4 point restraints and a helmet on. Because I'm sure that driving to church is 1,000s of times riskier than "a Loughner" in any church.
    what is there to argue against-you are afraid of people having a gun in a church even if they are properly licensed and you claim such people will deteriorate the "worship experience" of other church goers

    both of your points are idiotic. The best you can say is that you will be upset if you found out a worshipper next to you is packing.

    there is NO risk to you from a licensed individual having a gun that comes close to outweighing what will happen if your church is attacked. and remember-there are almost no cases of CCW gun bearers pulling out a gun and shooting UNLESS there is an attack
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  2. #532
    Sage


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    25,512

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no it started with an incredible idiot in the White House wanting to use this massacre to push his failed jihad against the NRA and gun owners again.
    Somebody needs to jiihad against the NRA, if not him then who?

  3. #533
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,761

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Somebody needs to jiihad against the NRA, if not him then who?
    thanks for again proving my point. its all about you lefties hating the NRA and its support of freedom loving candidate

    it has nothing to do about "crime control
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  4. #534
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    16,794

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Nursmate View Post
    The NRA is the most vile and disgusting organization in this country. Who in the hell wants to carry a gun to worship in church and how could anyone suggest that. They use every tragic event to promote their insane ideology. This group appeals to militia idiots and skin heads.
    You don't worship the gun in the church, you worship whatever it is you were going to worship... only this way you have some means to protect yourself should some random asshat who doesn't belong there and has some insane ax to grind try to kill you.

    "Gun free zones" would only work if they contained powerful magical abjurations that would literally prevent firearms from entering the area. Without them, they just mean that the folks who respect that authority will comply and those who want to do harm will know they can do such harm without risking similar danger to themselves.

  5. #535
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Whup some ass probably, like he did on them moneychangers.



    You seriously think Jesus wants me to sit there and let innocents be slaughtered, rather than fire a gun in a church?

    He'd be ashamed if I had the means and declined to use it.







    If you're young or have a short memory, that's not my problem. There's been shootings and hate crime attacks in a good many churches over the past 50 years. Quite a good many.


    Expect that to stay as bad or get worse... until they start getting shot in the act before racking up a MSNBC-worthy body count...
    Up to you. To me, Jesus seems like the "turn the other cheek" type. When Christ was being arrested, Peter drew a weapon, and Jesus rebuked him for it.

    Live by the gun, die by the gun.

  6. #536
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    no what you are talking about is a guestimation what a person or deity who may or may not have existed might have theoretically believed. I am basing my position on facts, and current events

    if you believe in God that God exists in the mall, the spa, the car lot or a church. why a church is any different it escapes me. A person competent to carry a gun in a mall is equally competent in a church. That he might offend some people matters not to me.

    I get that you're not particularly religious, and that's your freedom and right to think that way. If you're not a churchgoer, though, I don't get why you're bothering to post on this topic or have this debate.

    Clearly people are in church because they are Christian, and therefore Christian theology is germane to any discussion about what is or isn't appropriate to bring to a church.

    People are religious for a variety of reasons. It gives people hope, a sense of purpose, etc. While I respect your right to not be religious, you should also try to be more respectful of other people's religious tendencies and of their right to worship as they see fit.

  7. #537
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,761

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I get that you're not particularly religious, and that's your freedom and right to think that way. If you're not a churchgoer, though, I don't get why you're bothering to post on this topic or have this debate.

    Clearly people are in church because they are Christian, and therefore Christian theology is germane to any discussion about what is or isn't appropriate to bring to a church.

    People are religious for a variety of reasons. It gives people hope, a sense of purpose, etc. While I respect your right to not be religious, you should also try to be more respectful of other people's religious tendencies and of their right to worship as they see fit.
    I concede that each church should decide if its going to allow guns. however, if a church does not and a massacre takes place, the fault is still that of the shooter but the decision can be damned as stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  8. #538
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,029

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is there to argue against-you are afraid of people having a gun in a church even if they are properly licensed and you claim such people will deteriorate the "worship experience" of other church goers
    You're not making honest arguments, and you're unwillingness to even ACKNOWLEDGE different opinions is staggering.

    Not all churches allow guns. I don't need to claim that guns deteriorate the worship experience for those churches because the church leadership guided by the congregation has made that decision and the decision is proof of the FACT that guns are in their view a negative to the broader purpose of a worship service.

    both of your points are idiotic. The best you can say is that you will be upset if you found out a worshipper next to you is packing.
    Not exactly, but OK. And if he's not my risk goes up ZERO percent. So why allow it in church? You've not even tried to make a rational case for it.

    there is NO risk to you from a licensed individual having a gun that comes close to outweighing what will happen if your church is attacked. and remember-there are almost no cases of CCW gun bearers pulling out a gun and shooting UNLESS there is an attack
    You're making an objective claim, so please back that claim up with some data or evidence.

    And I'm not arguing that the person carrying a Glock to my church is a significant risk to me. It's not. It's almost surely higher than the risk of a church attack by "a Loughner" but both are negligible, trivial, too small to actually matter, and driving to church is the by FAR the most risky thing I'll have done that day no matter how many or no people carry a Glock to worship and to accept communion.

    What I've said is it changes the experience in a negative way, and that's just a statement of fact for ME. I've seen too many accidental discharges of weapons to trust that strangers carrying them know what they're doing and I don't want to have to worry if your wife leaves her purse on the pew while she's standing and singing the hymn that there is or isn't a gun in there the kids can pull out and shoot me with.

  9. #539
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    166,761

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    tl dr. how many crimes have been committed by parishioners legally packing
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    Why would you not want to register your weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity View Post
    , as long as you can own one or fewer guns, your right to bear a firearm is not being infringed upon.

  10. #540
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,029

    Re: NRA executive suggests slain Charleston pastor to blame for gun deaths

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I concede that each church should decide if its going to allow guns. however, if a church does not and a massacre takes place, the fault is still that of the shooter but the decision can be damned as stupid
    Similarly, when someone dies in a car accident without a 4 point restraint and a helmet on, we can damn THEM as stupid. Good point!

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •